a mommy on a mission

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2012, 03:19 PM
babygreenes.mommy
warning: this is sort of a rant and sort of me just feeling good...

ok...here goes...

i just got in from taking my walk...my walk that i haven't gone on in a while because i missed a day and then got discouraged. anyway...i just got in from one and i feel great!! however...and here's the part where i kind of go into a small rant...it's discouraging when my husband, who KNOWS how bad i feel about my body (and i know i just had a baby...i don't need to hear that for the billionth time), said to me right before i left, "so you aren't going to wait for your mom to get home so i can actually go with you!?!" why can't he just be supportive of me?? if i wait every d*** time he wants me to then i'm NEVER going to lose the weight because that's half the reason i haven't been going on my walks. because when i was trying to get myself out the door, he says "well, wait until..." whatever reason. i have about 40 lbs to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight, my husband apparently doesn't want to be helpful, one of my friends has said to me, "you'll never be that size again" which i know isn't true, but still, it isn't helping matters, and quite honestly i'm kind of scared of the weight i am right now because of the fact that i used to be this weight before and i struggled for YEARS to get it off. it's hard just staying on track with exercise. so i'm trying my best to stay on track with the thought in mind that it WILL come off and it's going to take time but if i keep going then i'll be happy in the end.

does anyone have any suggestions for me as to how i can stay on track?? i can't afford a gym membership, because eric lost his job. that's another topic though that i'm just not even going to go into. and 9 times out of 10 nobody is willing to go with me. my mom sometimes does, but i can't rely on her to help keep me on track because she's struggling too and even when i try to encourage her to go it doesn't happen a lot of the time.

also, if anyone can tell me if me working helps at all?? i don't know if it does or not. i'm a cashier at a restaurant and i'm constantly moving, so i would think it would help at least some, but can anyone tell me if that's true or not?
September 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Sorry to hear things aren't the greatest right now. Can you sit down with him and determine a certain time of day that is yours alone to do your thing? I know its hard with an infant but perhaps he can work with you? GL!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 13th, 2012, 09:22 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
You know that you can do it because you have in the past. That's one really good thing.

Body weight exercises are great and can be done anywhere outside and even in the house when the weather is bad.

This week I was able to take Theo on a 5 k walk and I scouted out places on the walk where I can do BW exercises.

Examples:

Railing to do inverted rows and over/unders.

70 feet of non goose-poo covered grass to do animal walks:

Bear crawls
Gator walks
Crab walks
Frog jumps

Really big steps to do step ups.

Railing to hook my leg on to do one-leg dead lifts, bench to hold on to practice pistol squats.

And you can lots of things in a 4 x 6 space (or so).

Burpees, push ups, planks, mountain climbers, skipping rope, high knees, jump squats, bridge push ups, etc.

Plus you can use swings to do bicep curls, monkey bars are good shoulder/back exercise.

And on, and on, and on... Youtube has a lot of great BW videos.
September 13th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Regular
We all get discouraged and fall behind at some point so don't feel bad when it happens. Its great you are determined to get back into shape start walking again.

Unfortunately i think men are just completely clueless as to how we feel after our bodies have just grown an infant for 9months and have to watch it deflate to a soft squishy mess after the pregnancy is over. So they say and or do really stupid and insensitive things. My current favorite is: "You look great....for someone that just had a baby."

Don't let anyone else's negativity or stupid remarks deter you from your goal. I know you said you don't have anyone who can walk with you on a daily basis but what about an accountability partner? Someone who will ask you every day if you've gone on your walk. Or if you've got a far away friend who wants to exercise daily too, perhaps you can make it into a friendly competition to see who walks the most days every month or something of the sort? I found in the past having someone ask regularly if i was exercising made me more apt to go on my daily runs.
Good luck!
September 15th, 2012, 04:38 AM
berryblue031's Avatar Mathias' Super Mommy!
I am in a similar situation - I have been heavy most my life but 5 years ago I lost 50lbs and kept it off, but after baby #1 20lbs stayed put, and now after baby #2 another 20lbs has securely glued itself to my butt and it is hard to find time to exercise - in fact the only time I get is when I am out walking with the baby in her stroller.

Working and moving around especially as a waitress definitely does count, I have a desk job and wish I was required to move around more! Your body doesn't care if its walking inside or outside and you would be surprised what kind of millage you are putting in just working, try wearing a pedometer some day and see how many steps you are actually taking

As for the hubby thing - I would start telling him that you would rather go alone and have some private time to clear your head (as moms we rarely get time for ourselves) - there are a tonne of podcasts out there where other people are journaling their weight loss / fitness attempts and efforts which I always find really motivating, just hearing someone else in the same situation as me talk about their struggles. Personally I listen to one called kelownagurl, shes from an area I used to live in and she started out a middleaged overweight school teacher who is now running triathlons - it's very motivating for me. I am actually a couple years behind in her podcasts lol but I started from the beginning because that's where I am. Another trick I use is putting on my handsfree and calling a girlfriend the time just flies if I am chatting it up on the phone

For staying on track have you tried logging? I use caloriecount.com to log activities and what I am eating, writing it down and reviewing every night really helps me plan for the next day and get my butt in gear.

Mathias: Born Nov 10 2009 weighing in at: 9lbs 2oz & 22inches (4150g 54cm)

Anna Elizabeth: Born Aug 24 2012 weighing in at: 8lbs 6oz & 20.5inches (3795g 52cm)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search