The painful side of being a Mum!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By georgiabrit
  • 2 Post By TuckrLeesMommy
  • 1 Post By magz88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2012, 08:21 AM
georgiabrit's Avatar Super Mommy
You know when you're getting baby ready to nurse, and you tuck their lower arm kinda behind you and youre trying to get the latch and they're fussing, and then somehow they pinch the soft skin on the back of your arm, REALLY hard!!!!! THAT!

And also, you know when they're getting to be not-so-newborn and they're curious, and something catches their attention while feeding so they decide to turn their head WITHOUT letting go of your nipple first sothey kinda pop off with a loud and painful suck? THAT TOO!!!

And finally, again with the fussing, and they grip your hair in their tiny fist SO tight you simply cannot prise their fingers open, and anyattempt to do so results in them screaming bloody murder? And it's never a thick handful of hair its always a few of the hairs from the side of your face where its super sensitive and painful? THAT!!!

Motherhood hurts sometimes!
AllyssaM likes this.

September 14th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
AHHH I know this! Tuckr has nails no matter how much I file them down he still scratches me! And he nurses with his hands by his face so he often scratches my boob! And yea he gums my nipple and he's done the head turn a few times and bit my nipple! OW! He's not to bad about hair pulling but the pinching scratching and nipple owies I totally relate too!!!!
So painful...yet so worth it!
aubers68 and newmommysarah like this.

September 14th, 2012, 08:46 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
He caught the non nursing boob between his legs and kicked the other day. Owww!
newmommysarah likes this.
September 14th, 2012, 09:31 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't had any nursing incidents yet but Emily loves to grab on to my hair and she has a helluva grip!

September 14th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Sharp nails no matter what I do!!! The nurses recommended at the hospital NOT to put on mittens, since they're learning and exploring while feeding...

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Carlie likes to grab my nipple when I am trying to latch her. She also likes to grab and pull dh's mustache!!
September 14th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Pippa clutches my breasts when she nurses, and her nails scratch me. She also tries to watch the TV and will twist around with my nipple still in her mouth.

September 16th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
ever have them latch in the wrong spot? That gentle newborn suction makes you yelp when it's not on the nipple.
September 16th, 2012, 11:41 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I've been pinched a number of times! It always surprises me how strong a little baby can be.

Pinterest
Flickr
September 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I'll put up with anything he throws at me as long as he doesn't do what Harper used to do. She would pinch under my arm and my chest so hard she left bruises. And she liked to hit the same spot over and over again. She also liked to pinch necks. She is a very tactile kid. She still has to rub my arm when she goes to sleep.

September 17th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Regular
No pinching so far, but i ge tthe scratching and while she is nursing, she bites my nipple right before she farts or poops. DH just laughs but man does it hurt. she also sleeps through most of her feedings but if i am tryiung to keep her eating she will stretch and arch her back while still latched. Pulls my breast like crazy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search