What's your baby carrier of choice?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2012, 07:44 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
During the newborn stage last time i liked either the moby or a mei tai. This time though, i'm really loving my beco!!! The newborn insert is great.

September 7th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love my Beco!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
September 7th, 2012, 09:15 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have the moby and ergo... haven't really used them yet, but I think I will like the Ergo more because the few times I tried the Moby I just could not get it... I feel so dumb LOL but I just can't get it right!

September 7th, 2012, 09:27 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I usually prefer the moby at this age. But I find that lately I am grabbing a plain old pocket sling more often. It's the only carrier I can nurse hands free in, it's MUCH cooler than the rest, and so easy to pop on and off. I wore it yesterday at the farmer's market and three different people came up to me to talk to me about the baby and had no idea he was nursing while they were ooo-ing and ahhh-ing over his cute little fingers and cute baby head, lol.
Hopefulpinkangel likes this.

September 7th, 2012, 09:57 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I have a sleepy wrap and a babasling. I really want a Mel tai!

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
September 7th, 2012, 11:31 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Love my Gira wrap! I've mastered two carries and both versions of each and am working on the Kangaroo carry. I might have it converted to a Mei tai if I can when he's older or maybe not. I've also been picked to test out a new line of 50% wool stretchy wraps from Elleville which will be perfect for pre-tying and popping him in and out of it when we go places.

September 7th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Loving my Slinglings pocket sling! Although I can't wait to use my Ergo (I don't have a infant insert). I have a mei tai, but haven't used it yet.

Jan 2010 August 2011

September 7th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
I love my beco gemini, but the only thing I can compare it to are a Bjorn I had years ago which hurt my back and a maya sling that never felt secure.

September 7th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel View Post
Loving my Slinglings pocket sling! Although I can't wait to use my Ergo (I don't have a infant insert). I have a mei tai, but haven't used it yet.
Is your sling padded or unpadded?

September 7th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubers68 View Post
Is your sling padded or unpadded?
Mine is unpadded. The one I used with DS was unpadded as well. Did you end up getting one?

Jan 2010 August 2011

September 7th, 2012, 01:36 PM
They're on Zulily very affordable so I was thinking about it.... does it feel secure? Slings just don't look safe to me...

September 7th, 2012, 04:05 PM
It's very secure. I have her in it the entire time I'm in the grocery store or anywhere really and can go completely hands free. You just have to make sure you get the right size so that it fits well enough to be secure. Her site also has pics of the different holds you can do too.
therevslady likes this.

Jan 2010 August 2011

September 7th, 2012, 04:39 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
The right size is key to a good fit. I think this type of sling is just as secure as any other carrier.

September 7th, 2012, 05:59 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've worn him in the moby, beco butterfly and ergo sport and all three are fine. I love my SSCs for ease of use but the moby is definitely snugglier. With my daughter I prefered the moby for the first few months but Emmett is so big he fits fine in my SSCs so I don't really have a preference, I just wear him in whatever is nearest when I go to put him on. This thread actually remidned me that I have a pocket sling that I hated with DD but am gonna dig out and try again.

September 7th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I'm not trying to take over this thread... but I have another question... I'm in between sizes... I messaged them on facebook because their site is down... and she said for weight/height I am a 25 but with bust I am a 24... I have NO idea what to do. The lady actually wasn't very helpful in helping me decide... would the 25 shrink if it was too big? I hate I can't try it on first

September 7th, 2012, 07:00 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
During this time with DD1, I loved my Moby. This time, though, I couldn't master it. I am loving my Ergo already though!

September 7th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my first time having a Moby and I really love it. I am finding though, that he tolerates it better if i hold him and then put the moby around him instead of doing the wrap first before putting him in. Its hard to put on that way, but he is bothered less that way. Eventually I think I will prefer our ergo though. I also have a new native carrier and a bjorn. But haven't used them except once each.

September 8th, 2012, 05:14 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Quote:
I'm not trying to take over this thread... but I have another question... I'm in between sizes... I messaged them on facebook because their site is down... and she said for weight/height I am a 25 but with bust I am a 24... I have NO idea what to do. The lady actually wasn't very helpful in helping me decide... would the 25 shrink if it was too big? I hate I can't try it on first
I suggest a ring sling. They're adjustable and wonderful. Just stay away from the Maya brand, the material is just so heavy.

September 8th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:

Aubrey I have a solution I'll PM you again!

Jan 2010 August 2011

September 8th, 2012, 06:41 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
So far I only have the ergo with insert to compare to what I had years ago, I think it was a snugli or something like it. I prefer the ergo so much more. Soon I'll have the k'tan and I'll let you know which of those two I prefer more.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search