Baby Hair and Eye Colour

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
What colour are baby's hair and eyes?

Has he or she inherited either from you or DP?

October 19th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Veteran
Light blond on top and brown hair at the back, and his eyes are blue. The hair and eyes he gets from DH. His hair in the back should turn blond too, my youngest daughters hair did the same thing. DH hair now are dark blond, with blue eyes. My hair is light brown with brown eyes. I wonder if Ryan will get my brown eyes. None of my other kids did. His eyes are still real blue.

Last edited by jesslynn2000; October 19th, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
October 19th, 2012, 07:48 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Emily has dark blond/light brown hair and blue eyes. DH and I both had blondish hair when we were little that darkened when we got older so it will probably be the same with her. DH has hazel eyes and I have green and Emily's are starting to get a green tint so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the color they end up. But who knows, they could turn hazel or even stay blue (like DH's mom and my grandmother).

October 19th, 2012, 07:58 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Finn has light brown hair and blue eyes right now which seem to be changing color. David has light brown hair and light green eyes. I have naturally dark hair and brown eyes. I can't see that happening with Finn.

October 19th, 2012, 08:05 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Well Ava is a mini me so its no surprise that she's got my dirty blonde/light brown hair color and her eyes have gone blue. I know they can change, but I don't think they will. From what I've googled with her having a green eyed dad and blue eyed mom, it's 50/50 she'll get one of those colors, so I'll be happy either way, but prefer they stay blue.
October 19th, 2012, 08:09 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Melanie, you're wrong. My niece had blue eyes until she was over one year old then they turned chocolate brown.

Paxton has blue eyes and really light brown har. He probably won't keep the blue eyes no matter how much I wish he would. Doc's eyes were blue then blue-green until he was two then they turned hazel which is my eye color. DH has brown eyes so they could be brown like his. We both have dark brown air so I'm sure hus hair will darken too.

October 19th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Pippa has dark brown/black hair with ginger eyebrows and dark blue eyes.
She is pretty much George's twin...if he were a girl.

October 19th, 2012, 08:17 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
All brown here. Both of our eyes are brown, so that's not going to change. But DH has black hair and mine is brown. However, his hair is just like mine right now so I expect it to stay brown.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

October 19th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
Taryn's hair is like an dirty blonde, but sometimes in the sun I keep seeing red. *grumbles* It better not turn red....

Her eyes are still a blue/gray but somedays they are kind of dark & the insides look like a smokey brown. I'd love for them to stay blue, but I have a feeling they're gonna go brown.

The hair color comes from hubby & I collectively. The curls come from hubby. If the red I'm seeing in her hair is real.. that's ALL me. *grumbles again* If her eyes stay blue gray, that's all me too, but she literally looks so much like her daddy it's scary lol

Last edited by Cylence; October 19th, 2012 at 08:40 AM.
October 19th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Brown hair with an dark auburn tinge, blond at the crown and getting lighter every day. We think he'll end up blonde as DH was white blonde until he was 5 or 6. I don't think it will go red, although two separate hairdressers think it will always have a reddish tinge to it (mine, and I drove my sister to her appointment - both independently brought it up without being asked!).

Blue eyes that are going a light blue like DH's. Mine are blueish/greenish, so figured they'd end up blue.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 19th, 2012, 11:14 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Right now he has black straight hair and his baby blue eyes. I think the hair colour might stay but not his eyes. Rich has curly black hair and I have curly brown hair. Rich's eyes are hazel and mine are grey-blue.
October 19th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Mom to Madeline
Medium brown, but the new growth coming in is a light brown...and it's getting long. It's already an inch down her neck!

Her eyes are still blue...which I hope they stay! I have blonde hair/blue eyes and DH has dark brown hair/green eyes.
October 19th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Veteran
blue eyes from me :-) and i think she has strawberry blonde hair but she really does not have enough to say lol

huge thank you to *kiliki* for the amazing siggy!
October 19th, 2012, 06:44 PM
amyinwonderland's Avatar Rylan & Delaney's Mommy
Rylan barely has any hair but it appears what little she has is dirty blonde. She gets that from both sides. So far her eyes are deep blue. Mine are hazel and her father's are blue so there's a chance they will stay that way.
October 19th, 2012, 11:48 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Hair is a dark, dark brown. . . Almost black.

Eyes are dark blue - Will turn brown like her sisters I am sure.

I think right now, her hair is closer to daddies. DD1 has my natural hair color.

Tags
baby questions

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search