Smiling

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By MosaicWife
  • 2 Post By therevslady
  • 1 Post By AllyssaM
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By Mom2JDub
  • 1 Post By MosaicWife
  • 1 Post By newmommysarah

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2012, 11:20 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Paxton is already starting to give me some real smiles when I talk to him and get his cheeks. It's so adorable! I can't believe he's old enough to smile. He's also holding his head up like a champ. When I sit him up to burp him I don't have to hold his floppy head anymore, he holds it up himself and looks around the room. Next will be cooing! I can't wait! How are your babies doing ladies? I wanna hear some baby milestones. Sleeping longer, smiling, seeing clearer, latching like a pro, anything.

September 3rd, 2012, 12:13 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I feel like I gave birth to a full grown child, lol. He has held his head up since birth. He has been able to roll from belly to back since birth. He started smiling at about a week old. At around 2 and a half weeks, he started smiling with a little giggle. Yesterday, he belted out the most heart melting baby coo's you could ever imagine during prayers at church, lol. Today I noticed that he was trying to grab my bra strap while he was nursing. He kept looking at it and going for it, but couldn't get a good grip. So cute.

Oh! And he started sleeping 6 hours a night at 2 weeks old. I couldn't ask for more of a blessing after my last baby who only slept 45 mins at a time.
AllyssaM and Hopefulpinkangel like this.

September 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Adalyn has started cooing randomly. Just a little coo here or there. Just this morning my mom & I realized she's totally into the animals that hang from the bar on her bouncy seat. She'll smile a little smile randomly - I think they'll become more frequent soon. She also loves to hold onto my bra when nursing. She isn't a fan of tummy time (heck, she isnt a fan of being put down at all when awake, lol) but she has some good head control... Until she gets tired of holding that thing up
therevslady likes this.

September 3rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Cameron has held his head up since day 1 but its getting progressively stronger. My MIL said he smiled at her yesterday...but I'm pretty sure it was gas...he's getting close though. He has thing thing where he sneezes 3 times, and then does this super cute coo...I need to video tape it! I just melt a little every time he does it. He has also started making noises while nursing or sucking on his soother. He's changed so much already!
AllyssaM likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 3rd, 2012, 03:56 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I am absolutely SHOCKED at the strength of my baby boy. At our four-day PP appointment, the nurse mentioned how strong he is, and the doctor said the same thing at his 2-week appointment. He holds his head up really well and has since early on. He also has a tendency to roll onto his side during the night. He doesn't like lying on his back. Yesterday during tummy time, he surprised the heck out of DH and me. He started on his tummy then rolled onto his side, and then he rolled all the way onto his back. I had no idea that a 3 1/2-week-old could do that. I'm so in love with this little guy. I can't wait until the next milestone.

I wish DH would have gotten video of his rollover, but he did snap a couple of pics. He didn't get one once he was on his back because we were both so excited that I actually jumped up and hugged him and then had to kiss Jackson.

Here's a couple of pics. On the one where he is teetering on his side, my hands are up at my face because I was squealing in delight!

AllyssaM likes this.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
September 3rd, 2012, 07:39 PM
Wow guys! Our babies are amazing! I have noticed that my boy babies had strong neck muscles and really good neck control very early on. Harper not so much. She was a fragile flower. Paxton has had a strong neck from the get go. I was like you guys, I couldn't believe that he was already holding his head up for a few seconds at only a few days old. He can definitely see better now too. If I'm in range he looks right at me and starts making sucky/yummy faces. Today he was in my lap and I had pulled my top down to nurse. He looked over and saw the boob and started getting so excited. Cracked me up!
AllyssaM likes this.

September 3rd, 2012, 09:05 PM
aarafko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ella is holding her head up like a champ too! She hasn't been able to roll completely over yet but it's coming. She has been smiling a lot more with little giggles in between. I've noticed that she follows me with her eyes around the room. If she hears my voice she moves and looks in the direction that I am in. Also when we bring her a bottle she can notice it from a pretty good distance and gets really excited. So cute!

