Spooky Season!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Sherry777

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
As it is spooky season...

What's the spookiest place you have been?

What's the spookiest thing that's ever happened to you?

Do you believe in spooks?

October 18th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
What's the spookiest place you have been? My mother-in-law's house

What's the spookiest thing that's ever happened to you? Meeting my mother-in-law

Do you believe in spooks? Yes- all kinds: evil spirits, ghosts...and my mother-in-law

October 18th, 2012, 01:29 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
One year when I was in high school we went to a cemetery that was supposedly haunted... we didn't see anything, but there was a very un easy vibe. Not sure if it was anything other then our nerves BUT I do believe. I feel like I've felt energy but never seen anything. I'm thankful for that... I know not all spirits or what have you are evil, but it sort of makes me uneasy none the less....

October 18th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's the spookiest place you have been? One of my apartments. Actually, a few of them.

What's the spookiest thing that's ever happened to you? I've had lots of scary stuff happen; doors opening and slamming on their own, a candle flame levitating off a candle I'd lit (scared the hell out of me and my roommate), lights coming on by themselves, I've seen a shadowy looking thing that was slithering along the floor ahead of me and it snaked around the corner while I followed it. When I was 16 I yelled at a ghost I thought was opening a door over and over and a picture of me slammed facedown on the table.

I swear I don't do and never have been on drugs!!

Do you believe in spooks? Absolutely. I've seen way too much not to.
October 18th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
What's the spookiest place you have been? My mom's friend's house - its a century home, creaky, echo-y...
What's the spookiest thing that's ever happened to you? I was maybe 8 or so, and me and 3 friends were "pretending" to have a seance...and one of them said "if someone is here, give us a sign" and a crow cawed and the wind picked up....it was uber creepy!
Do you believe in spooks? I think there's something out there, not sure what.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 19th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
What's the spookiest place you have been?
It's a toss-up between a 16th-century coaching house I stayed at for a wedding once, and Skipton Castle. At Skipton Castle there's one room in particular, which was the master's bedchamber, that has a horrible feel about it. Not sure what's in there but I still dream about it and don't like going in that room.

What's the spookiest thing that's ever happened to you?
At said coaching house, I got up in the night to pee. When I got back in bed, I was facing the door of the room I was sharing with my friend, and saw a shadowy figure in the doorway. While I watched it it seemed to step closer. I closed my eyes. I opened them again and it was still there, and once again, seemed to step closer. I turned my back on it and kept my eyes tight shut for the rest of the night!! It *could* just have been a shadow but it had a very humanlike form and dimensions and the movement was scary.

Do you believe in spooks? Obviously!!

October 19th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
What's the spookiest place you have been? A few specific ones come to mind - when I went to Greece as a teenager, there was a room in one of the ruins we were exploring that I just couldn't be in. A church where the chamber choir I sang in was putting on a concert - I couldn't be in the basement and I found out a couple of weeks later that it had burned down twice and there had been deaths. A house my gf rented, years ago - there were two rooms I couldn't handle (that wasn't a spirit though, something really horrible happened there and I had the delightful opportunity to explore all the aweful emotions leftover when I spent a first and last sleepless night on her couch.)

What's the spookiest thing that's ever happened to you? One that's funny now that I look back at it - we used to get visits from someone who liked to play with our bedroom lamps (they're a three step touch lamp). He'd (I believe it was a man) turn one or both on and sometimes when I'd go to shut them off, he'd turn them back on as soon as I'd pull my hand away, sometimes from off to the brightest setting instantly; it was almost like we had little arguments through them. That didn't really bother me except one night, we were in bed and had just started to doze off when my lamp suddenly came on. After swallowing my heart, I told him not to do that when we were in bed. Apparently I offended him because it stopped altogether after that. I believe he popped in to say hi about a year ago when the washer and dryer started turning on and off and going through the options and cycles (they play little songs and dings) while the three of us were sitting in the living room and no one else in the house.

Do you believe in spooks? yes. I've come across too many of them to not believe.

Last edited by Corrupt; October 19th, 2012 at 06:10 AM.
October 19th, 2012, 09:26 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I'm not sure on spookiest place.

Yes, I've seen things that I wish I hadn't. I fought very hard for about a year to stop seeing the scary stuff I was seeing.

Yup, I do believe.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

Tags
halloween questions

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search