breastpumps

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2012, 12:44 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What kind of breastpump do you have and how are you liking it?

Also... did anyone get their insurance to cover it or part of it?

September 5th, 2012, 12:54 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our insurance doesn't cover pumps unless you physically cannot feed baby from the boob.

I have the Playtex Nurser and hate it! It gave me blisters the first time I used it. Tried a softer suction and then nothing seemed to come out... SOOO I went out and bought a manual. I love my manual pumps but it seems the lose suction half way through? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what. Usually tightening the parts fixes the problem, but I don't understand why it's happening.

I have the Lansinoh Manual and the Medela Harmony Manual. I was having issues with the Lansinoh so that's why I bought the Medela... I'm finding the Medela gives me more problems then the Lansinoh. I can try to explain it... while I'm pumping the part under the handle like puffs out and causes the suction to be lost, and I have to fix it like 3-4 times each boob... It completely dry when put together, the piece inside is up and down like it's supposed to be... I just don't get it. Oh well, it gets the job done and isn't that big of an issue, just annoying.

September 5th, 2012, 02:38 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I got a First Years MiPump. I like it a lot. I think it really helped to get my milk flowing. I got it brand new for $30 from a tip a fellow mom posted on kijiji that that they were on clearance at our local Zehr's. I won't even check if it is covered by insurance since it wasn't a lot of money.
September 5th, 2012, 03:22 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
i haven't pumped yet.. i'm nervous lol. I hate pumping
I have a really old pump in style at home, and use a symphony at work.

September 5th, 2012, 03:27 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Hannah isn't here yet, but I'll be using the same pump that I used with Sophia- a double electric miPump, I love it!
September 5th, 2012, 08:43 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I tried to get it covered but I had to have something physically wrong too. I could have gotten the script rewritten but I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle. I ended up getting a good deal on a medela swing pump off of ebay.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 5th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Medela pump in style backpack. I love it, but I learned the hard way not to use it at full suction. It sucked three cracks in one nipple.

September 6th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Mom to Madeline
Ameda Purely Yours Ultra....yes, it's super easy to use. However, I didn't need the "Ultra" part which is basically freezer compartmen/storage for bottling BM at work while pumping and a nice carry bag.
September 6th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I've got a Tommee Tippee manual breast pump and a Spectra electric breast pump and both suit me fine. I alternate using them as the former gives me an aching wrist and the latter makes my nipples sore if I use it too much. System's different here so a breast pump is not something I can claim assistance with.

September 6th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Ameda Purely Yours. I've been using it quite a bit as I try to build my stash for returning to work and so DH can bottle feed. I really like it, but one side seems to suction better than the other.

September 6th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
I have a Medela Swing but I haven't used it yet this time. I'd like to get some milk stored for nights out but I don't want to start pumping until DS cuts back on nursing again. For the amount of pumping I do, it's plenty.
I didn't check but I doubt our insurance would cover that

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search