My Diet & Weightloss journal

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 4 Post By Cylence
  • 2 Post By Cylence
  • 1 Post By magz88
  • 1 Post By one.juniper
  • 1 Post By Cylence
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By Cylence
  • 1 Post By Pinkhighheels27
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By Cylence
  • 1 Post By Cylence

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2012, 08:10 AM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
So, I need somewhere I can just type out what I'm thinking, doing, & able to accomplish. I very well could do this on Spark but I feel like I'd get more cheering on & less judgement with you ladies.

I am disgusted with my body. DISGUSTED. I've never really had a great self body image and I've come to the realization that I REALLY don't want to have Taryn see how bad I hate my body. It's not a great foundation for raising a confident little girl. So, while she's still a baby, I'm doing something about it. I'm going to try not to give myself all these crazy rules & over-do myself, but I do need to live healthier & get off my butt and workout. I'm tired of making excuses for myself.

I don't know what my current weight is - our scale is WAY old & doesn't seem to give correct weights - so, I'll be using the last weight given to me by my Dr. Before I had Taryn, I was 325 and I dropped down to 301. (Ugh, just typing that out makes me shudder). I plan on buying a new scale soon, so hopefully I can update with a great weightloss that I wasn't expecting.

Starting out, since I'm not breastfeeding, I'll be doing a diet that I love called Stillman's. I only plan to do this for about 2 weeks, just to get a jumpstart (to make myself feel better) and afterwards I'll be eating more healthy. Less breads & carbs, more fruits & veggies.
I'm taking myself off soda and (as much as it kills me) sweet tea. This momma is drinking water ONLY!
My exercise plan will consist of Jillian's 30 Day shred, Blast Fat Boost Metabolism & just dancing around the house.

My plan is to update/post every day and just be HONEST with myself about what I ate, what I did, etc. Like I said, no more excuses.

Sooo, without further ado.... Let's start day 1
November 1st, 2012, 12:00 PM
Day 1

Breakfast: baked chicken & cheese (not the correct cheese, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it)

Worked out with Jillian - 30 day shred (all but 5 minutes - my knees kinda gave out)

Lunch: Lean ground beef & 2 eggs
Dinner: baked chicken & cottage cheese aaaaand yeh, I had a sweet tea. I'm addicted! However, I am going to tell him not to bring me home any more. At least, for awhile

Only drank 2 large McD's cups of water - would like to get to 3-4, at least.

I feel good. Made Eric some chicken stir fry, which I love, and I was surprised that I wasn't really interested in it. This no bread thing is going to get hard, I realize, but bearing this weight & self destructive hatred of my body is worse. I'll just have to re-teach myself a proper diet after this is all said & done with. Bread & pasta has always been my weakness.

All in all, I'd say I had a very good 1st day start
Mountain~Mama and Jessimaaka like this.

Last edited by Cylence; November 1st, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
November 1st, 2012, 07:56 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I had a problem with bread and pasta too. Major binge triggers. I can keep both in the house now but I had to do an almost total cut off too for a year or two with the bread.
Cylence likes this.
November 2nd, 2012, 05:22 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Good for you cutting out the sugary drinks! It makes such a difference, plus your dentist will give you a kiss at your next appointment.
Cylence likes this.

Pinterest
Flickr
November 2nd, 2012, 07:01 AM
There are days when I've just wanted to take a loaf of bread & eat it... that's not good. I'm kind of having to do a substitute version of my Stillman's until we can get to the grocery store, but here's day 2 of no breads and I'm feeling pretty good.

Hubby went and bought me a new scale with a progress bar, so a visual of how far I've come, when weighing, may just give that extra boost of motivation
Jessimaaka likes this.
November 2nd, 2012, 07:16 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Seeing that progress start moving is a huge motivator.

My weakness is chips. DH went and got our Lottomax tickets last night and Pringles were on sale - 2 tubes for $5....so its just after 10am and I am eating pringles....needless to say, today is a bust.

You can do it! This thread helps motivate me as well
Cylence likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 2nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
Mac & cheese is a HUGE weakness of mine. And pancakes. Ooooh man, pancakes. *laughs*

But, I am making a promise to myself & everyone around me, that this will be the last thread about weightloss that I ever make. I even made a thinspiration Pinterest board. Thinspiration

My goal is 160 - 175. If I get below that, then so be it, but I just want to be back down to my 11/12 and I'll be a happy camper
Jessimaaka likes this.
November 2nd, 2012, 09:29 PM
Day 2

Breakfast: Ground beef & cheese
Lunch: Lemon pepper chicken
Dinner: Chicken Stir Fry & a sweet tea

I drank 1 McD's cup & 3 16oz bottles of water.

