For those that are pumping

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2012, 07:43 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How much are you pumping at a time and do you get more from one side than the other? My left boob is like a waterfall and I can get 2-3 oz in less than 10 minutes but my right boob tends to be "lazy" and I'm lucky if I can get even 1 oz. Anyone else have this problem? I'm back at work now so I'm trying to get a good supply going.

September 11th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I've been exclusively pumping for a little over a week, and I am able to pump more now. I started put just pumping 2 oz and now might pump up to 6 oz. My right boob always produces more than my left boob. And they drain pretty fast.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
September 11th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This happened with me to DS - my left generated hardly anything. Eventually I just stopped pumping it because I got sick of washing the parts for less than 1 oz, and my DS could never get milk on that side either. Hopefully someone else will have a better tip for you!
September 11th, 2012, 08:30 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
I've been exclusively pumping for a little over a week, and I am able to pump more now. I started put just pumping 2 oz and now might pump up to 6 oz. My right boob always produces more than my left boob. And they drain pretty fast.
Wow DDB!!! 6 oz. is impressive! And I thought I was doing good with my 4 oz. According to kellymom, the average pumping session for both boobs combined is .5 to 2 oz. You should have no problem keeping Jackson fed when you go back to work

September 11th, 2012, 10:08 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm lucky if I get more then 2 oz total. I wish it was more at a time but pumping only once a day I guess it's not going to go up??

September 11th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I pump often, sometimes every hour. The amount varies from 2-3 ounces. I get more if I go longer than an hour. I also pump right after a feeding.

Pippa does not use bottles or a binky- she solely drinks from the boob. I am just building my stash for when I return to work. I freak out when I think about having to only pump when I am away all day. I know that the baby drains a breast way more efficiently than a pump.

September 12th, 2012, 05:07 AM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My left boob is the lazy one! It was the same with Cameron. I get 2-3 oz from the right and .5-1.5 from left (If I get 2 from the right its closer to .5 from left; if I get 3 from right its between 1 and 1.5 from left). Carlie doesn't act more hungry after she eats from either one (and neither did Cameron). I guess that side just doesn't respond well to the pump??
September 12th, 2012, 06:55 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I pump about 4-6 oz each time. I not to pump more than 4, but sometimes I am not paying attention. I struggle with "oversupply" and I don't want to inspire my boobies to make more or else it will give baby a belly ache.

September 12th, 2012, 10:53 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I get about a total of 4 oz if lucky from both combined with me pumping about 20 mins each side. I'm not happy with my pumping output at all. I have to start pumping again, and more often. I need to build a stash for our trip to Florida in Nov and we're driving. SO umm yeah need to work on that or begin to supplement by then.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 13th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I get 120-180ml in the night, first thing in the morning, and on the second express of the day. Once I'm into a 3-hourly rhythm in the day though, it goes down to 90-120ml. I tend to get a third of the total from the left boob and two thirds if not more from the right boob - which incidentally is my more inverted nipple that Michaela can't get anything at all off nursing, even with a nipple shield. I do wonder whether it's because my right boob is my slightly bigger one or is that not related?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search