30 Day Shred

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree28Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2012, 01:11 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Okay - Who's starting out with this? I need to find my DVD {though I know I can find it on YouTube if I can't find the DVD} so I can start up this week. . . DH goes back to work on Wednesday, so I think I will start then. I really, really want to push myself and stick with it. I did it a handful of times after I had DD1, but I would never push myself and ended up not sticking with it - So obviously I saw no results.

Now I am done having kids and would like to drop 15-20 pounds and get back to shape. Eventually, I want to start running again. However, Adalyn is too attached to me for me to start up running now, and she's too young/little for me to take with her. . . So I figure, I'll start with the 30 Day Shred and maybe when that is over, I'll be able to start C25K and get into running!

Shall we make this a daily check in thread for 30 DS? We can keep each other accountable! Check in that you did it, how you did, how you're feeling, ect? What do you ladies think?

ETA: I won't be dieting. I do hope to clean up my diet, but with me nursing I don't plan to actually go on a diet! Just trying to cut out the junk and add more water back into my diet {I've slacked there with having visitors this month}.

September 29th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Yes please! I was going to start Thurs, missed part of it, didn't do it yesterday...or today...I need some accountability!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 30th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Too intense for me at this time, but I know a few ladies are wanting to do this - if you want to make a thread for it, Allyssa, I'll sticky it for ya.

September 30th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I need to get the DVD because we don't have unlimited internet and can't watch the video on youtube everyday but I'm going to check it out tomorrow to see if it's worth buying. I have to get myself back into shape, I'm disgusted with how I look and feel right now.
September 30th, 2012, 10:15 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I plan to start it in a couple of weeks, so if we have a thread for it, I'll jump in then
October 1st, 2012, 05:37 AM
Oh good lord! I've made it about half way through and it's kicking my arse! I'm so out of shape!! I have to keep stopping to nurse Sarah too.
AllyssaM and Jessimaaka like this.
October 1st, 2012, 06:37 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Ole Jillian is no joke! I'll be starting it on Wednesday as well when DH goes back to work.
Mountain~Mama likes this.
October 1st, 2012, 06:52 AM
Yup, its not for the faint of heart that's for sure. Don't kill yourself doing it, you had major abdominal surgery. I'm currently skipping the pushups because 1. I hate them, 2. I have a bad shoulder and combined with super weak stomach muscles I just can't yet...need to work those muscles up a bit. Don't forget to follow the girl doing the modified exercises! The idea is to get back into shape, not to hurt yourself further.

Jess
October 1st, 2012, 07:45 AM
I tried the modifies push ups and my stomach muscles are weak for sure but it hurt my back where I had the spinal. Even the cardio kicks my butt but it was only the first day and I'm not even 5 weeks pp yet.
Jessimaaka likes this.
October 1st, 2012, 02:19 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Good luck ladies.
October 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
I have to dig mine out!!! My goal is to push myself - I usually stop and give my self a break when it starts getting hard. . . Like as soon as it gets hard. But I need to push myself a little longer.

I'll deff be starting with the modified workouts!

October 1st, 2012, 06:25 PM
I got the itch to run after DD1 went down for a nap and I got Adalyn to sleep {probably because I was lazy & wore work out clothes to run errands in today, hah}. . . But I can't take Adalyn running, yet, and can't leave her with DH - So I went looking for 30 DS and couldn't find it. . . But I pulled it up on YouTube.

Kicked.My.A**.

I couldn't find my weights {and didn't want to waste any more time looking}, so I did it without them. Which is probably good for now. I can add them in next week or something. I also didn't make it through. I got to the last circuit and had to stop because I kept getting dizzy/light headed. But I pushed myself until I couldn't physically go any more. . .

I tried walking up the stairs to ask DH a question about 15 minutes after I finished. I quickly came back down after almost falling going up 3 steps. Hahaha.

October 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
I did it! I did it! I did the whole level 1 session! Whoohooo!
AllyssaM, Corrupt and Jessimaaka like this.
October 2nd, 2012, 12:45 PM
Oh sweet baby jesus - Mommah is SOREEEEEEE today.
Mountain~Mama and MosaicWife like this.

October 3rd, 2012, 01:34 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I just started it today. I didn't make it all the way through because Paxton wasn't having that but dear god! The cats wanted lunch right after I was done and I was so weak and queasy I couldn't feed them! I told Bobby if he is really serious about losing weight he should use this too. He can work out at night after we've all gone to bed.

October 4th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Worked out Monday for Day 1. . . Didn't get around to it again until today and I could barely do it. I am not really sore any more, but it HURT within 5 minutes. It was so much harder to do then on Monday, and I don't think it should be? I honestly barely was able to do those 5 minutes and then Adalyn needed to nurse. . . I am thinking I need to find something else to ease my way into this?

October 5th, 2012, 09:24 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Day two was easier for me. I was sooo sore last night though but I feel better today. Can't workout today because I need to spend any free time cleaning but jumping back in tomorrow. It's already working though. The first day I only gained 6 oz by the end of the day, the second day I lost a few oz by the end of the day. I think if I cut out all the junk food I'm start losing actual pounds.

October 5th, 2012, 11:56 AM
That's awesome!!!

My friend directed me to this work out, so I think I'll start here. I can do as much or as little as I can in a day - In 10 minute increments. So I think it'll be good: 10 Minute Trainer Workouts To Lose Belly Fat Fast! Part 1 of 3 Weight Loss Cardio Workout HASfit - YouTube

October 7th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
I'm jumping in. And I want you ladies to hound me to do it. Even on facebook *laughs*
Not even kidding.

I won't be dieting either. Cleaning up my diet, but that's about it.

So, tomorrow will be day one for me. Come hell or high water, I WILL see this through.
I have never felt so bad about my body, it's awful!
AllyssaM, afwifey09 and Jessimaaka like this.
October 8th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Me! Me! I never thought I would ever see the numbers I see on the scale.

I'm thinking I'm going to break down and buy a gym membership. I think I need the thought that other people are looking at me to motivate me.

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search