Weight Loss Poll

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Pinkhighheels27
  • 1 Post By Mom2JDub
  • 1 Post By Sherry777
  • 1 Post By Corrupt
  • 1 Post By KK_1986
  • 1 Post By afwifey09
  • 1 Post By Pinkhighheels27
  • 2 Post By Jessimaaka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 07:59 AM
Mom to Madeline
How much weight have you lost?

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy?

What is your goal amount of weight loss?

Do you have a set date for your goal?

What are you doing to contribute to your weight loss?

Anything else?

Here's mine:

How much weight have you lost? 30 lbs

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? 20 lbs

What is your goal amount of weight loss? To lose 30 lbs total

Do you have a set date for your goal? Already there, but my goal was Oct. 31. I might try to lose 5 more if I can!

What are you doing to contribute to your weight loss? Diet, pilates, walking. I'd love to be able to do more cardio, but I'm still sore and healing. And, I still can't do leg work outs like lunges, squats, etc.

Anything else? I complained about my pregnamcy cellulite...and sure enough it's gone Judy with a few simple changes...yay! Plus, my hips and rib cage are back to normal. My body is actually pretty much the same (except for losing a few extra pounds) as it was pre pregnancy. Very happy!
magz88 likes this.

Last edited by Pinkhighheels27; October 2nd, 2012 at 08:05 AM.
October 2nd, 2012, 08:38 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
How much weight have you lost? 18 pounds

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? 23 pounds

What is your goal amount of weight loss? Not really a goal. I was borderline underweight when I got pregnant, so my current weight is actually just fine. My fitness goals are related to building my muscle tone back and just getting into shape, rather than losing any additional weight.

Do you have a set date for your goal? No set date, but I have a goal to run the OC Half-Marathon in May (which I ran before getting pregnant). So I have plenty of time in one sense, but I feel like I'm starting from scratch after mostly inactivity during the second half of my pregnancy (minus walking).

What are you doing to contribute to your weight loss? I was cleared for exercise last week, but it has been sweltering here ever since. It's supposed to cool off to the 80s by the weekend, so I'm hoping to get in my first post-pregnancy run. I'm nervous that I'm going to really suck, but I do have months to train before the race.

Anything else? I'm cherishing every moment of Jackson being such an adorable little baby, but I'm also looking forward to him establishing a bit more of a routine in terms of feeding and sleeping. I've only gotten 3 hours of sleep each night for the past two nights, so exhaustion could impede my fitness goals. I also find myself cooking less, which isn't good. I don't eat a lot of junk, but I really need to get back into cooking my healthy meals.
Pinkhighheels27 likes this.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
October 2nd, 2012, 08:50 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
How much weight have you lost? 32 pounds

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? 33 pounds

What is your goal amount of weight loss? None

Do you have a set date for your goal? No

What are you doing to contribute to your weight loss? Nothing

Anything else? I don't need to lose weight; I just need to tighten up. My butt went flat; my legs are less toned, and my abs, needless to say, need a lot of work.

October 2nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
How much weight have you lost? 14 lbs

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? 40 lbs

What is your goal amount of weight loss? all the pregnancy weight plus any extra I happen to lose

Do you have a set date for your goal? I want the preggo weight off by christmas

What are you doing to contribute to your weight loss? Diet changes, excersize when I can put the baby down long enough

Anything else? this is a horrible time of year for weight loss
October 2nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
Mom to Madeline
Yes, it is a horrible time of year with the holidays around the corner....I always end up gaining every fall/winter! This year, I'm going to have to watch it more. I usually give myself a free pass, but not this year!

And I also am focusing on toning up, too. Especially my tummy and thighs. My tummy is drastically better with Tracy Anderson's Post Pregnancy work out...but it's so challenging!

Last edited by Pinkhighheels27; October 2nd, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
October 2nd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Regular
I've lost 35pounds since Liam was born 5 weeks ago

I gained a total of 50-54 pounds, not completely sure as i wasn't weighing myself prior to finding out i was pregnant and my first weigh in at the doctors i was completely dehydrated.

I'd like to loose probably anther 15-20 pounds. I try not to attach too much significance to weight however as i've had issues in the past with being overzealous in my weight tracking and loss goals so ideally i'd just like to fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes.

April 2013.

Nothing at the moment, daily walks with Liam but that's more for him than me. I plan to start a Tracy Anderson post-pregnancy workout video and join a stroller strides class this month. In November i'm going to attempt the Insanity workout.

Anything else?
My main goal is to tone up, specifically hips, thighs,legs, and of course tummy. We have been discussing a May 2013 wedding date though, so i've got to get serious soon as i'm determined to be looking fabulous by that time!
October 2nd, 2012, 12:37 PM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
How much weight have you lost? 29

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? 34

What is your goal amount of weight loss? Definitely to lose the last 5 pounds, which puts me at the perfect weight for me, in my opinion.

Do you have a set date for your goal? Not at all, but the sooner, the better. I'll only start getting hard on myself if it hasn't happened after a few months.

What are you doing to contribute to your weight loss? Making better choices food wise, and even more importantly, just portion control.

Anything else? I certainly do a lot of running up and down the stairs at home! We're also trying to get out and walk more now that the 100+ degree days seem to be over with. I'll be starting Jillian Michaels tomorrow as well. I'm not concerned with the weight loss portion as much as I am with toning up, so that's going to be the most important part for me, and hardest. I've given myself a goal to be in better shape than I was before getting pregnant, especially now that I'm not working. I know having a tot at home IS work, but I've also got a lot more spare time and I want to feel good about myself, not just be skinny.
October 2nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
How much weight have you lost? About 14 lb

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? About 35

What is your goal amount of weight loss? From today about 30-40. Moreso, I want to be size 12 or 10.

