Postpartum Weight Loss??

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is everyone doing as far as postpartum weight loss goes?

Is anyone following a special diet?

Are you doing anything specifically to aid in weight loss?

Is anyone using a belly bandit or something similar to "wrap" your belly?

How much weight have you lost?

How much more do you want to lose?

Care to share a postpartum pic of yourself?

September 29th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
How is everyone doing as far as postpartum weight loss goes? Mine is going pretty well considering I haven't started doing much yet.

Is anyone following a special diet? I have just decided to keep my eating schedule I had with the gestational diabetes. That way I am not ever hungry. I eat breakfast, lunch dinner, morning snack, afternoon snack, and before bed snack. My snacks are either fresh fruits, fresh veggies, cottage cheese, or cheese and crackers. I think eating like that keeps my energy pretty level through out the day.

Are you doing anything specifically to aid in weight loss? Not yet. I plan on starting some yoga on Monday, and I am going to start taking morning walks. I wont do anything else until my 6 week appointment. At that time I will start running on my treadmill, and doing some strength training. I have resistance bands, small dumbbells, and my exercise ball to use for that.

Is anyone using a belly bandit or something similar to "wrap" your belly? Nope

How much weight have you lost? 15lbs... I am back to my prepregnancy weight

How much more do you want to lose? I only want to lose about 8lbs. Mostly what I want to do is be overall healthier, and the one thing I am really lacking right now is exercise.

Care to share a postpartum pic of yourself? I will take one later tonight to share.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

September 29th, 2012, 10:54 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not on a special diet, and while I am not EBF, I am pumping and hoping that is helping. As of this morning, I have only lost 22lbs of the 50 gained. I would like to lose 75 pounds to get to a very healthy weight. I am rather disappointed that the weight has not come off easier. :/ I have taken one walk (have been having a hard recovery) so I am hoping incorporating that into my routine will help.

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

September 29th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Veteran
I am down 15lbs of the 35 I gained. Not doing anything to speed weight loss along yet, other than I did use a belly wrap the first week I was home. I do think it helped a lot but now that my belly is flatter I actually look bulkier wearing it so I haven't been lately. It is very frusturating for me not having anything to wear, I'm still wearing maternity clothes in fact, but this is my third and most likely final baby. I'm trying to enjoy her and not stress about my weight. She is only this little for such a short time and I have the whole rest of my life to focus on my weight. So the gym will wait for now, but I am gonna start putting in a little more effort on my eating.
September 29th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
im beat with fatigue and dont have the energy to exercise I feel like im gonna pass out several times during the day. ive lost 24 pds since the delivery a month ago, but had gained 72 pds, still want to loose about 40-50 pds within the next 6-7 months. i think thats a reasonable amount of time. I have cut my calories to 1500 since I stopped BF and pumping but no weight is coming off at all. after eatign so hearty and having low energy its hard to even try to cut to 1000 right now. it can wait until im more rested and recovered and adjusted more. I will see how I feel in 2 weeks. never used a belly band afterwards still wearing same pregnancy clothes except 1 pair jeans.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
September 29th, 2012, 11:52 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have lost 20 of the 35lbs I gained. I haven't been doing any exercise, other.than walking, usually a couple of.miles a day. I am also ebf so I'm always hungry and don't feel like trying to.diet yet. Even though I have weight still to lose, I can fit into most of my prepregnancy jeans, so I am not in any rush just yet to work out or anything. I'd rather spend my spare time cuddling my baby
Blessed Mommy Of 5 likes this.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

September 29th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am back down to pre pregnancy weight but the weight is relocated to my belly so I would like to work out a little and possibly try to go down to 125lb which would be a very healthy weight for me being 5'1 so about nine pounds to go I am waiting to be cleared by the OB before I start working out I think that going back to work will help alot because right now I do not do very much at all lol

September 29th, 2012, 12:30 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was only up 10 lbs from pre-preggo weight before I gave birth, and a few days after having Jordan I was 1.5 lbs up from pre-preggo. Now 2 weeks later I am 5lbs under pre-preggo and am EBF and pumping once a day but not yet exercising. I'll start using my wii fit every day after getting the ok from my doctor. I'd love to lose 50 lbs and be at a healthier weight than before and I'm hoping BFing helps!

September 29th, 2012, 01:00 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I am 3 pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight have lost 25lbs since having Evelyn less than 3 weeks ago. I am wearing all regular clothes no maternity at all. I have been taking walks so far and chasing after a 2.5 yr old and 4 yr old. Didnt use a belt/wrap of any kind. Ebf so that helps. I would like to lose about 15 more lbs total and just get back in shape.

Oh also not on a diet at all I am constantly hungry thanks to breastfeeding.
September 29th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is everyone doing as far as postpartum weight loss goes? I am doing pretty good IMO.

Is anyone following a special diet? I am really trying to eat healthy again. No more junk food, fast food, and poor choices. I still occasionally have a cookie or two, a handful of chips, or a few bites of cake I eat a lot of salads and raw veggies. Also fruits!

Are you doing anything specifically to aid in weight loss? Watching what I eat and going for walks.

