Rant--OT

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By maddy and tommy's mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2012, 10:37 AM
kcmommy2be's Avatar Round #2 here we go
So, I finally started back to work 3 weeks ago and life has been HELL ever since. I feel like there is NEVER enough time to get stuff done, DF is in online classes and FAILED the last 3 classes b/c he can't keep up with watching Kira while he's trying to let me get some sleep... I just seriously feel like the world is unraveling and I can't fix it. I am trying to stay positive, trying to keep on a schedule, but all I want to do is run away... far far away *sigh* Hope everyone else is doing better

September 7th, 2012, 10:55 AM
maddy and tommy's mommy's Avatar Lovin my precious kiddos!
It is SO overwhelming!! There is never enough time to get things done. So sorry. I promise it gets easier. I am not working right now and I still can't get anything done because Thomas needs to be held so much right now. The first 3-4 months are the toughest, then I promise you and DF will be able to focus more on other things. It's soooo hard though. Hang in there mama!
JesusisKing and kcmommy2be like this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!
September 9th, 2012, 06:45 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy and tommy's mommy View Post
It is SO overwhelming!! There is never enough time to get things done. So sorry. I promise it gets easier. I am not working right now and I still can't get anything done because Thomas needs to be held so much right now. The first 3-4 months are the toughest, then I promise you and DF will be able to focus more on other things. It's soooo hard though. Hang in there mama!
That is exactly my situation too. I'm not working, but can't get anything done because when Hannah's awake she's fussing more often than not. I don't want to rush through her early months, but I'm really looking forward to when she hits the 4-5 month mark and the fussiness reduces.

Hang in there, Kim. It's unfortunate that your DF failed his courses, but it's really great that he helps you out by letting you sleep. Having to work and take care of Kira while being exhausted would only make you feel worse. *hugs* Is it possible for your DF to take a break from school until Kira's a bit older and little easier to manage?

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in

Last edited by ohfiddleheads; September 9th, 2012 at 06:48 PM.
September 9th, 2012, 08:30 PM
kcmommy2be's Avatar Round #2 here we go
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohfiddleheads View Post
That is exactly my situation too. I'm not working, but can't get anything done because when Hannah's awake she's fussing more often than not. I don't want to rush through her early months, but I'm really looking forward to when she hits the 4-5 month mark and the fussiness reduces.

Hang in there, Kim. It's unfortunate that your DF failed his courses, but it's really great that he helps you out by letting you sleep. Having to work and take care of Kira while being exhausted would only make you feel worse. *hugs* Is it possible for your DF to take a break from school until Kira's a bit older and little easier to manage?
They did ask him when she was first born, but we really weren't figuring on soooo much going on at one time. He really wants to get through school so I can stay home until Kira is in school. I guess the real thing is, he feels bad b/c he feels like he isn't doing enough, and I feel bad b/c I feel like he takes care of her while I'm at work and usually in the evenings, I feel like he needs like 4-5 hours without having to help me a day so he can spend like 3 on school and like 2 to himself to unwind, it just doesn't seem like it works like that... you'd think 5 hrs out of 24 would be doable, ya know *sigh*

On the bright side, now that I am through with training I will only be getting about 10-15 hours a week for the next 2 months or so until we get closer to Christmas. I'm totally FINE with that. AND my cat ran away from home yesterday b/c he made me really upset & I lost my patience and chased him around the house, he ate the plastic lid to a JUST OPENED can of powder formula AND peed all over quite a bit of Kira's clothes. I chased him around the house and he ended up getting outside next time the door was opened. That was yesterday (Saturday) morning and he hasn't been back since. I feel bad, however I'm kinda relieved as well since he was really more to take care of... constantly chewing up baby stuff and getting in the garbage and stuff. I have a whole 5 days off to get stuff back in order AND my mom is coming up for 3 days, so she'll be able to help me get stuff in order too hopefully

September 10th, 2012, 11:43 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmommy2be View Post
They did ask him when she was first born, but we really weren't figuring on soooo much going on at one time. He really wants to get through school so I can stay home until Kira is in school. I guess the real thing is, he feels bad b/c he feels like he isn't doing enough, and I feel bad b/c I feel like he takes care of her while I'm at work and usually in the evenings, I feel like he needs like 4-5 hours without having to help me a day so he can spend like 3 on school and like 2 to himself to unwind, it just doesn't seem like it works like that... you'd think 5 hrs out of 24 would be doable, ya know *sigh*

On the bright side, now that I am through with training I will only be getting about 10-15 hours a week for the next 2 months or so until we get closer to Christmas. I'm totally FINE with that. AND my cat ran away from home yesterday b/c he made me really upset & I lost my patience and chased him around the house, he ate the plastic lid to a JUST OPENED can of powder formula AND peed all over quite a bit of Kira's clothes. I chased him around the house and he ended up getting outside next time the door was opened. That was yesterday (Saturday) morning and he hasn't been back since. I feel bad, however I'm kinda relieved as well since he was really more to take care of... constantly chewing up baby stuff and getting in the garbage and stuff. I have a whole 5 days off to get stuff back in order AND my mom is coming up for 3 days, so she'll be able to help me get stuff in order too hopefully
What a coincidence! My cat ran away the other day too. I'm really torn up about it though. It was accident. She wasn't meant to get out and I hadn't done anything to piss her off. The window was simply open and she jumped out. I've heard that cats will often take off and come back anywhere from a few days to a few weeks later, but we JUST moved here. I'm so worried she won't be able to find her way back.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search