Babywearing Mommahs - Check in!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree34Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2012, 12:49 AM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Now that the babies are a few months old I thought I'd do an update babywearing post - As I am falling more in love with it the second time around!

Who's still babywearing?
What are you using?
How often are you wearing your little?
Pictures!

October 22nd, 2012, 12:57 AM
I wear Adalyn on a daily basis. . . She's a mommahs girl, and I think her reflux has a lot to do with not liking being put down in many places, so I wear her a lot - Especially in the evenings when I need to do the dishes or cook dinner. I also try to take the girls on a walk a few days a week, in which most the time I wear her rather then push her.

I've been using an Ergo for the past 2 years now, since my oldest was 6 months, and I love it! However, a few weeks ago I got the itch to get something different to try out. I decided on a ring sling. I went with a girasol wrap converted ring sling and I am IN.LOVE. I got frustrated at first, and I am still breaking it in and figuring it out. . . But both Adalyn and I absolutely LOVE it. I'll reach for that over my Ergo most days now. I keep my Ergo in the car - Because it's good the keep her out of the sun when we're out and about outside {like at the pumpkin patch} and my RS is always in the house, though I do take it when I run errands because it's quick and easy. Not to mention, it's sooooo pretty!!! Adalyn loves it, as soon as I put her in she starts talking away. Then she falls asleep and peacefully snoozes. And when I take her out? Tears. She also loves being in the Ergo, but seems to enjoy the RS better.

Here's a few pictures over the past month of us baby wearing.

Ergo

And 15 minutes later, she was knocked out.

RS - Cradle/nursing hold.

RS - This is our favorite carry, and it's easy to move her down to the cradle hold to nurse.

Same carry, different angel. Knocked out.

October 22nd, 2012, 02:39 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Ava loves being worn! I always use it out shopping, unless she's asleep in her car seat, which is rare. She was in the ergo for about 4.5 hours Saturday at the pumpkin patch/fall festival thing. I really want something quick and easy to put her in, but no idea what to get. Then I'd be afraid I'd never use the ergo too.

No picture
AllyssaM likes this.
October 22nd, 2012, 03:57 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I wear Sarah pretty much everyday, to the bus stop, grocery shopping, going for a walk, to the park... So far I've just worn her in my wrap, I don't like wearing my ergo on my belly so I probably wont use it much until I can put her on my back.

October 22nd, 2012, 05:05 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I wear Paxton whenever we go out to the store or for walks or downstairs to get Doc off the bus or pick him up from therapy. I don't wear him in the house as much as I thought I would mostly because I find the wearing him in the front hinders me a lot.but I think once he's old enough to be worn on my hip and back I'll probably wear him to do chores. I use my Gira wrap. Love it. Eventually we're getting an Ergo too so Bobby can wear him and I can stop having to take me wrap out. I hate how it drags on the ground when I'm wrapping him in a parking lot. All my pics are on FB.

Allyssa, did your Gira come broken in already?
AllyssaM likes this.

October 22nd, 2012, 05:14 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I wear Harper pretty much daily, I use a babasling, sleepy wrap and ergo. I have no pics, well I do but I'm on my phone ATM.
AllyssaM likes this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
October 22nd, 2012, 05:36 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
I wear Farah in in the wrap whenever we're out shopping, park, playgroup. I only wear her while doing housework if it's the only way it's getting done - too much bending for a fron't carry (and I'm not adept enough to feel comfortable putting her on my back yet).
She was in the mei tai one day when I forgot thr wrap at home. I had to roll the bottom a bit so she didn't get lost but it worked pretty well.
I don't know if I have any recent pics...
AllyssaM likes this.
October 22nd, 2012, 07:27 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
We don't leave the house much. I wear him any time we do. My husband was making fun of my selection of carriers the other day in the van. I keep them all in the van and I use them all depending on what we are doing. I'm still using the pocket sling or baby wrap the most. He's 14lbs, so he is still very comfortable in those. I've used my Sugar Tai and Ergo a couple of times, but it just seems like too much carrier for such a little baby at this point.
AllyssaM likes this.

