Looking at two options

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By therevslady
  • 1 Post By Mountain~Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2012, 11:06 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I had my 6 week, technically 7 week, pp check up this Monday. OB said my body has bounced back lovely. My uterus has returned to normal, I healed up nicely down below and my breast are nice and soft. I'm thrilled for that but not so thrilled with the rest. I talked to her about taking meds for ppd and she's against it also.

We also talked birth control. She suggested the IUD until I'm ready for the hysterectomy. I'm so happy she's on board with performing it, but I'm not happy with my options. If I want to do it sooner over later she suggests I should be done breast feeding. I really wanted to do it before hopefully getting back to work in the new year, so that would mean mid November. I don't really want to stop ebf that soon. So I'm thinking about pushing off the hysterectomy until the summer of next year and getting an IUD in place until then. DH isn't too keen on the IUD, oh and the doc is suggesting the minera so I have to research that one. But then again DH isn't keen on anything really but doesn't want to end up with another child.

I hate the idea of stopping bf'n already but I also hate the idea of dealing with my endometriosis. My two options boil down to hyster in two months with using condoms until then, or hyster later on and getting the IUD in place till I'm ready. Either way I will be facing surgery eventually, be it for the hyster or a lap to remove scar tissue. I'm not sure what to do. I'm sorta leaning towards the hyster later on right now. WWYD?

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 12th, 2012, 11:12 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I'd probably get it later on. The Mirena has low dose hormones which should temporarily help with the endometriosis (in theory). My opinion is that if that helps you, then it would benefit the whole family because you could nurse as long as you and the baby need and you will never regret stopping before you felt ready.

I've never personally known anyone to get pregnant on the Mirena. Even I didn't get pregnant on it. And I've gotten pregnant on two other bc's.

September 12th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Personally I would wait it out too. Breastfeeding trumps just about everything else for me. I don't know how bad the endo is to deal with though.

I hope you can find a solution that works for you.

Niamh ૐ likes this.
September 12th, 2012, 02:41 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I think the hysterectomy later on sounds like a good idea.
September 12th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not know what it is like having endo I really cant say just want to send hugs!
September 12th, 2012, 07:35 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I would put it off as long as possible. 2 of my girlfriends just got hysterectomies. One is doing ok, but she says the hormonal component is awful. She still made the right choice, as she was needing blood transfusions every month. The other wishes she never did it. She ended up with a hernia and surgical adhesions that she says hurt more than her endo did. I hate to stir up horror stories, I just want you to be informed.

September 13th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I would probably go for the hysterectomy later. I had an IUD between Daniel and Michaela and liked it just fine, it regulated my periods but it did make them heavier, not sure how that would impact your endo but thought I'd mention it. But I had a copper coil rather than a Mirena because I didn't want any hormonal influence.

September 13th, 2012, 12:18 PM
babygreenes.mommy
aww, i'm sorry that your dr only gave you those options. i don't know anything about mirena...when i have mine put in in another 2 weeks, they're putting in paraguard. i love that it lasts up to 10 years. i'm only looking to wait about 5 years before having another baby but if i want to wait longer then i'm glad i don't have to worry about it right away.
September 13th, 2012, 06:22 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the hormonal side effect of either the hyster or the IUD. But at the same time I'm so done with periods. I'd rather deal with early menopause. Also, if you only get a partial and keep your ovaries, you're not automatically thrown into early menopause. I'm probably going to go the IUD route.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search