A Day In The Life Of :: Allyssa & Adalyn

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree27Likes
  • 13 Post By AllyssaM
  • 1 Post By Mountain~Mama
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 2 Post By afwifey09
  • 2 Post By Jenn1320
  • 1 Post By Mom2JDub
  • 1 Post By amyinwonderland
  • 1 Post By Sherry777
  • 1 Post By K.A.T
  • 1 Post By Blessed.Life
  • 1 Post By mama4life
  • 1 Post By Hopefulpinkangel
  • 1 Post By HippieLove

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2012, 11:56 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Also staring: Big sister Emmersyn.

I'll put a warning out now - There are nursing photos, but no nippage or anything. I kind of slacked on pictures in the afternoon and evening - Adalyn was keeping me busy & DH was grumpy so I didn't bother with them. . .

This is actually our second nursing session of the day. She had me up around 2:30am for a quick nurse. . . The husband, who couldn't sleep last night so just stayed awake, came up around 4:15am to get ready for work and then took off. I had stayed up until around 5:15 checking Twitter and talking to my mommah, who's visiting her sister in NYC this week.

Now we're awake. *yawn* I bring Emmersyn into bed with Adalyn and I and put on cartoons while we all wake up. . .

In our morning glory. Hah. Neither of my kids look very excited to be awake - Where as I look stoked. Reality is that it was the other way!

The "I hungie" plees come from Emmersyn - So I roll out of bed and get dressed. While doing so, Emmersyn helped herself to the lotion. I knew she was doing it - I did not, however, know just HOW MUCH she was using. Whoops. So I get that cleaned up and we head downstairs. . .

Potty feet - We've officially begun potty training and she's doing pretty good. Wash up!

Potty success - So she gets a sticker on her chart and a candy corn. I head out an water the grass that's growing - Yay!

Not pictured: Gave Emmersyn a banana to hold her over until I could get us breakfast.

Medicate & change baby. Sniff said baby. Dress her & then make her life all better with a little more boob. I'm in love with how the nursing photo came out.

Time check. Stick baby in swing.

Finally - I can get myself & Emmersyn some breakfast. I get her some yogurt and milk while her PB toast cooks. Kona coffee + Pumpkin Spice Creamer = My morning heaven. I unload the dishwasher while our toast cooks. Mmm coffee & peanut butter toast.

Baby is asleep, so I take that time to get some housework done. I put a movie on for Emmersyn. Then not pictured: I step out front to unplug our Halloween decorations and the front door shuts - LOCKING ME OUT of the house with my babies AND phone in there. Oy. Oh, and there is a child proof thing on the inside of the door, so I can't have Emmersyn open it. Thankfully, I left the back door open to get some fresh air in the house after I watered the grass - So I walk around the back, through the tall weeds and in that way. Phew. Now - Back to reality. . . I clean the kitchen. I didn't realize that the dish washer had dirty dishes in it already, so I wasn't able to put all the dishes in there. . .

And then I pick up the living room. You guys, my living room hasn't been this clean in DAYS. It feels good to be able to get some things done!!

I check on the girls - And then I make a phone call to refill Adalyn's RX and I stuff diapers.

Little sister is still snoozing - So I pull Emmersyn from her movie to do something fun with her. She paints her pumpkins - Beautiful! Adalyn woke up shortly after we started, but Emmersyn was just about done anyways.

Time check. Emmersyn went back to her playroom. Adalyn is excited to get some milks! I nurse her and then we talk, cuddle and smile at each other for a bit.

I swaddle Adalyn and try to get her down for a nap - In hopes that being swaddled, she'll take a nice long nap and sleep through my friends kiddos being here. . . I browse twitter while I wait. It takes about 30 minutes to get her to sleep, and even then she was still a bit restless - So I put her in her swing, sometimes she falls asleep easier then then with me.

More plees of "I hungie" come from the little person walking around my house - So I start figuring out lunch. Just as I decide on something for us, my friend who's kids I am watching text me asking if we'd like McDonalds. Done deal batman. So I sit down and check the internets for a bit on my computer.

The kids {and lunch} get here. . . I get everybody set up at the table, and I stand & eat while making sure they all eat. Lots of chatter and giggles are had. Finally everyone ate enough and they all run off to the playroom. . . I park it on the couch and turn the TV on for the first time. The 14 month old visits me often and I play with her on and off. She was a handful with a 2 month old to take care of as well!

Adalyn did not agree with my plan and she wakes up to nurse. I text with my mommy a bit while I am nursing. . .

I tweet. Oy. And this Pepsi is MUCH needed. Not pictured: The water I was drinking between my coffee & my pepsi

Their mommah comes back and we chit chat a bit while she snuggles Adalyn before they all leave because it's nap time for EVERYONE! Mommah included. I tuck Emmersyn in and then Adalyn and I crawl into bed where she nurses and knocks right out.

