**Complete and utter TMI** Hemorrhoids

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 04:26 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Is anyone else suffering or is it just me?

I had two that never went away but had become really small and not bothering me from my first birth, and then when I was PG with Michaela I got two more. Despite not having a vaginal birth, I think probably due to straining in the early days with being on iron etc, they have become really quite swollen and sore - they make it difficult to "go", and bleed most times.

I've got some Germoloids to use on them and will see the doctor if it doesn't work. What's anyone else doing about them?

October 23rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I had them very bad right after Sarah was born. It took several weeks for them to finally go away. I was miserable.
October 23rd, 2012, 08:04 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine went away... but they seem to be coming back

I have suppositories but I'm nervous to use them!

October 23rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Yes, I got some. The funny thing is, I got them more AFTER she was born from some constipation issues I was having. :/ I don't do anything, other than try to take hot baths and sit in there for awhile.

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

October 23rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
I got some small ones after she was born and I left the hospital. But they seemed to have gone away for the most part.

October 23rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
I have them too. What a nightmare. Not sure what to do.

October 24th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea I have 2 I think. It SUCKS. Anyone else feel like they are passing shards of glass sometimes? Not fun. Mine don't always bother me, I mean I know they are there but I feel like I have flare ups.

October 24th, 2012, 09:37 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I don't have the right now but I have in the past. This is what shrunk them for me when they were really inflamed:

Get in the shower. Run the water as hot as you can stand on the afflicted area. Get your self away from the stream of water. Immediately turn the water to very cold. Run the water over the afflicted area. You will lose your breath, but the area will tighten up in response to the very clod water.

I used to run the cold for as long as I could stand to get them as tight as possible. I kept doing that for a while and it helped greatly. Didn't take too many treatments. It doesn't really help with any itching though,
October 24th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the absolute worst ever (!!!) after Caiden's birth. What helped the most were Sitz baths. I didn't soak too long, just enough to get the heat on them. I'd take 3-4 a day, seriously.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

October 25th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckrLeesMommy View Post
Anyone else feel like they are passing shards of glass sometimes?.
I guess you can add me to the list. I'd suspected but wasn't sure. Fantastic.
October 25th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Yes I definitely get the shards of glass feeling. Mine are not itchy, just sore. I'll try that Maggie, thanks.

October 25th, 2012, 10:01 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I had them really bad right after. They are still there but are bearable. My best advice is to use wet wipes instead of TP and clean really well. I know this is a taboo subject but I read that the itching is from the poo so clean up well. Eat lots of fiber, make it so you don't have to strain at all and go every day. Get some Tuck's pads or whatever is the equivalent over there and stick them back there. Get some witch hazel wipes or just some witch hazel and soak the TP in it. In a pinch soak TP in water. Never use dry TP. Take baths, sitz or normal. Don't spend long amounts of time on the potty, no reading. Don't sit for too long but don't stand for too long either, both in moderation. It'll get better with time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search