Do you have a set date for your goal? I am aiming for mid-May.

What are you doing to contribute to your weight loss? Right now I am walking and doing some body weight training a few times a week. Now that I am past the 6-week point I will also start going to the gym 1x or 2x per week. I will do a full-body workout so I hit everything even if I only go once, I will also hit the cardio machines while I am there.

Diet starts October 22.

My issue is food intake. I have a hard time limiting myself and it takes a lot of regimented tracking in order for me to maintain a healthy weight. I have a history of being overweight and it is important for me to get back down to normal.

Anything else? I would also like to build up my quads and hamstrings more and do an unassisted pull up - but those are always my goals!!
October 3rd, 2012, 04:51 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
How much weight have you lost? 32 lbs

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? 50lbs

What is your goal amount of weight loss? the last 20lbs of baby weight, plus 20lbs of weight I gained quitting smoking before getting pregnant, and 10lbs to get me down to my happy me weight

Do you have a set date for your goal? sooner rather than later...I like the idea of the baby weight by Christmas!

What are you doing to contribute to your weight loss? food changes - portion and type, water yoga, need to really properly start Jillian Michaels, and I want to start C25K

Anything else? I am trying so desperately hard not to smoke again...I know that will easily let me lose the weight but I don't want to be a smoker again

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 3rd, 2012, 01:45 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
How much weight have you lost? 20 pounds

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? 20 pounds

What is your goal amount of weight loss? Want to get back to pre-all babies weight which was 120 and tone up.

Do you have a set date for your goal? Nope

What are you doing to contribute to your weight loss? Just started the 30 Day Shred. I'm not dieting though. I'm EBF, I need those calories.

Anything else? Nope

October 4th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Mom to Madeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaaka View Post
How much weight have you lost? 32 lbs

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? 50lbs

What is your goal amount of weight loss? the last 20lbs of baby weight, plus 20lbs of weight I gained quitting smoking before getting pregnant, and 10lbs to get me down to my happy me weight

Do you have a set date for your goal? sooner rather than later...I like the idea of the baby weight by Christmas!

What are you doing to contribute to your weight loss? food changes - portion and type, water yoga, need to really properly start Jillian Michaels, and I want to start C25K

Anything else? I am trying so desperately hard not to smoke again...I know that will easily let me lose the weight but I don't want to be a smoker again
Yay to quitting smoking...dont start back! Water yoga...that sounds like fun.
Jessimaaka likes this.
October 4th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkhighheels27 View Post
Yay to quitting smoking...dont start back! Water yoga...that sounds like fun.
I love the water yoga! Cameron doesn't love the little boat he gets to sit in so I'm usually holding him in different poses with me, which helps my arms

October 20th is officially my 1 year no smoking (I started quitting in Aug last year and replaced cigarettes with snacks...bad idea! but effective).
afwifey09 and Pinkhighheels27 like this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 4th, 2012, 03:30 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
How much weight have you lost? About 20lbs - Give or take depending on the day

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? 30-33lbs

What is your goal amount of weight loss? From where I am at now - I'd like to loose no less then 15lbs, no more then 20.

Do you have a set date for your goal? Nope.

What are you doing to contribute to your weight loss? Exercise. Clean up my diet from all the junk I eat.

October 5th, 2012, 10:34 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
How much weight have you lost? 29 lbs.

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? 35 lbs.

What is your goal amount of weight loss? Ultimately, about 60 more lbs.

Do you have a set date for your goal? Not really, I have a few mini goals though.

What are you doing to contribute to your weight loss? Eating much healthier, and walking/starting to run again and working out.
October 8th, 2012, 09:48 AM
babygreenes.mommy
29 lbs

56 lbs (i was originally 125 lbs but i gained about 10 before i got pregnant)

another 37 lbs to get back down to my original 125 lbs.

may 2013...when athena is 9 months

postnatal bootcamp dvd, walking daily, watching what i eat

Anything else?
not really
October 8th, 2012, 02:29 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How much weight have you lost? 18lb

How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? 16lb

What is your goal amount of weight loss? dont know - i will be happy when my tummy is flat again

Do you have a set date for your goal? nope

What are you doing to contribute to your weight loss? watching what i eat and taking noah for 2 walks round the block a day

...and baby number 2
October 29th, 2012, 08:46 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
About 25 lbs

About 25 lbs

I would like to lose 40 lbs total, so about 15-20 more lbs, I still have weight from other babies to loose. I'm currently 160, and I feel best around 135 with my body type.

No, but I'd like to lose no more than 1lb/week

Counting calories, Running/walking (52K), and 30DS, pretty much just trying to stay active and work out at least 30 mins 6days/week

Anything else?
I'm the rare bird that has a hard time eating enough. When I started counting my calories, I realized that I was not eating near enough. I was eating about 600-700 calories a day. No wonder I felt like crap after my last two kids for so long!!! I struggled with migraines and fatigue so badly. But I realized it was because I wasn't taking time to eat for myself. So now I am keeping myself accountable by journaling my food intake and I'm using Myfitnesspal, which is helping a lot. It's made a HUGE difference in my energy levels. But my weight loss is following the same pattern this time. I was hoping eating better would help, but it looks like my body is scared to death that I will never eat again and like to hold onto some extra pounds for backup. Hopefully it will catch on soon though!

Last edited by therevslady; October 29th, 2012 at 08:55 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search