May 2013 February 2014 July 2014
September 3rd, 2012, 09:52 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Harper still has quite weak muscle tone I'm a little bit concerned actually. She's just over 4 weeks old adjusted and her head still kinda flops and when she's having tummy time she mainly lays there. Although there is some improvement thankfully. She is having more awake periods and not acting so newbornish and sleeping through the night a little more, like only waking twice instead of every 2 hrs. She smiles and coos, last night she was smiling at my best friend an let out was sounded like a little giggle.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
September 4th, 2012, 05:54 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Noah smiles at me and when i lean in for a kiss he vomits - hes a tricky little ******* but i fall for it every time
MosaicWife likes this.

...and baby number 2
September 4th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been around plenty of babies. I'm 14 years older than my youngest sibling, but as a FTM I was shocked! Tuckr has been able to hold his head up and have far more control than I thought was possible for a newborn.
He is a week old today and he smiles all the time, and we aren't just talking gassy faces, he will smile at you when you talk to him and he's ticklish so he squirms and smiles and yesterday he had a big grin on his face and he made a strange sound that my mom said was him giggling.
During tummy time he flops himself over onto his side but he hasn't gotten a the way over yet but I feel like it won't be long now! But he does scoot kind of. He pulls his knees up under himself and pushes off and falls on his face. He's remarkably strong! He will even support himself with his little legs when you hold him up for short periods of time.
And i swear my baby pouts. I'm tryIng to get him used to his paci when he is just sucking to suck. But he's not stupid he knows what he wants and if he doesn't get it he pulls up one hand by his face and turns his head frowns and looks at you sideways. It's the cutest **** thing.
This boy has just melted my heart. I am so wrapped around his little fingers

September 4th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieLove View Post
Harper still has quite weak muscle tone I'm a little bit concerned actually. She's just over 4 weeks old adjusted and her head still kinda flops and when she's having tummy time she mainly lays there. Although there is some improvement thankfully. She is having more awake periods and not acting so newbornish and sleeping through the night a little more, like only waking twice instead of every 2 hrs. She smiles and coos, last night she was smiling at my best friend an let out was sounded like a little giggle.
Aww Emma. Should you talk to the doctor or are you going to give her some more time? She had such a rough start but has been such a strong little girl you probably have nothing to worry about but better safe than sorry right?

September 4th, 2012, 08:55 AM
She only had her "4 week check up" last week I think it was last week, and they're happy with her. It's normal from preemies but she may need some help later on. Her next check is in 2.5 weeks.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
September 4th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Well if she winds up needing anything I bet it's only a little physical therapy then she'll be right as rain.

September 4th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Yeah I'm sure

September 4th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Super Mommy
My sons head is alot stronger then i thought it would be at this age, still a little floppy but he does have a strong neck, im sure it wont be long before he thinks hes grown enough to get up and walk away lol

September 4th, 2012, 08:38 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Ethan has been coo'n for a bit now. He's been holding his head on his own for a long time too. He smiles for his big sis and has been grabbing at things with one heck of a force.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 4th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hadley has given us a couple coos in the last two days. She smiles in her sleep, but no real smiles yet. Today I put her down for tummy time and she rolled over, which surprised me.

September 5th, 2012, 09:55 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
No smiles here yet, we are at 5 weeks but I am waiting with little patience! I went to a mom and tot group yesterday for the first time and I was sitting next to a woman with a 8 month old who couldn't stop smiling at me and I was just dying to see Oz smile.

Pinterest
Flickr
September 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Summer smiles so much! She has pretty good head control except during tummy time! She will hold her head up and look at me all the time when she's laying on my chest, but tummy time, she does not like! We've heard a few coo's out of her but not something that happens every day.

September 5th, 2012, 11:11 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Theo is starting to pay attention to mobiles and toys and things and has discovered his thumb.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search