Legs

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By Cylence
  • 2 Post By MosaicWife
  • 2 Post By LadyCoconut
  • 1 Post By Pinkhighheels27
  • 5 Post By afwifey09
  • 3 Post By Mountain~Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2012, 07:48 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
So I don't focus on milestones for any other reason than to tell me what things I can work on with Ava. The only one shes not really doing is supporting her weight on her legs. She'll do it every now and then, but she'd much rather just plop down and sit than stand. She kicks like a maniac when laying, pushes against my hands if I push her feet, but then a whole lot of nothing when I hold her in standing position.

With that being said, what other things can I do to help her get used to it or should I just wait and let her do it in her own time?

My Ovulation Chart
October 26th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
I do the same thing, but if I remember correctly, this is considered an advanced skill for a 2 month old.
I was planning on getting Taryn an activity jumper because she does love being in a standing position, but I bet it would also get Ava accustom to it & strengthen her legs, as well.

Baby Einstein - Musical Motion Activity Jumper, Blue: Gear : Walmart.com - That's the one I want. It's so colorful, I'm jealous I can't play in it *laughs*
afwifey09 likes this.
October 26th, 2012, 10:33 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Paxton didn't start showing interest or strenth in standing until recently. Dominic liked it from an early age but this guy was like a rag doll. I just kep trying it out every now and then, about once a week or so to see if he liked it and just recently he's been able to hold himself up on his own legs (with me holding him of course). It's really not that big of a deal. Av.'s not going to start walking at 2 months old. And you're not going to be able to put er in an exersaucer or jumperoo just yet anyway. Just keep doing what you're doing to build up her leg muscles and one day she'll surprise you. And I would say as long as she's able to bear her weight on her legs by 4 months (just a guess) then she's fine milestone-wise.
AllyssaM and afwifey09 like this.

October 26th, 2012, 10:33 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's just two months old... I wouldn't worry about it at all! But if you want to encourage her to bear weight on her legs then I guess a johnny jumper type thing would be a good idea. They're only like $20 at target. I loved having a doorway jumper

afwifey09 and Cylence like this.

October 26th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Mom to Madeline
Madeline will push up on her legs when I hold her up, plop back down, then push up. Not sure if that counts for anything, though?

I'm not really concerned about the standing thing for now...it's still way early. I'll try putting her in jumperoo in about a month and go from there.
afwifey09 likes this.
October 26th, 2012, 01:15 PM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Jac, she loves her jumperoo for looking around and just being upright in general, buuutt.. her legs don't reach yet, so it doesn't help just yet! I guess I will get one of those doorway jumpers! I was thinking the jumperoo would negate the need for that, guess not!

Thanks, ladies, that makes me feel better. I'd seen so many posts about other moms saying their babies were using their legs, so I was wondering what else I could do. I guess some people like to make their babies out to be baby Einsteins.

My Ovulation Chart
October 26th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
One thing we have to remember, especially in this group, is that we have a lot of early birds *giggles at the pun* so many babies are ahead of our own.

I didn't think about a jumperoo being too tall... Hmmm I might have to get a doorway jumper myself!
October 26th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Pishhhh my baby is the Einstein of all Einsteins.
afwifey09, Cylence and Jessimaaka like this.
October 26th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, no worries! One of my friend's kids didn't try to bear his own weight on his legs at.all. until he was over nine months. I mean, I actually was kinda worried, wondering why he didn't at the time, but he still walked at around a year and has shown absolutely no signs that it was even an issue back when it seemed like it was, and he's smart and active four year old now. As far as developmental and physical milestones, I think the whole first year is all over the place from one kid to the next.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search