Snoozy Snooze. Emmersyn had other ideas, though. I think she may be ready to phase out her nap - But *I* am not. So she will continue to have quiet time in her room in the afternoons. She actually ended up falling asleep around 4:30. In which Adalyn was awake by then and nursing more. . . She eventually settled and fell back asleep so I could catch a little cat nap.

I usually don't let Emmersyn sleep past 5:00 - But Adalyn didn't settle until like 4:50 and I needed a little cat nap to get me through the night - So we slept until 5:20 and made our way downstairs shortly after. I unload the dish washer and start to reload it. . . Not pictured: I tossed Adalyn in the Ergo, which only lasted about 5 minutes before I had to stop to nurse her.

While doing the dishes - I get a pot of water on the stove to boil. And then DADDY IS HOME!!! Emmersyn is stoked. And despite is lack of sleep last night - He came home and went out back to weed whack finally. Yay! Now I have to go out and clean the weeds up sometime soon and get it read to lay grass down!

I get the rest of dinner going, and then take a few minutes to spend more time with my big girl while Adalyn is content. We bake brownies - Something simple, takes little to no time and Emmersyn LOVES doing it with me. I think she likes the batter licking the best Once dinner is ready, Emmersyn and I eat while daddy snuggles with Adalyn and keeps her content.

Not pictured: Family time. More nursing and baby cuddles. 8:00pm rolls around & daddy takes Emmersyn upstairs for bed, then he showers & goes to bed himself. Adalyn and I hang out downstairs and cuddle some, I enjoy some brownies in peace and then she wakes again where I change her diaper & PJ her. . . She's gassy so we deal with that & then join daddy in bed. Good night!

October 9th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Looks like a pretty good day! Love the nursing pics and the one of daddy kissing Emmersyn!
AllyssaM likes this.
October 9th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Love the pictures! What a great day
AllyssaM likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 9th, 2012, 07:49 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous of how much Adalyn sleeps still! Ava sleeps like MAYBE an hour throughout the day and 8 hours TOPS at night. She's taking after her dad in that sense and I am *not* a fan.

I agree, that nursing picture is beautiful. Not gonna lie, its pretty depressing.
AllyssaM and newmommysarah like this.
October 9th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Loved a peek into your day! That nursing pic is awesome. I am majorly jealous of your potty-training success. Owen fights it tooth-and-nail!
AllyssaM and newmommysarah like this.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

October 9th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Thanks for sharing.
AllyssaM likes this.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
October 9th, 2012, 11:39 AM
amyinwonderland's Avatar Rylan & Delaney's Mommy
Thanks for sharing! That was so sweet.
AllyssaM likes this.
October 9th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks ladies

I am thankful for another good sleeper - But I cannot wait for her to be alert more and do more things, hah.

October 9th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
LOVE the pictures! This was a fun idea for sure!
AllyssaM likes this.

October 9th, 2012, 02:39 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I like looking at your day. Thanks for sharing.
AllyssaM likes this.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

October 9th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jealous that Adalyn will sleep in her swing!! I can only et Micah to nap MAYBE 30 mins in his! Love this and all the pictures and of course you know how cute I think your girls are
AllyssaM likes this.
October 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great job! You really captured the day! TFS!
AllyssaM likes this.

October 9th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Loved this!!
AllyssaM likes this.

Jan 2010 August 2011

October 9th, 2012, 08:08 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Aww I loved this, you have such a beautiful family and a gorgeous house!! I was going to do mine today, but 3/4 of my kids are sick. Thanks for sharing
AllyssaM likes this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
October 9th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed.Life View Post
Jealous that Adalyn will sleep in her swing!! I can only et Micah to nap MAYBE 30 mins in his! Love this and all the pictures and of course you know how cute I think your girls are
Emmersyn wasn't a fan of her swing - So this is new to me. Hah. Some days she'll only take 30 minute cat naps in it, though. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieLove View Post
Aww I loved this, you have such a beautiful family and a gorgeous house!! I was going to do mine today, but 3/4 of my kids are sick. Thanks for sharing
Aww thank you. I hope the kiddos get better soon!

October 12th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Love it!

Thank you Vicki for my wonderful siggy.

October 12th, 2012, 06:17 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Love it! Thanks so much for sharing!
October 17th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
You rock, mommah! You have everything under control. I love the pics. Your girls are so adorable.
I wish my house ran as smooth as yours!!

October 17th, 2012, 02:04 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
So cute ! Mirabel loves lotion too! I don't get it...she asks me to give her some and then wants to rub it all over me and my clothes .

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

October 17th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie View Post
You rock, mommah! You have everything under control. I love the pics. Your girls are so adorable.
I wish my house ran as smooth as yours!!
Oh, it isn't always this smooth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search