October 22nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who's still babywearing? Me!
What are you using? I was using my Slinglings pocket sling the most, but then hubby washed and accidentally dried it the other day and because I'm not losing the weight like I thought I would it now no longer fits. I use my ergo most and sometimes my Mei Tai at home. I do have a SBP ring sling coming to my mailbox very soon though.
How often are you wearing your little? I wear her at some point almost every day.
Pictures!

Mountain~Mama, AllyssaM and magz88 like this.

Jan 2010 August 2011

October 22nd, 2012, 09:18 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
We use it daily. I wear him when I am home alone to work in the garden, for short walk to Timmie's or just around the block, and to go into stores.

We use the mei tai only - I have worn him forward facing a few times because he likes to look around and then flip him around when he falls asleep. I know it's not supposed to be good for them but he likes it and it is for periods of 15 minutes or so.
AllyssaM likes this.
October 22nd, 2012, 09:54 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Summer doesn't care for being worn very much. I've been trying to get her in the Moby once a day... if not, at least 4 or 5 times a week. When we were on vacation she did really well in the Ergo with DH, but the one time I tried it she screamed bloody murder!!! LOL I also have a sling, wore her once in it but I sort of feel like the sling might be a little big... I wish I had a friend IRL who could give me pointers and take a look :/
HORRIBLE picture of me, no makeup mess but oh well LOL

DH and Summer in Frankenmuth

October 22nd, 2012, 10:47 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I have a Baby K'Tan, New Native sling, and an Ergo.

My favorite is the Baby K'Tan. I have only worn it at home. That warning about wearing babies under 4 months has me freaked out. I am so afraid she is going to fall. There are so many ways to wear it, and I am still working on getting it on perfectly.

I will try to get pictures.
AllyssaM likes this.

October 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry777 View Post
I have a Baby K'Tan, New Native sling, and an Ergo.

My favorite is the Baby K'Tan. I have only worn it at home. That warning about wearing babies under 4 months has me freaked out. I am so afraid she is going to fall. There are so many ways to wear it, and I am still working on getting it on perfectly.

I will try to get pictures.
A warning about the K'tan? It's actually the other way around. Stretchies are best for younger babies. Once they start reaching and squiggling a lot and become heavier then you should stop using a stretchy carrier.

October 22nd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Love all these squishy babywearing pics!

October 22nd, 2012, 02:50 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wear Emmett from sun up to sundown, because he cries if I try to put hi mdown anywhere. The pedi gave us zantac today so hopefully that'll help. In the mean time, THANK GOD for babywearing!

I reach for the ergo sport most of the time.

moby

in a pocket that I didn't like with my DD and still don't like-

beco-

ergo sport-

October 22nd, 2012, 06:36 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I have a moby and peanut sling - waiting to use the peanut sling till he gets older. Tried the moby a few times and he's super hard to get into it and I find it's not worth the trouble. I may try again now that he's older. I also have an ergo fund, just have to actually go get it, they're harder to find around here.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 23rd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicWife View Post
A warning about the K'tan? It's actually the other way around. Stretchies are best for younger babies. Once they start reaching and squiggling a lot and become heavier then you should stop using a stretchy carrier.
The warning is printed on the instructions straight from Baby K'Tan. This is straight from their website regarding safety. Look at the paragraph under No. 5.

http://www.babyktan.com/safetyinfo1.html

Last edited by Sherry777; October 23rd, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
October 23rd, 2012, 11:23 AM
I think that means check on them to make sure they are positioned properly, like check the air way and chin position and all that because before four months head control is iffy. I don't think it means they're in danger of falling out. The K'tan is pretty snug.
afwifey09 likes this.

October 23rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
I still suck at getting all the positions right. The videos online make it look so easy.

October 23rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Who's still babywearing? All the time.
What are you using? Mostly the Beco and Babyhawk. But I also have an Ergo and Peanut Shell sling.
How often are you wearing your little? Every time we go out, sometimes in the house.
Pictures!

6 days old in the Babyhawk at Target

In the Beco at Sesame Place

In the Peanut Shell waiting for big brother at the school bus stop.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search