So...question about periods after baby and ovulation

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mountain~Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2012, 11:08 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
So the night the OB gave us the green light, DH jumped me. That was last week. And then we got busy with things and tonight was the next time we had some fun after the baby went to bed. But while I was cleaning up before hand, I noticed I was having a little bloody mucus. I'm not having any menstrual cramps or anything close to symptoms I always have with my period. Is this really a period? Could I be ovulating again already? We used a condom the first time we had sex, but tonight we didn't because I figured it was the start of my period. But now I've been reading up on it and I've seen some people say you can ovulate even if you don't bleed yet after a baby. And some said that even if you bleed a little bit doesn't mean it's a period and that you can still get PG if you have sex during this time. Is that true? Was it a mistake to not use protection? Not that I have a high chance of getting PG from one time, I guess. I only have one tube so I'd have to ovulate from that correct side on top of everything else, so I'm not too worried. Just wondering what you ladies thought or if any of you yourselves or someone you know ever got PG during a light period right after having a baby.

September 9th, 2012, 01:24 AM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
It could just be from irritation, not having to do with your period starting/ovulation.

September 9th, 2012, 05:56 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Sounds like it's just from irritation of the cervix. You *could* ovulate this early, but it's VERY rare. If you are nursing full time and on demand, this usually helps suppress ovulation, but not always. If you would like to depend on breastfeeding to help suppress ovulation, I would recommend reading up about the lactational ammenorhhea method.

LLLI | The lactational amenorrhea method
http://kellymom.com/bf/normal/fertility/
http://www.kellymom.com/store/handouts/newborn/LAM.pdf

September 9th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
And you can follow all the rules for LAM ans still get pg! Just ask my middle daughter.
therevslady likes this.
September 9th, 2012, 06:54 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain~Mama View Post
And you can follow all the rules for LAM ans still get pg! Just ask my middle daughter.
Haha. Same thing for hormonal bc. Ask TWO of my babies! Followed directions PERFECTLY. Still got pg. Lol.

September 9th, 2012, 07:32 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I know several women who have gotten pregnant right after having a baby. It can happen and if you don't want it to then you better use something.

September 9th, 2012, 07:52 AM
babygreenes.mommy
I don't know how periods work after having a baby since Athena is my first but you can most definately get pregnant during your period. I had my period when I conceived Athena...sorry, TMI, but just saying. I'd be extra careful...I've heard the same things about ovulating before bleeding, etc. I don't doubt it though.

I do know that a friend of the family got pregnant right after having a baby...their 2 younger sons are only 10 or 11 months apart because she got pregnant again right after having the one.

Last edited by babygreenes.mommy; September 9th, 2012 at 07:54 AM.
September 9th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SIL was formula-feeding and had three babies in three years. Barely made it past her 6 week checkup each time. :O

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

September 9th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Super Mommy
While I was bf #2, I did not have a period for months & when I did it was not regular. The next time I thought I was getting my period (I had some bleeding like I normally might at the start) so I told dh that if he was interested, we better get busy or that would be it for a week. Turns out, it was apparently ovulation bleeding & I ended up pg. DD #2 was 10 months old at the time & I was still bf her 2-3 at night, plus I have pcos & very seldom ovulate so I figured I was safe.

September 9th, 2012, 06:08 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm kind of nervous about that too. I started the mini pill on Friday but it won't be fully effective for a month. We just got the all clear to DTD but I definitely don't want to get PG again. Also, I think I might be about to start my period. It's been 6 weeks but does it usually come back that soon?

September 10th, 2012, 02:11 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Hmm...well I got pregnant (sorry, had to edit ha) on my first ovulation, before having a period. I nursed my first until she was over two, but I ovulated after she went without a feeding all day. I was able to ovulate just from her being weaned during the day time. I haven't had a period since June 2009, since I've either been pregnant or breastfeeding, and managed to catch the first egg after my daughter started to wean.

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search