A Day in the Life of Adrienne and Jackson

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I've been really fortunate to be on maternity leave for Jackson's first three months. I go back to work in two weeks, and our daily routine will drastically change. So I decided to share a typical Sunday because that's a day of the week that won't change, when DH and I are both home.

12:00-12:20am

First nursing session of the night. Jackson went to sleep around 9:00pm. I sometimes get him to sleep for four hours during that first stretch of the night, but three hours is more typical. His diaper is still dry, so at least I don't have to get out of bed.

1:30-2:15am

Second nursing session of the night. This one involves a diaper change, but he goes back to sleep easily.

4:00-4:45am

Third nursing session of the night. This one also involves a diaper change. He usually keeps his eyes closed throughout nighttime diaper changes and goes to sleep really easily afterward. However, he was pretty awake after this one, even flashing me some smiles. I feed him from the other breast, and he passes back out.

6:15am

Jackson starts grunting, which is typical anywhere from 4-7am. He's basically still asleep, but he's trying to poop. It's usually accompanied by kicking his feet and moving his arms periodically. This makes it pretty much impossible for me to sleep (since we keep him in our room). So DH usually gets up with him on the weekends when the grunting starts and lets me get some uninterrupted sleep. I always have some breast milk in the refrigerator, so DH can feed him with the bottle.

8:30am

I wake up, realize the time, and rush to get dressed. I want to get to Trader Joe's and back before the Eagles game starts at 10:00am, and I still need to pump. (I'm trying to build up a bit of a freezer stash for my return to work.)

I head downstairs to find Jackson asleep on his daddy, who has already changed a poopy diaper and dressed him. As if he senses I'm in the room, he wakes up within five minutes.

8:40am

I pump and then realize there's no way I have time to shop and get back before the game, so I decide to wait until the afternoon. I'm super-hungry, so I make a breakfast of oatmeal with pecans and some decaf coffee. I watch DH play with Jackson until he starts getting fussy and wants to eat (Jackson and his daddy ).

9:30am

I nurse Jackson, who starts fussing at my boob, which usually means he needs to poop or he needs to burp, so I try to burp him, but he doesn't. I figure it's poop, so I just let him lie on the Boppy, and we have a conversation. Out of nowhere, he pukes on me and himself, so he gets his second wardrobe change of the day.

After changing his clothes, I realize that I need to do a load of his laundry. So I drop that in the washer.

We then head downstairs to hang out, mess around on the computer, and watch the Eagles game.

10:15am

I nurse Jackson, and then we have a conversation. Just click the pic below to hear it.

11:15am

It's halftime in the football game, so I head upstairs for a quick shower, while DH entertains Jackson.

11:45am-12:30pm

I come back downstairs, and DH tells me that Jackson is starving! So I feed him again. I think it was more that he was fighting sleep, which he does all the time. Eating usually puts him to sleep at least for a little while and I started leaking in the shower, so I give it a go. He falls asleep while nursing.

12:30pm

Jackson wakes up, so I give him to his daddy. I pump again, and then I head out to Trader Joe's.

2:00pm

I get home to a baby crying while daddy tries to give a bottle. I feed him instead and save the bottle for later. I take the following pic while nursing him.

3:00pm

I give Jackson to his daddy so I can fold more laundry. Then I get started on an early dinner - stuffed pork chops - since we didn't eat lunch.

4:45pm

We start eating dinner, at which time Jackson decides to start crying when I'm not quite halfway through my plate. So I nurse him. He poops while eating, so I take him upstairs to change him. Then I decide it's a good time for tummy time while I fold some of his laundry.

5:10pm

He's pretty sick of tummy time, so I flip him over to bat at his toys while I finish up his laundry. Daddy gets out of the shower and wants to hang out with him.

5:15pm

I hear DH coming back upstairs. Jackson has puked on his pants. So DH decides to put him in his sleeper early.

They head back downstairs while I finish up Jackson's laundry.

5:30pm

I head downstairs and realize that my cold plate is still sitting on the TV tray. So I eat the last of the pork chops and toss the rest. Daddy and Jackson are just hanging out watching football. So I wash the dishes and transfer some of my pumped milk to the freezer.

Then I make a list and gather up coupons for DH, who will pick up a few things at Target tomorrow on his lunch break. He always does Target duty for non-perishables. Jackson doesn't let me finish that task and wants to eat again.

6:15pm

Jackson is finished eating and wants to hang out with his daddy again. He really likes to push off his legs, and DH obliges him.

Then we watch The Walking Dead. Jackson apparently likes it.

8:00pm

I head upstairs with Jackson, as I do every night. He really fights going to sleep, though, so I watch TV while he wears himself out. He finally gives in to sleep around 9:30pm. So here's the last pic of the day.

October 29th, 2012, 07:24 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Thanks for sharing your day. Jackson is a sweetheart.
Mom2JDub likes this.
October 29th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Your conversation with Jackson is the same as mine with Cameron mine are full of "oh really?"s and "what else did you do?"s. Its funny because I was thinking of taping one and posting it to fb.

What a great day Thanks for sharing!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 29th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a fun-filled day of babyness! Love it!

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

October 29th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Mom to Madeline
He is so cute!!! Madeline does the same grunting thing between 4-7am...so strange.

Thanks for sharing!
October 29th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Super Mommy
He's adorable. Sounds like a great day.

October 29th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a cutie....loved him talking in the video! Tfs!

October 29th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Veteran
i love the conversation! thanks for the peek

huge thank you to *kiliki* for the amazing siggy!
October 29th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
Oh my goodness... I need to post a video of me talking to Taryn! Adrienne, I swear to you, we have identical voices! It's weeeird!

Jackson is so freakin cute.. bobbing his head around! *giggles*
October 30th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So cute!

Jan 2010 August 2011

October 30th, 2012, 04:55 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Jackson puts the "c" in cuteness and is so alert! Thanks for sharing!

October 30th, 2012, 06:57 AM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
What a cutie! Thanks for sharing

October 30th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love this ! So cute! You are going to adore having a little boy, my son is the light of my life! (of course i love my daughter too - just differently!)
October 30th, 2012, 07:26 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww he's so precious, DDB! I could just eat him up! And I love that video (and the Walking Dead)!

Emily's the same way about not giving in to sleep. She'll fuss and fuss and then just pass right out in the middle of whining.

Last edited by ufmelissa824; October 30th, 2012 at 07:31 AM.
October 30th, 2012, 08:23 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Adorable, just freaking adorable. And I love how involved your DH is too.

October 30th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I loved this! Awesome job. I felt like I was there with you.

October 30th, 2012, 03:25 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
He's such a cutie in the video!

Pinterest
Flickr
October 30th, 2012, 05:54 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
He's too cute. Thanks for sharing.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

November 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Aww. That was super cute! I loved the chat you shared Totally a normal conversation, I'm sure it was great to see what it's like in your world for a day. I told DH Jackson likes the Walking Dead and he goes, "The kid has great taste!"

Thanks for sharing with us. It was so cute.

November 1st, 2012, 08:49 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
So cute! The stuffed pork chops look yummy .

You must be so tired! My first (Mirabel) had that same sleep schedule, and she did the grunting for the longest time! It went away for her around three months; hang in there!

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search