I know it's early but

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By TuckrLeesMommy
  • 1 Post By HippieLove
  • 1 Post By Sherry777
  • 1 Post By Corrupt
  • 1 Post By K.A.T
  • 1 Post By TKbunny
  • 1 Post By Mom2JDub
  • 1 Post By Pinkhighheels27
  • 1 Post By lmunoz8517
  • 1 Post By magz88
  • 1 Post By megg0
  • 1 Post By tryingfornumber1

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
since I'm a total Christmas freak I'm going to ask anyway.

Are you planning to get your owlet anything for Christmas this year, or not because of how young they'll be?

If yes any ideas what yet?

Will you be buying a special "Baby's first Christmas" outfit or any special stockings, ornaments etc to commemorate their first festive season?

September 8th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Definitely an ornament! And probably some Christmas related clothes We plan to have everyone over to our place instead of hitting 4 different houses...DH's family is complicated and if you want to see him, come see us, and if you can't stand someone, not our issue, get over it! Normally we hit like 4 different gatherings and are shuffled all over the place, and that's not going to happen anymore, its too hard with him.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 8th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes I will be gettin him something just no idea what yet! clothes and an ornament for sure!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

September 8th, 2012, 04:30 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Oh of course! I love Christmas. She will get a Santa sack like the other kids as a present from us. No doubt a cute outfit. Haven't the slightest clue why I will get her yet, maybe a Jumperoo, some baby development toys since I have none anymore and clothes.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
September 8th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Yes. I'm sure George will buy the rest of Gymboree's stock. ❤
Carwen*Angel likes this.

September 8th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
No worries Sharron, I'm already preparing to start christmas shopping and thinking about my baking list

An ornament and they'll both get an outfit for christmas day. We don't really need toys but we'll figure out some kind of gift for her. Maybe I'll get her quilt made for christmas; there's one thing
Carwen*Angel likes this.
September 8th, 2012, 04:53 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
We always do an ornament and an outfit at least. As for gifts, probably something toy related that he can enjoy.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 8th, 2012, 05:52 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Pesshhh.. By Christmas I don't think there'll be a toy Elias doesn't already own Case in point: Today, because 1 play gym just wasn't enough, I had to go out and buy the FP Discover N' Grow Kick Piano play gym I noticed when we changed his diapers, he was always kicking up a storm and he loves to kick when he's happy, not to mention the fact that he kicked the crap out of my ribs when I was PG, so i figured we needed something fun for him to kick and put that leg power to good use! He loves it!

So more to the topic, yeah, if we see stuff we think he just has to have, we'll buy it. I know all the Grandparents will go nuts this year. So he'll be rolling in the toys by January lol. And around Christmas will be the age he'll really start to be playing with toys a lot, right? So it'll be fun for us too because we'll get to watch him have fun and play with him.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

September 8th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Definitely an ornament, an outfit, and a stockin. And I have to admit, I've already bought two Christmas presents when Toys 'R' Us was having a good sale on Fisher Price items. He'll still be a little too young for the toys I bought, which are appropriate for 6-month-olds. But I think it will be so fun to have a bit of a Christmas for him.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

September 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Mom to Madeline
We love Christmas, so she will definitely have an ornament, outfits, presents, etc.

We actually already ordered her custom stocking and hanger last week!
Carwen*Angel likes this.
September 8th, 2012, 06:50 PM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
a jumperoo as a big gift and some smaller stuff, only so the bigger kids dont think Santa left her out. Camerons bday is dec 14th, the year he was born i scavenged the house Christmas eve for stuff we hadnt opened to wrap cause before bed my oldest two asked what santa got babies
Carwen*Angel likes this.
September 8th, 2012, 07:08 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I'll probably buy him his stocking.
Carwen*Angel likes this.
September 8th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I will most definitely buy a baby's first ornament. And she'll get gifts because the other kids would wonder why Santa didn't bring anything for her.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

September 8th, 2012, 09:40 PM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh of course! We have already bought a bunch of toys at Toys R Us this weekend.
Carwen*Angel likes this.
September 9th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Michaela will also have toys for the reason that if she doesn't Daniel will question whether Santa is real.

When Daniel was this age I too bought him 6-month-old toys for Christmas as he would "grow into" them. He got an Amazing Animals train and then some extra amazing animals, plus a few smaller books/rattles etc and some practical things like sippy cups and pacis. He had an ornament with his name on it which his daddy still hangs on the tree (we're no longer together) and a Baby's First Christmas sleepsuit which he wore on the day. I'll probably do similar things for Michaela. Not yet sure what toy(s) I will get her, but probably things for 6-month-olds again.

September 9th, 2012, 04:25 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
I know we'll get her a stocking and a Christmas day outfit for sure. I want to get her an ornament too, but DH needs to tell his family that. We have four Our First Christmas ornaments from getting married, I only want one of those type ornaments on my tree...

As for presents, mil already told me she wants to buy Ava's convertible carseat as her big present since shes too little for any real big present this year. I think she also feels bad cause she pressured me into getting an infant seat and, as I suspected, I hate it. Theyre too heavy and a general PITA. I'm sure she'll get a hundred other things too since my mil is a shopaholic! From us...whatever I stumble across that she just HAS to have!

My Ovulation Chart
September 9th, 2012, 07:21 AM
babygreenes.mommy
eric and i were actually just talking last night about christmas. we're definately getting athena some stuff. i want to get her an outfit to wear and take her to get her picture with santa and then buy a couple toys or things for her...i'm actually planning to get her one of those singamajigs that i swore up and down last year that i would never get because i thought they were just so creepy and wrong. lol. well, apparently i got over it because the idea crossed my mind. hahaha
September 9th, 2012, 07:24 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
He already has a cute outfit that I got hand me down. It says Jolly Baby or something on it and my best friend's name is Jolly so I thought it was cute. We'll probably get him a few toys too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search