Dinner was a conscience decision due to Taryn being fussy & Eric coming home in pain from a root canal. I did work out, so I'm not beating myself up. No failure here. It was chicken stir fry. Could've been worse.
Eric bought me a new scale that has this little progress bar. Didn't get to boast about a dramatic weightloss, but at least I hadn't gained anything, so I'll take what I can get.

I won't be working out tomorrow. I never workout with Eric home. I feel like such a nerd. Plus, I have a bunch of shopping to do tomorrow and Amanda is coming by. I'll be fairly busy as it is.
November 4th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Day 3

Not so good, but not so bad either. Only drank maybe 2 bottles of water (whoops)

Day 4

Last night I bought a bunch of fruit & yogurt and have been playing with smoothies. Mmmmmm It's soooo good & so filling. I always thought those smoothie diets were a bunch of crock, but after HAVING a couple. Geez. I may just drink my food! *laughs*

Haven't worked out, but I generally don't on the weekend, so no big deal there.
All in all, the weekend really could have been better BUT it could have been a LOT worse.
November 4th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Mom to Madeline
You're doing great! The first 2 weeks will be hard bc your body will crave sugar and carbs (my weakness also), but so far your rocked it!
Cylence likes this.
November 4th, 2012, 04:24 PM
You can't do everything every day...you're doing great

Love smoothies but I'm limiting my dairy since Cameron gets gassy Very hard to find good ones without yogurt or milk.

I had nasty greasy pizza at a 6 year old's bday party today so you're up on me!
Cylence likes this.

Jess
November 5th, 2012, 06:58 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
What exercises are you doing that make you feel like a nerd? lol
November 5th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Any exercise that makes me jiggle like a fool makes me feel like a nerd in front of hubby. He's 5'8 and 130 lbs? Nothing on him moves, whereas I jiggle everywhere hahaha

Day 5

Breakfast: Made a smoothie out of milk, vanilla nonfat yogurt, pineapple, strawberries, banana and some carrots. It was yuuuummy.

Then I had the rest of my smoothie mix for a snack

Lunch: What did I have for lunch? I remember eating, but... what was it? Crap.
Oh oh! I had a bowl of Corn chex. That's not considered a bread, is it?

Dinner: Whole grain spaghetti and not even that much. I'm awfully full today.

I had 3 bottles of water and a sweet tea. **** these sweet teas.
And I worked out with a friend of mine to some Jillian So that's day 3 of 30 day shred. Woot!

I'm a little upset about my spaghetti, buuuut I did make it whole wheat & I really didn't have that much. And I worked my BUTT off to Jillian, so you know what, I'll take it!
I should probably weigh myself again... I'll try to remember to do that in the morning
Jessimaaka likes this.
November 7th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Day 6

Forgot to update - oops.
I remember having my smoothie for breakfast &again for a snack. I had mexican lasagna for dinner, which totally goes aganst the whle bread thing, but no biggie.
I didn't eat a whole lot tis day, which is bad, I know.

And I did workout. (Day 4 Jillian 30 DS)

Day 7

Breakfast was a smothie and I had it as a snack later on.
Lunch was Teriyaki chicken & cheese

Worked out with Jillian (Day 5 Jillian 30 DS)

I'll update ths post later on tonight fter dinner
November 9th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I've been bad. *hangs head* Real bad.
I don't remember what I had for dinner Wednesday night. I think it was Mexican lasagna.

And Day 8 was no better. I had double chocolate muffins. 3 of them. Gah they were yummy. And no, not those Otis Spunkenguhaha massive, delicious, enough calories for a whole day muffins. The Betty Crocker add milk & bake at home ones.
And I can't even say I could counteract it with a hardcore Jillian work-out.

Day 9

And I might as well own up to the corn dogs I had for breakfast.

I AM going to workout today. Honest engine. Friend is coming over after her hubby gets off work.
And I'm going to try making a dinner that isn't of convienence. I haven't lost my momentum, just yet. And, honestly, that's pretty good for me. So, I want to see where this goes.
Jessimaaka likes this.
November 9th, 2012, 01:21 PM
If the path was easy, everyone would do it. You're still doing fantastic!

Jess
November 21st, 2012, 07:38 PM
Yeh, I suck. Back to it tomorrow.
November 21st, 2012, 08:30 PM
I was planning a weekly thread that I've NEVER updated...

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search