How much sleep?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
How much sleep are you averaging per night?

Are you managing to cat-nap during the day?

Are things improving?

September 11th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
How much sleep are you averaging per night? About 5 hours total

Are you managing to cat-nap during the day? Sometimes

Are things improving? Slowly

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 11th, 2012, 08:11 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
About the same as Jessica. Last night was a win - I think I got 7 (broken into 3 chunks).
September 11th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Mom to Madeline
Around 2 hours per night no naps just yet.
September 11th, 2012, 08:36 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're getting there... I'm averaging 6 hours now that Emily only needs 1 nightly feeding between the time I go to bed and get up in the morning. Unfortunately I work from 8-5 so no naps for me

September 11th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm getting 7-8 hours depending what time I go to bed and what time DD wakes up. Caleb usually is up once, sometimes twice in that time, but we cosleep so I just put a boob in his mouth and go back to sleep.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
September 11th, 2012, 10:54 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I get about 7 hours. I wake up to feed, but don't stay awake long. Long enough to latch. Then if I happen to wake up and he's done, I'll put him back in bed (he has a crib right next to my bed). I really don't feel like I'm loosing sleep at all. He's been a great sleeper since birth.

I don't really feel the need for naps. If I were to try and take one, it would be restless sleep because I would worry about what the other kids were doing. I don't trust them to stay in their naps during the day.

September 11th, 2012, 10:57 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How much sleep are you averaging per night?
i can usually still get my 8 hours in, just not all at once

Are you managing to cat-nap during the day?
no, well i do drift off now and then but i generally dont need a nap in the day anymore

Are things improving?
yes- last week was very hard but there has been a vat improvement this week - he only woke twice last night and let u sleep in until 9am it was lovely

...and baby number 2
September 11th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
I get about 6-7 hours, I think. Chopped up in 2-3 chunks.

I don't usually nap during the day. Used to, but not since DH has gone back to work.

September 11th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Um about 6 hours max I think at night. Tuckr is sleeping thru the night for the most part, I on the other hand still wake up for no reason.
Naps- I don't get a chance to most days as much as I would llove one! But I have to get all the laundry and house cleaning done while the other kids are at school and then when they get home it's homework and chores for them and dinner then showers and bed and by that time I have to keep Tuckr up or he wont sleep at night.
Is it improving? I'd say we are getting better at this. We are developing our own routine.

September 11th, 2012, 12:36 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
I am no more tired then I was when I was pregnant In fact - Some days I feel better. I am generally getting more sleep at night. I fall asleep between 11p-12a and sleep until 7-8a. Adalyn usually wakes up 2-3x in those 8 hours, but we side nurse so I just roll over, boob her and go back to sleep. Rarely am I really UP at night.

I nap as long as both girls nap during the day.

September 11th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I go to sleep around midnight (because I have insomnia, Evan goes to sleep between 9 and 10). I wake up around 630 to get my kids ready for school, then go back to sleep at 8 until anywhere between 10 and 12. Then the cycle continues.

Evan sleeps wonderfully, it's me with the sleep problems.

Scarlett Diane

September 11th, 2012, 02:17 PM
babygreenes.mommy
i get a full night sleep. i tend to go to bed early anyway, compared to eric. lol. i'm usually out around 10pm and then i don't have to go into work until 9am. eric's really wonderful about getting up with athena too so i can still get my sleep. really i'm not losing sleep. last night i woke up on my own and then athena was ready to eat shortly after, so i was already up and i felt fine. i'm hoping that's my body getting in a habit of being up when she's up.
September 11th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I get about 5-7 broken hours. Pippa will sleep a long stretch anywhere from 4 hours to 7 hours. However, I set the alarm & get up to pump every two hours regardless. It's how I maintain my milk supply even though she is sleeping longer stretches.

September 11th, 2012, 10:09 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Depends. Normally about 3 hours maybe 4 if I'm lucky. Elias might sleep 4-6 hours but then DH and I stay up an hour or so to have some time alone. I'd love to nap during the day but since Elias won't sleep in his swaddle during the day or on his back, I put him on my chest or on the floor on his tummy for his naps and I won't sleep while he's on me or on his tummy. The doctor said it's fine that he sleeps better on his tummy as long as I watch him close. I'm hoping once he's out of his startle phase he'll sleep on his back fine.

It is getting better...then it gets worse so it's back and forth. I'll be glad once this part is over. I want to sleep more lol.

September 12th, 2012, 09:04 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm probably getting 6-7 hours/night. She's in her bassinet until she wakes up the first time, then she's usually in bed with us so it's pretty easy.
September 12th, 2012, 09:08 AM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hubby takes the night shift when he doesn't work during the day and my aunt is still staying with us, so I am averaging about 9 hours straight usually. Sometimes I wake up to help, but since I need to work during the day too (yes it's at home, but still work..) my aunt generally lets me sleep and I take care of Mikayla throughout the day when she isn't napping. Juggling work, her and sleep has proven to be pretty complicated...lol
September 12th, 2012, 09:49 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I think about 5-6 hours of broken sleep. I only catch naps on occasion. If E isn't having a super fussy day I can nap with him after dropping Kev off at school.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 13th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I have 6-9 hours of broken sleep. DP stays up with her for her last evening feed at around 10pm-11pm, and I go to bed between 8pm-9pm. I get up for her night feed (3-4am) and then get up again with her at breakfast (6-7am). When I do the night feed I also express, or if I wake up before she does I express then so she can have some fresh unrefrigerated milk. I'm a light sleeper so I tend to wake up for a while when Shaun comes up to bed with Michaela, but I wouldn't want not to, as that's when we have snuggle time. So the worst days are when I've only had 6ish hours of broken sleep. It is slowly getting better but it is a little "one step forward and two steps back" right now. Looking at you ladies' responses though it seems I'm far better off than some!!

September 13th, 2012, 05:48 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
I actually don't know how much sleep I get. Sometimes I feel like I'm half awake, half asleep and 2 hours will pass but it seems like only 15 minutes? Juliette woke up around 3 and dh came in around 6 but I don't remember falling back to sleep...but it seemed like just a few minutes passed. I think I'm just delusional from sleep-deprivation ha. I do take naps when my toddler naps, that helps me get thru the day .

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search