Completely discouraged...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Pinkhighheels27
  • 2 Post By AllyssaM
  • 2 Post By mama4life

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2012, 02:05 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Well, it looks like Finn's reflux has spun out of control. I called his pediatrician and I'll bring Finn in to see him tomorrow.
We went to have his pictures done today and after I nursed him everything and I mean everything came up. I can't believe this is happening. I started eliminating foods from my diet but so far it doesn't seem to have helped. I have been in tears all afternoon.
As soon as I got in the door I made him a bottle of formula and he drank the whole 6 ounces when normally he takes 5. He's obviously hungry and hasn't spit it up.
I feel terrible, not because I gave him formula (personally I don't care how he is fed as long as he is healthy) but because obviously he is in pain.
I hope to hell this gets sorted out tomorrow.

October 25th, 2012, 02:28 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
hugs! Poor Cora has trouble with vomiting as well. I think its a combo of my let down being too fast, and food sensitivities. She's done better since i completely eliminated dairy. When i was still eating it, she could shoot it clear across the room. She also does fine with breast milk in a bottle because she can control the flow.

70% of reflux cases in babies are caused by milk sensitivity. I encourage you to look into that.

October 25th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Super Mommy
:hugs: I'm praying for you and Finn.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
October 25th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Mom to Madeline
Zantac and Soy formula has helped Madeline tremendously! Good luck!
1fabulousfem likes this.
October 25th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Thank God for this Enfamil A+ right now. I have a feeling he's going to give us Zantac tomorrow. In the meantime I'm going to pump and try not to worry to death.

October 25th, 2012, 03:27 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Does he get upset when he spits up?

Unless he's unhappy or not gaining, the Dr most likely won't give you any meds for it. That's how my oldest was. It can also take 2-3 weeks for the elimination diet to work. But I bet that if you give that a good chance, it'll help him.
MosaicWife and mama4life like this.

October 25th, 2012, 05:09 PM
He wasn't getting upset before but now he fusses afterwards and gets hungry right away. It isn't a tablespon of spit up coming out. It's a heck of a lot more than that.
I have started to eliminate dairy but it is still too early to tell.

Last edited by 1fabulousfem; October 25th, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
October 25th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Mom to Madeline
Well, reflux and dairy Intolerances are two different things. I know, bc Madeline has both. Hopefully, they'll give you the Zantac tomorrow. It takes around 7-10 days to show improvement, but it has worked wonders for us.
October 25th, 2012, 06:05 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I hope the pediatrician can help get things figured out for you guys.
October 25th, 2012, 07:19 PM
His pediatrician said it was reflux and as long as it didn't bother him we weren't going to give him anything.
Well, tomorrow we're getting the meds.

October 25th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Super Mommy
Try the meds...hopefully they will help. But, I still want to encourage you to keep nursing. It's one of those 6 of one, half a dozen of the other kinds of problems because sure he is spitting a lot, but the effects of formula might not be all that great either, after some time. My daughter projectile vomited 3-4 times for every feeding for the first 9 months of her life and everything I tried to fix it would work...initially. And then it would stop working and we were back to more of the same. In hindsight, I would go back and try chiropractic for her. I have heard some awesome testimonies of babies who got slight adjustments and it solved their reflux. Anyhow, hopefully the meds will help, at least enough so that it makes you feel better about how he's doing. Most babies grow out of spitting up by around 5-7 months, which, I know seems like a long time....but in light of something big like switching completely to formula, it's short in the grand scheme of it all.
AllyssaM and MosaicWife like this.

October 26th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aubrey is on Zantac and it has helped SOOOOO much. Finn will start feeling better as soon as you give it to him!

Thank you Vicki for my wonderful siggy.

October 26th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Mary, are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? Finn's appointment is at 6:40 tonight. I'll update as soon as I have news.

October 26th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She's been on formula since she was a month old. We've been on 4 different formulas. She is doing great on similac sensitive.

Thank you Vicki for my wonderful siggy.

October 26th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs!!!

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search