What fitness tools do you use?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hopefulpinkangel
  • 1 Post By magz88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2012, 09:36 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
What apps, websites, videos, programs do you use?

I've never had to put more effort into losing weight other than working out when I could find the time and making healthy eating choices. I think since I'm getting older and maybe since this was my 4th baby, I am going to have to put more effort into things this time. I just signed up for myfitnesspal.com and downloaded the app to my phone. It allows for breastfeeding calories, which is a big bonus compared to others that I looked into.

Anyhow I'm interested to see what others are using, if you are using anything to help you or make things easier when it comes to diet, meal planning, calorie tracking, exercising, etc.

September 24th, 2012, 10:12 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before my BFP I was using MFP and loved it. I've tried getting back to it but as my other post says, I'm having a hard time with motivation. Anyhow, if you stick with it it really is helpful

September 24th, 2012, 10:34 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
I really, really like MFP because if you truly keep up with it, it puts your eating habits into perspective reaaallly fast.

I ordered Jillian Michaels 30 day shred right before I got my BFP and it definitely kicks your butt and its cheap (I think I paid like $12 on Amazon).
September 24th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost 60lbs with my fitness pal before I got pregnant with Molly. I love it! I love the app because you can scan barcodes on any food and it brings up the nutritional information for you. Tomorrow is D-day for me and I'll be starting it again with some walking.
therevslady likes this.

Jan 2010 August 2011

September 24th, 2012, 10:56 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I'm using a Pilates DVD I've had since my first baby and also the workout schedule from the Five Factor approach. I can't do the Five Factor diet while breastfeeding but I can do the workout. I was in the best shape of my life using that book.

September 24th, 2012, 11:33 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I love mfp too, I really need to start using it again! I also really like Jillian Michaels videos, especially the 30 day shred. I want to give the couch to 5K program a try as well.
September 24th, 2012, 12:47 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
bodybuilding.com for determining calorie requirements. They have a sticky with all that info.

I often use the USDA Nutritional Data website because you can get really specific with the weights and measures and it lists a lot of unprocessed foods.

For training I will go to Youtube for ideas for new movements or bodybuilding.com. I have done a lot of research in the past and I have learned a lot so I feel confident about making up my own plans.
therevslady likes this.
September 24th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I use mycaloriecounter.com and runkeeper.com. I've done P90X in the past. While I'm training for long-distance running, I do the P90X ab routine, and I lift some weights and do some calisthenics for my legs.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search