How Are You Healing

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I'm three weeks PP, and I feel good in general. Just really tired and dirty right now because I need a shower.

However, my stitches (five from a second-degree tear) started stinging again two days ago and are still. They had felt better for about a week, and I don't know if a lot of activity just made them sore again.

I'm also still bleeding. Well, it's the brownish lochia at this point. It's way less, but I've had a couple of really yucky moments in the past few days. Is this normal at 3 weeks PP?

How are you all healing?

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
August 30th, 2012, 12:20 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Somewhere around 2-3 weeks, the scab from where the placenta falls off and heals up. That's what I'm going through right now. I think I aggravated it a bit too with working the past couple of days. Ugh.

Bleeding, minor cramping, and easy fatigue are the only remnants left that remind me that I just had a baby. I feel fantastic and My vagina certainly doesn't feel like I just pushed a baby out.

August 30th, 2012, 12:39 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
I actually don't feel like I had a baby at all, which is wonderful and totally not like my first experience. I had a very minor first degree tear but it's healed up. Still bleeding a little, which only makes me feel icky with this unrelenting heat. Other than that, just a little tired but naps get me thru the rest of the day! I'm so thankful my toddler naps well (this is when I snooze), not sure I'd be as positive without one!

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

August 30th, 2012, 12:50 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I'm only 1 week pp and still feeling awful. I'm engorged, and my stitches are pinching horribly. (i tore up and down. The up are really bothering me) Its hard to walk without the awful pulling sensation. I'm really tired, and looking forward to feeling better.

August 30th, 2012, 01:22 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im almost back to normal - my bleeding stopped about a week ago, i have no pain and stitches seem to have healed nicely. The only problem im having now is a pain under my armpit when breastfeeding - really hoping its nothing serious :/

...and baby number 2
August 30th, 2012, 01:28 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I'm 5 weeks PP and I'm still spotting here and there. It's truly annoying since I've never had pp bleeding go on this long. Down there I feel fine. I'm just tired often still, but it's lack of sleep.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

August 30th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I'm ready for sex already! I can't believe I have to wait three more weeks.
aubers68 and newmommysarah like this.

August 30th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
3 weeks pp here and I feel wonderful. I don't feel like I just had a baby at all, minus the annoying spotting still. I think it's lingered on so long just because I'm always over doing it. I really don't even feel sleep deprived. And honestly, I can't wait to do it again.
therevslady likes this.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
August 30th, 2012, 01:45 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry777 View Post
I'm ready for sex already! I can't believe I have to wait three more weeks.
me too - i kind of wish Alan hadn't proposed this week because its really hard not being able to celebrate properly!
Sherry777 likes this.

...and baby number 2
August 30th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 3 weeks pp and I actually feel really good too. I feel like I'm almost done with the bleeding part and my stitches don't actually feel that bad. I'm exhausted, but I think that's the whole lack of sleep thing.

Jan 2010 August 2011

August 30th, 2012, 02:06 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
My stitches were healing great and last week (I would have been 3 weeks PP) started stinging super bad!!! I had my doctor check them at Oz's 4 week appt on Tuesday and he said it looks like a small cyst had formed which was the source of my pain, but it had burst by my appt. He said to take sitz baths 2-3 times a day and it should heal up in no time at all. Two days later I'm feeling tons better and I just looked in the mirror and the redness is all gone and the incision looks almost completely healed.

Pinterest
Flickr
August 30th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by one.juniper View Post
My stitches were healing great and last week (I would have been 3 weeks PP) started stinging super bad!!! I had my doctor check them at Oz's 4 week appt on Tuesday and he said it looks like a small cyst had formed which was the source of my pain, but it had burst by my appt. He said to take sitz baths 2-3 times a day and it should heal up in no time at all. Two days later I'm feeling tons better and I just looked in the mirror and the redness is all gone and the incision looks almost completely healed.
I was doing good with the sitz baths in the beginning, but I started slacking when the stitches started feeling better. I guess I need to go back to the routine. They're not awful, but I just expected the stinging to go away by now. I did look at them in the mirror, and they don't look too bad. Back to being careful I suppose.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
August 30th, 2012, 03:06 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
I'm 6 weeks PP and feeling tired but back to normal. My incision is healed nicely. My bleeding stop about 2 weeks ago, but I had spotting every once in a while for a week after that. My OB gave us the green light 2 days ago at my 6 week OB check and then asked if we'd like him to take the baby with him to the nurse's station so DH and I could 'get to it' in the room since I already had my pants off (I had my Pap done because they never got it while I was PG) We said no, but thanks lol. Then DH went to the store that night and got condoms and jumped me as soon as Elias was sleeping It was odd not having my belly in the way now.
Mom2JDub and magz88 like this.

August 30th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Physically I feel pretty good. I haven't gotten the green light to exercise yet from the doctor, as I'm not quite 3 weeks out from my c-section...but I'm anxiously waiting! I have no sex drive yet though....I'm still sleeping on the couch with Cameron and DH is in bed (he transports hazardous waste so he needs a good sleep!) which we're hoping this weekend that I'm able to move back to our bed. What I can see of my incision looks fine, but I still have the sani-strips...they won't come off! And I don't want to pull them.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 30th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Mom to Madeline
I'm 2 weeks PP, still sore, having stinging pee (not as bad, but still not a pleasant experience),still bleeding, but the bleeding is not bad at all.

I'm ready to start working out again, but I need to wait until I heal more...

I'm so ready to feel "normal" again down there.
August 30th, 2012, 05:37 PM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
I'm feeling pretty great, definitely not like I had a baby two weeks ago! Bleeding is at a minimum, but does pick up just a little when I go on long walks. My stitches were itching, but that has subsided, I'm sure it'll get worse again before it gets better though.

My Ovulation Chart
August 30th, 2012, 06:23 PM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 9 days postpartum, I feel great. Of course 8 hours after I had her I felt great too. Its weird I don't feel like I just had a baby. With the other three I either tore or had an episiodomy and got stitches and was sore for weeks, I wasn't even sore the night after I had her so its been a nice recovery. I wanted to dtd with dh last night, but I know I need to wait no matter how good I feel. I have to remind myself daily that I did just have a baby and I need to take it easy!
magz88 likes this.
August 30th, 2012, 07:51 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling really good. We're a little over 4 weeks and although the bleeding has stopped I'm trying to hold off on DTD. We're both more then ready but I'm afraid to risk it!

August 30th, 2012, 10:01 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
I was doing good with the sitz baths in the beginning, but I started slacking when the stitches started feeling better. I guess I need to go back to the routine. They're not awful, but I just expected the stinging to go away by now. I did look at them in the mirror, and they don't look too bad. Back to being careful I suppose.
I had also slacked off with the baths once I had started feeling better. Good Luck!

Pinterest
Flickr
August 31st, 2012, 01:36 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I am still pretty beaten up, but I am only a week and a day post section. My cesarean scar is actually not that sore unless I move too fast. But I had an abdominal drain after my hemorrhage and the wound from that is VERY sore. I keep asking the midwives to look at it but they say it's fine. I still have after pains, too, usually in the afternoons after I've expressed a few times. My back is quite sore and I'm having to support it with lots of pillows. My sex drive never went away and I would so love to have sex, but I am simply too sore - am pretty frustrated and I bet Shaun is, too. :*( The PP bleed is actually not too bad (one advantage of having a c-section I think) so I have done better in that respect.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search