she hates her bassinet

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Hopefulpinkangel
  • 2 Post By therevslady
  • 1 Post By newmommysarah
  • 4 Post By yrlilangel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aubrey wont sleep in her bassinet. she usually only sleeps if i'm holding her. she can be sound asleep and the second she is in it, she wakes up. swing, bouncer, and car seat don't work either. any alternatives out there?

Thank you Vicki for my wonderful siggy.

September 14th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried the crib? My DS hated the bassinet and only liked the crib, it was the weirdest thing. Have you tried laying her a different way?
alicenwonderland likes this.

Jan 2010 August 2011

September 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Try turning on the vacuum or hair dryer for a few minutes. Also, they make white noise machines that work well.

September 14th, 2012, 04:47 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Does she like being swaddled? You could try swaddling her in one of your tshirts. I actually made a small square weighted blanket that helps with transitioning from mommy to bed. Its a square with rows of rice to help weigh it down. You can toss it in the microwave to warm as well.
AllyssaM and Sherry777 like this.

September 14th, 2012, 05:14 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
E can get like that. He won't sleep anywhere that's not on top of me or in our bed for long. I have to make sure he's nice and warm when I put him down in his pnp or the swing.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 14th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We just started swaddling and it calms her down and helps her sleep longer. The crib doesn't work either. I'm going to look into the white noise machine.Does anyone know if the rock and play is ok to user? I know in 2010 it was recalled, but they redid them and are still for sale.

September 14th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have one, but I have heard many people say really great things about the rock & play sleepers.

Jan 2010 August 2011

September 14th, 2012, 08:38 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
The rock'n'plays are fine to use. . . If they were recalled in 2010, then what ever they were recalled for is most likely fixed - Otherwise they wouldn't be out on the shelves. You can also try putting a shirt that you wore all day, so it smells like you, near by her. My cousin heard that a full breast pad near baby works too. . . I know it sounds odd, but worth a shot maybe if you don't want her to sleep on your chest. . . Adalyn gets like this some days - Doesn't want to sleep anywhere but in my arms. I just roll with it - The house work can wait until the next day. And at night, I just let her sleep on my chest.

September 14th, 2012, 10:51 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Summer sleeps in her rock n play every night... naps either on me or in her swing

I hope you find something that works!

September 15th, 2012, 02:43 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i have started to get alan to put a hot water bottle in Noah's cot while i snuggle him, when he's finally asleep we swap out the hwb for the baby - it seems to work as he get to stay warm and snuggly and doesn't notice he has been put down.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

...and baby number 2
September 15th, 2012, 04:15 AM
berryblue031's Avatar Mathias' Super Mommy!
I'm going to recommend a pram stroller again, feed her and lay her down and then walk with her - she will go right back to sleep and you don't have to move her afterwards

Overtime it will help her get used to sleeping without being held in general.

Mathias: Born Nov 10 2009 weighing in at: 9lbs 2oz & 22inches (4150g 54cm)

Anna Elizabeth: Born Aug 24 2012 weighing in at: 8lbs 6oz & 20.5inches (3795g 52cm)
September 15th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I was going to say pram / stroller. Michaela is quite fussy about where she sleeps and it depends on her mood. At first we thought it was that she'd only sleep on our laps, but it's about reflux, gas and colic and not being able to sleep flat on her back when she has tummy ache or feels sick. Sometimes she settles off in the pram after just a few pushes back and forth, and sometimes a short walk is required then we leave her just outside the back door all wrapped up in the fresh air and watch her from a garden seat or from the dining table. Sometimes she needs to be almost sat up and falls asleep with her bouncer on vibrate then we transfer her to her crib. Our crib rocks and that sometimes helps her, too. We have also found that we need the TV / washer / etc on in the background for white noise, she doesn't settle nearly as well in utter silence.

September 15th, 2012, 06:53 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Swaddling with warm blankets has always worked for my babies, especially if I warm the fittd bassinet sheet too.
September 15th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommysarah View Post
i have started to get alan to put a hot water bottle in Noah's cot while i snuggle him, when he's finally asleep we swap out the hwb for the baby - it seems to work as he get to stay warm and snuggly and doesn't notice he has been put down.
What a brilliant idea, I wonder if this would work for putting Michaela down in her Moses basket.

September 15th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All great ideas ladies. Gonna try them out. hopefully something works

September 16th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Bought the rock and play and it was a success. Just hoping itlasts!

September 16th, 2012, 05:11 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use a "sleep sheep" with Emily. It's a stuffed animal that's also a sound machine. I attach it to the outside of her crib or bassinet and she'll fall asleep almost anywhere I use it. She loves the whales or the ocean sounds.

September 16th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm returning the rock and play. When she sleeps, her chin is to her chest. This can cause her to suffocate. I know its rare but I tried breathing like that abs it was hard. I'm not risking it. Onto ether other methods you ladies told me about

September 17th, 2012, 12:29 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
My daughter hates being flat and the rock and play works great for us, between that and co-sleeping we get to sleep. Hope it works out for you !

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search