Ladies, needing some encouragement here *BIG update post 28-TESTED*

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2012, 01:47 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
So I think I'm nuts. But even though it's only been less than a year since I first got PG, I can't recall all the signs and symptoms of early PG for me. But then every PG is different right? I'm kind of freaking out. A few weeks ago DH and I DTD without a condom. Not sure why, I think I was thinking it was too early to O. But anyways... Didn't think too much of it. But the last week or two I've been getting slight cramps almost like I'd be getting a few days before my period would start, kind of like I had the first time I was PG. But I never seem to start my period. I'm not BFing any more. And the last few days my breasts have felt fuller again (they had gone really soft and got a little smaller after stopping BFing). And today when I took a shower my nipples started to tingle. They have felt a little tender the last few days as well. Not bad or anything like when I was PG but enough for me to notice. And the last few weeks I have been hungry like crazy. I'll eat and then be hungry an hour later! And I've been tired a lot. Not just like new mom tired, I mean I slept about 10 hours from last night to this afternoon (MIL was watching Elias for me) and I still feel like I could take a long nap right now.

So I need some words of encouragement. Tell me I'm crazy and I'm not PG. It's not likely, right? Did I mention I've been feeling these odd movements in my abdomen lately? Like something (organs?) are moving around? I know even if I am PG, no way I'd be feeling the baby move yet but I mean like maybe the organs are moving to make room again? Or are they just moving back into place from being PG with Elias still? How long does that feeling last after birth? Yikes!

Last edited by TKbunny; October 19th, 2012 at 06:35 AM.
October 16th, 2012, 02:03 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Sounds like you're about to either ovulate or start your period. All your symptoms sound like ovulation or period but the only way to know is to test. And I can't stress this enough, if you don't want another baby this soon, take precautions.

October 16th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Test. It's the only way to know for sure.
Jessimaaka likes this.
October 16th, 2012, 05:00 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Take that test and let us know!

Oh but I am pretty sure someone on here was saying recently that you can test positive for a while after you have a baby...

Pinterest
Flickr
October 16th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Veteran
Take the test and settle your mind. Don't worry if you don't have to.
October 16th, 2012, 08:22 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I ditto Missa, but test to be sure.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

October 17th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
i think its entirely possible that these are still hormonal adjustments post-partum, i have some of these symptoms and we are not dtd til my coil is well and truly in. but honey whatever happens we are here for you. please kup and i truly hope youre not if you dont want to be yet! pms are always open if u need to talk xxx

October 17th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks ladies. I know I should test. I've noticed my sense of smell is outstanding too. I smell things others can't. I think I'm nuts but I do think I should test to be sure. I haven't told DH yet in case I'm just reading into it all too much, no need to freak him out yet right? I even went to the $ store yesterday to get a test, thinking they were so good last time when the FRER were crap. And because I didn't want to spend that kind of cash for a FRER if it was either 1) negative or 2) a crappy test in the first place not showing me a very good line even if I am PG. But I guess it wasn't meant to be, as the store was totally out of tests And it's the only $ store here that carries them. So now I either wait for the store to get more which according to the lady I asked could take months, or I go spend that kind of cash for a brand name test. So now what do I do ladies?

October 17th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used the ANSWER brand test and it worked better than the FRER! Good luck sweety

Thank you Vicki for my wonderful siggy.

October 17th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
brand name test, for your own sanity.
irunpink likes this.

October 17th, 2012, 01:08 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
I order the cheap tests from Amazon in bulk and always have them on hand, that way I can test without even having to leave the house.

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

October 17th, 2012, 08:26 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
My goodness Any news yet? What did you decide to do?

October 17th, 2012, 09:17 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Walmart!! 88cent tests and they work!
Cylence and mama4life like this.

October 18th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Did u test???

Thank you Vicki for my wonderful siggy.

October 18th, 2012, 06:59 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Ebay haha. I bought ICs of ebay recently so I could test before I started the pill. I knew I wasn't pregnant, so I didn't want to go out in this small town where I'd surely run into someone I know and spend $12 on one.

Feeling phantom kicks, its because after you have a baby you may have a little muscle separation, therefor you can feel your digestive organs doing their job as there's not a heap of muscle around them anymore.

I ditto the if you aren't wanting another, get on birth control girl! I can't trust myself to use just condoms. We are spur of the moment people, quickie over the washing machine, in the shower, in the middle of the night etc. We don't plan it, so if we used condoms they'd always be forgotten

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
October 18th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We can't buy cheap tests in any store around here so I'm always having to get the brand names but I'd rather use them and be as sure as possible. Good luck hun! I'm thinking of you!!
October 18th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Wow, Tina, I hope you've found a cheap test. I'm dying to know the outcome. Hoping it works out whichever way you're hoping.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
October 18th, 2012, 11:03 AM
OK, so here's the plan. I still have not told DH yet. I had a Dr. appt today for my GP just a check up and because I had high BP at the end of my PG and wanted to make sure it was back to normal. And I've been seeing stars still...still a little anemic? So he called in a Rx for me for some cream for a small rash I've had since I was 6 months PG (yikes!) and so tonight when I go get the Rx I am going to buy a HPT and do it. I'm hoping DH doesn't freak out seeing it, but he'll see it in the trash anyways so oh well. As soon as I know, I will update again, ladies.

It's now 2pm here. And DH gets home sometime after 5:30pm and I'll be set to go, so I'm hoping that by 7pm I can update you all. Wish me luck! We want another baby, but not for a little while yet. So...hoping...

October 18th, 2012, 01:36 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You shoulda had them do it for you!!! Woulda been covered by your insurance

Hope you get the answer you're hoping for. Good luck! I'll be watching for your update.
Mountain~Mama and Cylence like this.

October 18th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I was thinking the same thing... should have talked to your Dr about it and had them test you.

Good Luck tonight. Let us know how it goes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search