~*~ September Tweet, Twit and Twoo Chat Thread ~*~

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree53Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2012, 02:52 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Welcome to your September chat thread! Anything goes in here, chat about whatever you like, or just bob and check in even if you haven't got much news.

STATS

AUGUST - 438 posts

JULY - 576 posts

JUNE - 418 posts

MAY - 493 posts

APRIL - 387 posts

I doubt we'll be super chatty in here this month with so many newborns , but do feel free to use it as a quick sign-in or "hello I didn't fall off the face of the earth" thread for now as well as for general chat.

Who'll be first in?

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; September 3rd, 2012 at 02:39 AM.
September 2nd, 2012, 10:29 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since this really isn't worth it's own thread I'll put it in here....

I'm really embarrassed. I know I'm overweight (even before pregnancy, still 10lbs away from pre pregnancy weight) but I'm really down about this.... We got our Ergo Options carrier last week and it JUST fits me. I had to make the belt part as big as it would go to fit around my waist. I don't get it. I don't feel like I'm that big. If it can fit a grown man how can it just barely fit me? UGH I can't wait to be released to exercise because I really want to be skinnier. I want to be a hot momma... not a hot mess lol

September 2nd, 2012, 10:43 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Aww, Aubrey...is it maybe sitting in the wrong spot? I hope you get to see some progress soon...my self esteem is taking a kick and I'm sure others feel the same. I can't wait to be released to exercise again...I'm going to get a weight loss ticker to help me...but not till I'm allowed to exercise since I don't want it stuck in the same spot for a bit I have 20lbs baby weight and 20lbs smoking weight to get almost back to my wedding weight of less than 2 years ago....that's my goal. And that's still outside the "recommended" weight for my height. Boo.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 2nd, 2012, 11:47 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
I'm definitely ready to lose weight too. It was sad to say goodbye to the in laws today, but I'm so happy to be able to get on track with eating right, that in itself will be a huge step in the right direction to dropping the last 15ish pounds. I'm hoping it'll be gone before my 6 week checkup and the exercise will just be to get some sort of tone back.

Oh, and Aubrey, it can fit a man and be tight on you because not only are you a woman with hips, youve just given birth so you have birthing hips! Totally nothing to be bummed about!
September 2nd, 2012, 12:32 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubers68 View Post
Since this really isn't worth it's own thread I'll put it in here....

I'm really embarrassed. I know I'm overweight (even before pregnancy, still 10lbs away from pre pregnancy weight) but I'm really down about this.... We got our Ergo Options carrier last week and it JUST fits me. I had to make the belt part as big as it would go to fit around my waist. I don't get it. I don't feel like I'm that big. If it can fit a grown man how can it just barely fit me? UGH I can't wait to be released to exercise because I really want to be skinnier. I want to be a hot momma... not a hot mess lol
::HUGS:: mommah. I've been feeling pretty down about my body lately too, but I have to keep telling myself that I am only 3 weeks PP. None of my normal size clothes fit me, neither do none of my "post-Emmersyn" size clothes. I had to go out and buy some shorts on sale in another size up - And I still have some MAJOR muffin top. On top of that, my Ergo doesn't have much room to go on the waist setting either - Which really was a blow to me considering I never had issues with it before. They do have extenders if you would like more wiggle room - Though I know that doesn't help.

My mom has been here since Wednesday - So I've been a little MIA. We've been so busy and I've been SOOO exhausted by the end of every night. Emmersyn has been INSANE because she's so happy to have her Mammie here. Her whiny voice has gotten more often and I cannot stand it. I hate whining. H.A.T.E. it. From any kid. Mine or others. She's driving me crazy.

On top of her - Adalyn can get super gassy at night and just cry and cry. The nights leading up to my mom getting here, I thought she had cloic. She just cried and cried for 2-3 hours. Of course, it only happened on nights DH was at work. . . So I had no help. The night before my mom got here I just cried with her.

On top of all of that, we're STILL dealing with thrush. More so in her mouth then on me, but I am having to keep putting my cream on to keep it away.

It's been an eventful 3 weeks. I am exhausted and some nights I get down in the dumps thinking the next 18 years will be like this and I'll never get a break/things will never get easier. But most days I know that isn't true.

September 2nd, 2012, 01:28 PM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Ugh, Ava has decided that 8-10pm is her fussy time too. I've always gone to bed early, so its really putting a damper on my moods and calming her is a losing battle, she's sleeping or happily kicking about the rest of the day, no idea why she hates 8pm so much. We're trying moving her bath time to fussy time starting tonight and see if it has some sort of magical calming effect, or maybe it'll just piss her off more. :shrug:
September 2nd, 2012, 01:37 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
*hugs!* to everyone! Sounds like it's been a rough weekend all around

I'm so ready to not be pregnant anymore! But really, that's my only complaint- I'm still feeling pretty good overall.
Carwen*Angel likes this.
September 2nd, 2012, 01:59 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everyone is telling me I've got Noah spoiled as he cries just to be held, he will not sleep on his own or even just happily lay down on his own - he only sleeps when hes on me (or right next to me in bed). When im not changing his nappy or feeding him im holding him - It leaves me exhausted with no time to get anything done around the house. I try not to fuss over him but hes so tiny and i cant just stand by when he goes into convulsions because hes so upset and just wants a cuddle. im completely stuck.

...and baby number 2
September 2nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
Hugs to all. Just remember that the weight and big hips/ribs and the evening fussy time and the wanting to be up with Mama 24/7 (and pregnancy ) won't last forever.

