Day in the Life of Jacque & Taryn *Pic heavy*

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree33Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
I chose Monday, October 22 2012 to do this. Due to some family issues at home, I didn't get anything past 6pm, but Taryn & I still had an eventful day, nonetheless

Enjoy!

Taryn woke up around 4am, this morning. So I fed her and laid her back down. Afterwards, I cleaned the house up, got ready for the day & started doing some graphic work for a client.
As you can see, our house is like a huge studio apartment. We renovated Eric's dad's old machine shop. It works for now, but we're in the process of clearing some of his parent's land to build a house.

Around 7:30, I could hear her waking up, so I finished up what I was doing and walked outside to smoke a cigarette.

It's Clyde's turn to come outside! So, I let him out on his leash and go inside to wake the lizard.

I can hear Taryn is now fully awake, so I make her a bottle & get her from her bed.

It's diaper change time! Then we snuggle in my chair and she's sucks down her food as I take a picture of her cute little frog feet

Messy baby

Afterwards, we head into the kitchen so I can clean up the kitchen. She sits in her chair and plays, talking up a storm & just laughing.

Taryn finally gets bored, right as I finish up, so I take her outside to enjoy some fresh air.

I'd now like to introduce you to the awesomeness of a trash dump we have, courtesy of Eric's employer

Yes, ladies, that is a rubix cube and yes, it does turn. Not in all directions, however.

Taryn starts her "I'm sleepy" fuss, so we head back inside, cuddle on in my chair & watch a little bit of TV. And yes, I'm watching Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition. Those mom's catfights get downright hilarious. I'd say it's now about 10am.

Taryn passes out, shortly & I finish up some graphic work.

Taryn woke up about 30 minutes later, hungry. We went into the kitchen, I made myself a quick burrito and her a bottle and then we sat down to eat.

Afterwards, I let her play on her playmat, while I finish up my lunch.

Eric calls and asks me to go ahead and go into town, so I can renew the tags, since he needs the truck the following day. So, I change Taryn into some less messy clothes & we head out.

That's our driveway

And I took a quick shot of our drive into town - it's 20 minutes to town. Gotta love the country.

Where are we at, mom?

Getting the tags renewed - we're legal

Next stop is our local health department, to fill out some paperwork. Taryn wants a snack, so I feed her while we wait.

We finish up and head home. Pandora is waiting for us when we get back. The look on her face almost says "Where the hell have you been?!"

Poor Taryn is wore out. So is mommy.

I decided we'd snuggle in the recliner and take a nap until daddy got home. We laid down and Taryn spit up EVERYWHERE. So, I changed her and we laid back down. She went out quickly & I wasn't far behind.

Not pictured:
Eric got home around 6pm. We ate dinner and Taryn ate once more around 8pm before falling asleep for the evening. You really aren't missing much, promise

So, that's your look into our lives. Hope you enjoyed it

Last edited by Cylence; October 25th, 2012 at 12:03 AM.
October 25th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I love where you live, Jacque!

Taryn is such a cutie. What a gorgeous smile. And you look great mama!
Cylence likes this.

October 25th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Fun! She is so happy most of the time! Love all the pretty fall colours

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 25th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie View Post
I love where you live, Jacque!

Taryn is such a cutie. What a gorgeous smile. And you look great mama!
Aw, thanks Sharron!
It's beautiful out here, but it does have it's disadvantages (like the 20 minute drive into town - sucked for cravings when I was pregnant) lol We live on 90 acres. Behind us is woods & a creek and another field for the horses. We're clearing out a place by the creek to build our house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaaka View Post
Fun! She is so happy most of the time! Love all the pretty fall colours
She's a very happy baby when something isn't pissing her off *laughs* And that IS one thing I love about where I live. During the season changes, it almost looks like a painter's canvas!

Last edited by Cylence; October 25th, 2012 at 07:45 AM.
October 25th, 2012, 08:12 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I hate be a Negative Nelly and I did enjoy your pics but you have to fix your car seat. I realize you have to put the seat in the front because it's a truck and I hope you have the air bags turned off on that side. But the seat belt goes through the seat, not over top of it and her harness needs to be tightened significantly. Other than that I loved the glimpse into your world.
AllyssaM and yrlilangel like this.