Is anyone using a belly bandit or something similar to "wrap" your belly? nope

How much weight have you lost? I was at 168 when Kyah was born. I am currently 145. I have lost 23 lbs and Kyah is 2 weeks old.

How much more do you want to lose? 20 lbs

Care to share a postpartum pic of yourself? I will a bit later, Kyah is sleeping on me

September 29th, 2012, 03:10 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is everyone doing as far as postpartum weight loss goes? Okay, wish I'd lose faster though!

Is anyone following a special diet? nope, not yet. Thinking of just going back to the regular gestational diabetes diet like Tiffany.

Are you doing anything specifically to aid in weight loss? no not yet

Is anyone using a belly bandit or something similar to "wrap" your belly? no

How much weight have you lost? 24 as of a week and a half ago. I'll weigh myself monday at the ped office again

How much more do you want to lose? I am already below pre pregnancy weight but still have a good 50 pounds before I'd be happy

thats as much as I'm willing to post of me right now!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
September 29th, 2012, 04:32 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is everyone doing as far as postpartum weight loss goes? good I guess. I had an appt last week and I was down 12 pounds from birth

Is anyone following a special diet? no

Are you doing anything specifically to aid in weight loss? keeping up with my water, about a gallon a day.

How much weight have you lost? 12 pounds or so since Linc was born, but I'm down 35 since january...

How much more do you want to lose? My goal is my wedding weight, so about 25 more, but I'd love to loose another hundred.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

September 29th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Super Mommy
My butt and my couch. I haven't done anything at all, minus a few bits of walking here and there. XD

September 29th, 2012, 06:10 PM
destiny hope's Avatar Veteran
I am not doing much to focus on my weight loss I am always tired and feeling sick due to no b12 in my body low blood levels and iron. But I am 26 lbs from prepregnancy weight but never gained a pound while pregnant. I still would like to lose at least 20lbs more but that will be later. I am bf and not really eating all that much as i feel always busy with Alexander.
September 29th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Super Mommy
How is everyone doing as far as postpartum weight loss goes? I wish it were coming off faster, but im just impatient

Is anyone following a special diet? Yes, Metabolic

Are you doing anything specifically to aid in weight loss? i weigh all my food, and follow the diet exactly.. including at least 64 oz of water a day, their high nutrient drinks, and weight loss pills

How much weight have you lost? 29 lbs since delivery 1 month ago tomorrow.
(cant believe he's a month old)

How much more do you want to lose? 45 lbs would put me at 120.. which is what I weighed before I had kids.. so I could REALLY say I lost ALL my baby weight. My consultant says I can do that no problem, so Im not willing to give up.

Care to share a postpartum pic of yourself? . I cant post pics on here. My comp wont let me
September 29th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
How is everyone doing as far as postpartum weight loss goes? Good

Is anyone following a special diet? We follow the Eat Right for Your Type diet mostly and in general I am just trying to eat better

Are you doing anything specifically to aid in weight loss? No

Is anyone using a belly bandit or something similar to "wrap" your belly? No

How much weight have you lost? Giving birth was 13lbs Then 2 lbs every week so far

How much more do you want to lose? Well, I am lower than my pre-pregnancy weight so met that goal but in reality I still need to lose 20 lbs to get to my goal.

Care to share a postpartum pic of yourself? I should since I haven't even shared a belly pic.

September 30th, 2012, 01:21 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Things are going fine. Im taking it slow-ish untill my 6 week appt since I ended up having to get a c-section, I dont want to ruin anything long term. But once im cleared I plan on using my wii fit and walks lots. I do take walks now to help. Ive lost like 34lbs as of the 27 and I had gain 64 total.

September 30th, 2012, 01:30 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
I'm 5lbs under my pre-preggo weight. I actually didn't gain much during the pregnancy so technically *I* was loosing weight while I was gaining baby weight. If that makes sense.. I'm not doing anything to loose weight right now. Only a week and 1 day out. and I eat like I normally do. Which honestly isnt that bad. We don't do a lot of junk or preprepared foods. Lots of fruit and veggies. I would love to loose about 20lbs. I don't ever expect to get back down to where I was pre children since I was 18 when I first got pregnant and wearing a size 1 lol. I think that goal is a bit much lol. But I would like to be closer to it atleast. I plan on nursing for quite some time, so no real diets or anything for awhile. I don't want to risk my supply. I may look into weight watchers breastfeeding plan eventually, but for now Im just happy with where I am. I will share a photo later. Its from a few days ago at 4days pp.

I took this because of my huge dolly boobs! The have gone down a lot since and I have lost a bit more.
Blessed Mommy Of 5 likes this.

Last edited by hotjai21; September 30th, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
September 30th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Is anyone following a special diet? No. I really need to count cals and see where i am.

Are you doing anything specifically to aid in weight loss? Pumping, and walking a few times a week.

Is anyone using a belly bandit or something similar to "wrap" your belly? No

How much weight have you lost? 32lbs since birth. Lost all i gained during pregnancy and a little more. It took about 2 weeks for the swelling to go down.

How much more do you want to lose? oh at least 100lbs more.

Care to share a postpartum pic of yourself? EEK! I hate pics of myself.

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
September 30th, 2012, 06:03 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Post partum pic 3 weeks since Evelyn was born

Sorry about the flash

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search