I actually feel quite good...I could fit into my fat pants in the first week where with DS I was in maternity pants for like a month and a half. I have about 30lbs to lose and my hips need to hurry up and go back because I want to go clothes shopping! I'm eager to clean up my diet and do some excersizing but I love food and I'm lazy. I'm looking forward to becoming a PR so we can get the weight loss thread up; that should give me the kick I need to get going. I think it's monsterously unfair that I'm nursing two and have actually put on a pound or two...I mean my diet isn't great at the moment but it's not that bad.
September 2nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
The babies are far too young to be spoiled right now. They still NEED us, even if it's just for comfort to sleep.
Corrupt and aubers68 like this.

September 2nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing much to gripe about here today-- just exhausted. But it was a good day. Saw my G'ma, mom, and aunt, while DH took my boys to the lake with his parents. My G'ma hadn't met Elise yet, and I totally enjoyed watching her swoon over her.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

September 3rd, 2012, 02:47 AM
all who're having a tough time xxx we'll get each other through it girls, somehow xxx

Aubrey, I am SO ready to start on shaping up as well but am not allowed to do any exercise other than general walking about the house, pelvic floors and DVT foot movements until 6 weeks. I also cannot diet right now due to being anaemic and expressing breast milk, ugh. We are going to start a fitness / weight loss subforum when everybody reaches post-partum and hopefully as more and more of us hit 6 weeks and are able to do more we'll be a good support to each other.

Clothes wise I'm still wearing PJs and leggings mostly, because they're comfy around my scars, so I haven't really noticed what I do and don't fit because I haven't worn any fitted clothes - probably for the best. My tummy has gone down significantly, probably due to pumping milk, but it is saggy and a funny untoned shape.

We did talk at one point about everyone who feels comfortable to do so posting a PP tummy picture so we can all compare and perhaps not feel so bad about ourselves. Anyone up for it?

Michaela seems determined to have her wakeful / fussy time in the evening too, usually between about 9pm and 1am when Shaun has her, he has to nurse her and carry her round pretty much that whole time. We think she may be colicky and have bought Infacol to try. We're also trying to train her to have her awake / play time in the afternoon after her lunch-time feed, but bless her, it's hard to keep her awake as in hospital I just let her do whatever she wanted (it was hard enough fitting our little routine around meds and obs without trying to shape it in any way). She is also a baby who will not settle off without snuggles as yet, and at 1 week PP after a traumatic birth I don't see anything wrong with giving them to her, though my mum keeps telling us we're making a rod for our own backs, I don't think so. My son was the same when he first came home but within 6 weeks he was settling himself off. It does get better. Sarah, have you tried baby wearing so Noah can be snuggled on your chest so you'd still have your hands free to do something else?

September 3rd, 2012, 03:47 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i really didnt want to put Noah in a baby carrier as i didnt want his entire body weight being supported by his junk but im swiftly reconsidering that!

...and baby number 2
September 3rd, 2012, 05:49 AM
Well, it needn't be all the time - just when you need your hands free. If he's napping and you're watching TV etc he can still snuggle right on you.

September 3rd, 2012, 12:51 PM
If you get a good carrier, Sarah, his junk won't be supporting his body weight

I've been so busy with my mom here - She's been wearing us out!! DD1 has also been a monster since she got here and it's driving us all batty. Last night before dinner she had a 5 minute time out because she kept screwing around/not sitting right/yelling at me while in timeout. . . Then she got up for dinner, sat in her chair and b*tched about how she doesn't like chicken. Which is a massive load of dog dodo!! She didn't stop, so I put her in her room. Where I had to carry her up the stairs to because of course she wouldn't willingly go. . . She screamed and cried up there for a few minutes before I brought her down to eat. Oy. It was insane and SO not her normal self.

On top of that - It seemed like at any given moment last night, ONE of the two girls were crying. It was stressful. I keep joking with my mom that she's not going to want to come visit again after this trip! Thankfully she knows it's just the age and the fact that Em is going through a lot right now - Making her behave this way. And my brother was a colicky baby, and she doesn't think Adalyn is that bad. So maybe she will come back after all ;-)

September 3rd, 2012, 01:57 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Just avoid getting a bjorn and get a carrier that distributes weight like they are sitting in a seat, not being dangled. It's better for their spines.

I've been eating like a fatty. I've actually gained weight since I had Rowan. Much thanks to little debbie. My FIL has been grocery shopping for us, and while I am thankfu, all he buys is JUNK.
AllyssaM likes this.

September 3rd, 2012, 03:17 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I weighed myself on Friday and am 18 lb over pre-pregnancy and 31 over my best weight. We went for a walk today with him which is only the second walk I have been on since he has been born. My abs work again which is pretty awesome! If I pull them in really tight I look half decent with the new bewbs and all.

Now that Theo is getting enough calories he is a lot easier to take care of. A lot less crying and more happy time. I feel like I am producing more milk but it doesn't cover the extra he gets from formula now though.

I bought some Bumkins diaper covers and they suck so we will bring them back and I ordered some from a seller on Etsy to try.

I hope you and Noah can figure something out soon, Sarah.
September 3rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
I am totes having a beer with my mommah tonight.

Hey, it's the help boost milk supply
therevslady likes this.

September 3rd, 2012, 05:31 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't wait to start working out!! I am only 6 pounds up from pre-pregnancy but my belly is not flat. I have major motivation though because at the end of next month we are going on a family trip where I will be spending a lot of time in a bikini...

My new pump gets here tomorrow, I am so excited!! I ordered a Madela Pump in style. I have an older version that someone else gave me but only one side works.
September 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Yay for a new pump! I had a manual one but went out and got an electric one this weekend. So much better! Still takes 45 minutes to an hour (3 sessions) to get an oz but better than doing it by hand.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search