October 25th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She is just so squishy. I'm jealous that she is such an easy baby. I can't set my little one down with out her crying. And yes her harness does need to be tighter. I was doing mine all wrong too and my cousin taught me how to do it. Make sure the clip is lined up with her nipples (across her sternum). Her shoulder straps need to be snug, you should not be able to pinch it. I love your land. It is gorgeous and thanks for picturing your dogs. They are adorable.
AllyssaM likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my wonderful siggy.

October 25th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Yeh, the airbags are off, but there isn't a place to put the strap through the bottom. When we left the hospital, I made the nurse approve of the way she would be in the front seat & she said it was fine? Hmmmm

And I'll check her harness right now.
yrlilangel likes this.
October 25th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Just to be on the safe side you might try to find a car seat inspection site and have it checked again, the nurse may not have been qualified in car seat safety.

Car Seat Inspection Station Locator | NHTSA

I loved your pics, looks like Taryn is a happy girl!
AllyssaM and Cylence like this.
October 25th, 2012, 09:07 AM
As far as I know if you're not usi g the base is the only time you should thread the seat belt through the actual carrier. I've always read it's safer to use the base. Does your truck have the LATCH system? If it was made after 2002 it should have. If you can't use LATCH and you're not using the base then as long as the carrier cannot be moved more than an inch in any direction it should be ok. At least based on my research.
AllyssaM and Cylence like this.

October 25th, 2012, 09:11 AM
We do have a base, but it was in grandma's car & she wasn't home for me to grab it.
When I secure her in without the base, I tighten the belt as tight as it will go and then lock it. That thing doesn't budge for anything.

I will check again, to be sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain~Mama View Post
Just to be on the safe side you might try to find a car seat inspection site and have it checked again, the nurse may not have been qualified in car seat safety.
She better have been qualified, she was the head nurse of labor & delivery! *laughs*
October 25th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Mom to Madeline
Too cute! Y'all were busy! Also, which bouncer is that? So cute!
October 25th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
cute!! Thats so cool that you guys get to build your own house!! We don't exactly have land out here in CA so unless we bought a house to tear down we could never do that!
Cylence likes this.
October 25th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkhighheels27 View Post
Too cute! Y'all were busy! Also, which bouncer is that? So cute!
The one in her crib is this one:
Fisher-Price - My Little Snugabunny Baby Bouncer Seat - Walmart.com

We got this as a gift at the baby shower & it's been one of our most used items. She was SO small when we brought her home that I felt uncomfortable leaving her in her crib, so I stuck this in there & she freakin loves it! It vibrates & plays music and it stays on for a good while, so you don't have to keep walking in her room to reset it.
October 25th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Well then you're doing it right. Just tighten up her harness and I'll be a happy Negative Nelly. Sorry to nag, having recently been in a car accident with my babies I have become insane about car seat safety. I fully believe having my kids properly harnessed in their car seats is what stopped them from getting hurt at all. We were hit from the back and I was actually in the back with them. My head snapped back so hard my glasses landed on the dash behind me. I was aching for days and couldn't lift my right arm or look up. My kids got not even a scratch or bruise. I'm even keeping my oldest in a harness as long as humanly possible after that incident. Anyway, sorry to derail the thread, just wanted to explain. Love your pics.
LadyCoconut, AllyssaM and Cylence like this.

October 25th, 2012, 11:21 AM
It's quite alright, I'd much rather make sure baby is safe

I'm glad everyone was ok after the accident.. I've only had one in my life (flipped my car) & it scared the hell out of me.
October 25th, 2012, 01:30 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Loved the pics - Thank's for joining in the fun!
Cylence likes this.

October 25th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Veteran
she is too cute! i love the carseat that is the pattren i wanted but everwhere was all out when i went to go and buy them. i love your house too!
Cylence likes this.

huge thank you to *kiliki* for the amazing siggy!
October 25th, 2012, 03:46 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really enjoyed that. Taryn is a cutie and your lunch made me hungry
Cylence likes this.

October 25th, 2012, 04:03 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
L&D nurses aren't qualified as carseat techs, at least they aren't here.

Loooove the pics, Taryn is such a pretty baby and you live in such a lovely area
Cylence likes this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

October 25th, 2012, 05:00 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Love the Rubik's cube thing. Taryn is so cute.
Cylence likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search