Is it a tummy ache?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By afwifey09
  • 1 Post By AllyssaM
  • 1 Post By aubers68
  • 1 Post By K.A.T
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
It started yesterday, after her her 3pm feeding. I fed her & she practically spit every bit of it up and then started getting fussy, eating her hands. I did my usual round of What-Will-Make-You-Happy? and discovered that she wanted to be laid on her back (in my arms or on the boppy, she didn't care) with her pacifier. She didn't seem interested in food, but I was able to get her to eat 2 oz around 8.
She zoned in and out of sleep, until I put her in her crib around 10. She fussed once, I went & held the pacifier for her and placed one of my shirts next to her. She then slept until 6:30am.

This morning, she was in a good mood. Still is, but again, she wants to be laid on her back, sucking her pacifier, zoning in & out of sleep. More so than she usually does. She ate her full 4 ounces at 6:30 & then again at 10:30, which kind of surprised me.

She doesn't have a fever and nothing else really seems to be out of place, but I'm slightly concerned. Anybody know if it's a tummy ache or what's going on?
October 24th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Mom to Madeline
I know Madeline's tummy has been a bit off and they are the same age. I know their digestive systems start changing around this time...so maybe that's it?

Or, it could just be a tummy ache, tummy bug, painful gas, constipation

Or, could be a growth spurt and she just wants to sleep and relax for now.
October 24th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Usually, with a growth spurt, she's still active. So, I've sort of ruled that out. Their digestive systems change? Hmmmm I'll have to do some googling.b
October 24th, 2012, 12:37 PM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Ugh. I hate you, lol. She'll sleep in her crib without being snuck in while asleep already AND sleeps through the night?! Just not fair.
Cylence and Jessimaaka like this.
October 24th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Last night was a fluke *laughs* Usually I have to sneak her in after she's passed out lol
October 24th, 2012, 05:33 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
I'd saw growth spurt - Just because she's been her usual self in previous spurts doesn't mean it can't change for future ones I'd say since she is eating, doesn't have a fever and isn't upset, that she's fine. If she wasn't feeling well, she'd let you know
Cylence likes this.

October 24th, 2012, 06:51 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm voting growth spurt as well... only because that seems to be how Summer has been the past few days, and she's right around her 3 month mark.
Cylence likes this.

October 24th, 2012, 08:20 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Growth spurt. E has been a grump the past two days and eating more.
Cylence likes this.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

October 25th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Eric's mom think she's starting to teeth. She watched her for me for a couple hours today & said that the way she was eating her hands & whimpering in her sleep (sometimes waking up screaming) makes her think it could be the start of it.

I dunno, we'll see. It could go both ways at this point. All day, she was pretty much the same and actually eating a little less. I had to make her eat at 8, before bedtime.
We'll see how she's acting tomorrow.
October 25th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Michaela is like this sometimes, particularly in the evenings, and we believe it's colic, teething, or a mix of the two.
Cylence likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search