How about those abs?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By afwifey09
  • 1 Post By afwifey09

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Regular
Hello ladies,
Just wondering how everyone is doing on the abdominal front and what exercises and or programs you are using to work your core?
I was going to do the Tracy Anderson postpartum workout video but couldn't do any of the ab exercises due to rather significant diastasis recti. I admit I was crushed at my inability to work out what used to be my most favored body part and haven't really done anything with my stomach since, have just been doing daily walks.
I was wondering if anyone else has or has had this problem in the past and what exercises did you do or are doing that helped?
October 16th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I just checked myself this morning for Diastasis Recti. I can fit 2 fingers in, which is supposed to be normal but I'm still a bit concerned and nervous to do many typical ab workouts. I think I will youtube Diastasis Recti workouts and see what I can find and hopefully can heal it up more.
October 16th, 2012, 07:54 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
You're going to be doing a lot of pelvic tilts amd crunches with a towel. I'll link the one I'm using. My split is only one finger width thank goodness.

Exercises to Help Flatten Your Stomach & Close/Repair a Diastasis Recti/Abdominal Split Separation - YouTube

October 16th, 2012, 09:23 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I did Roman chair knee raises the first time I went to the gym and it was a bit too much as of yet so I will probably just do planks for another few weeks to work the transverse abdominis (sp?).
October 17th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
There are several excersises on this site. hope it helps

BeFit-Mom Diastasis Recti or Abdominal Separation
October 19th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Mom to Madeline
I'm doing the Tracy Anderson Post Pregnancy workout...my abs are back to normal and I'm started to build tone/muscle. I started working my abs 5 weeks PP.
October 20th, 2012, 12:01 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Missa, are you doing the exercises for your 1 finger tip width separation? I can't find crap for information. Some says no separation whatsoever is okay, some says up to two. I really wish doctors would do their jobs and check for this!
Mountain~Mama likes this.
October 20th, 2012, 04:29 AM
I'm with you Cassie. I have about a 2 finger separation and I really don't know what I should do.
October 21st, 2012, 04:07 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
When I go in for my iud placement checkup I'm going to ask. I'll let you know what he says if we don't find out anything else, Melanie.
Mountain~Mama likes this.
October 29th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Anyone seeing any improvement yet?

I think my gap is a little bit smaller! I haven't been doing much, just letting things heal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search