Pumping accomplishments / tips

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Sherry777

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 08:40 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I still get up to pump at midnight and at 3:00 a.m. even though Pippa sleeps 8 hours. I found a way to make it less exhausting, though! I put on my Medela hands free bra, and then I set the alarm. I grab my blanket & pillow, and sit upright with my head on the side of the couch. I sleep for 20 minutes, and I wake up with a lot of pumped milk! At first I did it on accident because I was just so tired. Then I started doing it on purpose. It's much better than watching bad cable/infomercials.

Also, at work when I pump, I found that chugging about 40 ounces of liquid beforehand (also known as "priming the pump") and breast massage yield double the milk. I run my fingers gently down my entire breast towards the nipple. If you ever get engorged from going too long between pumping or nursing, you can feel which parts of your breast get hardest. Focus more on those areas. I filled 4 bottles yesterday just while I was at work.

October 23rd, 2012, 03:02 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
You are one dedicated lady, Sherry.
October 23rd, 2012, 03:27 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

How far in advance do you down the 40 ounces? Like seconds before pumping... 20 min? Etc

October 23rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I try to drink that much in about 2 hours before I pump.

October 23rd, 2012, 07:15 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I had a pumping accomplishment... I've been doing horrible with pumping. I NEED to get on it to help my supply because Summer still isn't gaining properly

October 24th, 2012, 08:51 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I'm in awe for sure. I hardly pump and I really need to.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

October 25th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
wtg!

I'm pretty happy with what I do. I do drink a lot of water and milky drinks, I pump every four hours in the day and once in the night. I go to bed when my son does to compensate and Shaun does Michaela's supper, that's how I get round the sleep, and my insomnia is in hand now thanks to Rescue Remedy Night. I get between 150-210ml per session (the first morning one and the night one tend to be 210, the two middle ones tend to be 180, and the final one because it's never quite four hours tends to be 150). I don't want to increase my supply, I am happy with Michaela having 5 breast milk bottles plus one formula, if I pumped anymore it would start to compromise other things such as the time I have for my son.

October 25th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You are super mom!

October 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I'm jealous that Pippa sleeps 8 hours! That's amazing! You are a pumping goddess, that's for sure!

I pump when I wake up in the morning (after my shower) and that yields the best results and then 2-3 times while I'm at work. I don't pump in the middle of the night because I already have to wake up once or twice to feed Emily. Although last night she woke up at 2, presumably to eat, but then fell asleep as soon as I put her to the boob. So she actually made it 8 hours without eating.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search