Your LO is down for a nap...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2012, 08:05 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What do you do? Take a nap yourself? Catch up online or with the TV? Shower? Eat?

Sometimes it's hard to do the basic things were used to. What's the first thing you do when you get a chance? Typically I nap or sneak in some food. I try to shower when DH or my mom
Is here just incase Summer wakes up.

August 30th, 2012, 08:08 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
So far, 13 days in, it depends on how the night went. If I slept 'enough' during the night I may hop online or watch Netflix. Once he is a few weeks older I will probably let him sleep outside while I putter in the yard.

If the night was rough - I nap when he naps.
August 30th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Mom to Madeline
If I was up all night, then nap. If not, clean, quick workout, or catch up on tv.
August 30th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Laundry or dishes :-/. If those two happen to be done, I try to read to the kids or something, my online time is when I am nursing and rocking.

August 30th, 2012, 08:23 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I wish I could nap when he naps. I generally get some cleaning done when he's asleep. Though if he's in the wrap I'm limited on what I can do.

August 30th, 2012, 08:28 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
My house is a wreck. I don't try to do anything for the day until everyone is in bed. Rowan sleeps great when I first put him down for the night, so I use that time to get stuff done around the house. The rest of the day, I just pick a spot on the couch and lounge with my baby and my laptop- just getting up to prepare meals, lol. Yesterday I had to work (and encapsulate the twin placentas), so I just popped Rowan in a sling so that I wouldn't have to worry about him. He doesn't sleep very hard during the day and I can't hear his cry over all the other noise in the house.

August 30th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Laundry, Bottle washing or work (I work from home). Although she has been wanting to only sleep in my arms for naps recently so the sling has been a life saver for me to get things done. Man sometimes I'd kill for a nap though!

Jan 2010 August 2011

August 30th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
Cheer a little. I just got an hour of free time and I feel a little less insane. I picked up throughout the house, showered, made beds, put away dishes, reloaded the dish washer, did the hand washing, stuck some apple slices in the oven and threw a load of laundry in and it was awesome.
If they both sleep at once, i might shut my eyes for a few minutes but i usually try to get something done because it makes me feel better than sleep does.
mind you DS is about to go for a nap and after two horrible nights (with him...not the baby) in a row i might just sleep.
August 30th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Sometimes I sleep, depends how the night before was...usually I will do laundry or clean. I shower with him in his bouncy chair in the bathroom with me...I think the sound of the water is the equivalent of the vacuum to others so I'm able to have a decent shower without him crying or worrying about him waking up since he's already awake.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 30th, 2012, 09:09 AM
berryblue031's Avatar Mathias' Super Mommy!
If DS is home as soon as she is down it's mommy and DS time. Otherwise I nap with her in the AM and after lunch I do things around the house, usually prepping dinner so it's ready to just be turned on at dinner time. At 3pm I pick up my son.

Starting Sept 10th though I'll be doing some from home on the side computer programming work (im a software developer) I'm hoping to swing 20hours a week so a couple hours in the evening after DS is sleeping and a couple hours after lunch

Mathias: Born Nov 10 2009 weighing in at: 9lbs 2oz & 22inches (4150g 54cm)

Anna Elizabeth: Born Aug 24 2012 weighing in at: 8lbs 6oz & 20.5inches (3795g 52cm)
August 30th, 2012, 09:30 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are having a bit of a problem napping atm - Noah will only go for 10-15 mins max in his moses basket. if i let him sleep on my chest he can go upto 3 hours which is great but it means that i cant get anything done. I am trying everything i can think of to get him to sleep on his own but so far nothing is working and i cant just let him cry - hes so tiny im scared he will hyperventilate! He wont sleep on Alan either - just me. its lovely knowing he feels safe and loved with me but i need time to shower!
So when hes sleeping on me im usually online or watching tv, when hes in the basket im running round the house like a crazy person trying to get as much done as possible before he wakes screaming!

...and baby number 2
August 30th, 2012, 09:44 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
When Finn sleeps I do the dishes, laundry, and try to get a meal organized for dinner. It's just about impossible though. I miss warm meals. David cooks but it isn't the same. LOL! At least he tries.
I don't get to shower unless I have my mom over or David is back from work.
I also catch up online when I'm nursing or cuddling.

August 30th, 2012, 10:04 AM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Play with my toddler, or sit on the couch and watch tv with her (usually sesame street ha) if I don't have the energy to do anything else. Chores are on the list too, so are eating and showering . Napping only happens when my toddler is asleep, but I make it a point to get at least a 30 minute nap in--makes such a difference!

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

August 30th, 2012, 10:32 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Anything but nap. I do try and relax but napping isn't one of the ways. Unless it's before 11am, then I try and nap with him.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

August 30th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Bathe, get dressed, do hair and makeup, clean house, and then the kids are generally home from school. The rest of the afternoon we get to eat our one meal. Then we have hours of homework.

Last edited by Sherry777; August 30th, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
August 30th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I play with DD, since they don't usually nap the same schedule. On the off chance that they are both sleeping I usually relax. It's my only me time, and since DH is gone all week I don't mind if the house gets a little neglected so I can have me time.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
August 30th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
It really depends on how well he sleeps at night. If it was a rough night, then I'll try to sneak a nap in when he does. If it was a good night, then I try to do laundry or dishes or little household chores. This place is an absolute mess right now because he's been cluster feeding for the past few days, and I just haven't had time to do much. Even when I tried to put him in the Moby to get a few things done, he wanted to be wide awake. He's napping now, but in a really restless kind of way. So I know if I get started on something, he'll wake up.

Shower... I would love one. Perhaps when DH gets home from work.

August 31st, 2012, 01:54 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Michaela is a good night sleeper, and Shaun does the late evening feed, so I only get up with her once in the night, and don't need daytime naps (at present, anyway - wouldn't want to jinx us! ). So when she is down during the day I express, grab a drink/snack or meal if it's mealtime, clean and sterilise bottles, and then sit down and come on JM or chat/snuggle with Daniel and watch him playing. I can't do much else at the moment, not allowed to do housework or have anything more than a very short walk.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search