First night away

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 3 Post By aubers68

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2012, 10:45 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tonight is my best friends bachelorette party. I'm excited and bummed at the same time. I'm so nervous about leaving Summer. Not because I don't trust my mom or anything like that, but because I don't want to leave here and I'm nervous I won't be able to have a good time. Nervous I will be an emotional wreck...

I feel like if I don't drink I won't be able to have a good time, I know that sounds HORRIBLE. I really WANT to drink, but I don't want to pump and dump... I know you can drink and not pump and dump, but if I'm drinking the way most my friends do at a party, even if not as bad as most, I think I will have to dump. I know I won't drink to get sh*tfaced but it will probably be enough to let loose and have a good time. UGH I just don't know.... I guess I better head out and get those alcohol test strips just incase...

September 1st, 2012, 11:02 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
aww I hope you manage to enjoy yourself sweetie. It's important to have some down-time and especially among your friends.

It is hard if you enjoy a drink to help let your hair down and you're among others who have expectations that you'll drink a certain amount etc. Something I've done before is have one alcoholic drink and then one fruit juice or soft drink, and if anyone's asked why I'm not drinking, rather than have pressure put on me, I've told them there's rum or vodka in it.

I plan on having my first post-partum beer this evening. I'm going to express at around 7.30pm, and then have my beer, and then express again well into the night. I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm sure you'll be fine too. It's just finding the right balance.
aubers68 likes this.

September 1st, 2012, 08:22 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hope you're having loads of fun tonight

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 2nd, 2012, 03:15 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Did you manage to enjoy yourself honey?

September 2nd, 2012, 09:20 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an alright time. I didn't sit and worry about her like I thought I would, but by the end of the night I was more then ready to see her. I think throughout the whole night I drank a beer and a half and a couple jello shots... my milk tested perfectly normal when I got home

September 2nd, 2012, 01:59 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm glad you had a good time!
September 2nd, 2012, 03:49 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Yaaay for a good time!

September 3rd, 2012, 07:01 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
You don't need to pump and dump, alcohol will only stay in your milk as long as it stays in your blood. So if you know your going to register on a breathalyser for instance, then your milk will contain alcohol too. The only time you need to pump while drinking is if you needed to keep your supply up.

Glad you had a nice time

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search