How sleepy is your baby (nap question)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2012, 04:24 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Juliette doesn't have a very consistent nap schedule. Some days she'll take 3 30 minute naps, other days she sleeps close to 5 hours total! I'm not sure how "normal" this is, since I "thought" that naps became more consistent around 3 months (at least, they did with Mirabel, my firstborn). I just let her sleep, because she gets fussy if I try to cut her naps shorter, and she'll still sleep at night. Do your kiddos have a specific amount of time they nap each day? Or is it still sporadic?

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

November 6th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tuckr is all over the map too. Somedays he hardly naps at all others he will sleep for 5 hours straight!!! I follow his lead. I don't cut them short I let him sleep when he wants and wake when he wants.

November 6th, 2012, 04:43 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Cora has been asleep for 2 days pretty much, so no real pattern yet

November 6th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Mom to Madeline
Madeline typically is ready for a nap 1-1.5 hours after feedings by her cues. But, she's a sleep fighter, so she doesn't always nap between feedings. And, btw 4pm-10pm, you can forget it! I'm not sure why she doesn't nap in the evening. (Its usually cranky crying all evening on and off).

In the morning, she usually takes a 30-45 min nap, early afternoon...anywhere from 1-3 hours. Late afternoon...maybe 30 minutes.
November 6th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No pattern here. He doesn't sleep deeply when he naps what with all the noise in the house, and if I try and put him in his crib he won't stay asleep for long. Some days he just wants me to hold him so he can doze on and off as he wants and others he's wide awake and ready to go.
November 6th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Super Mommy
im srtill not sure..ive started noticing though that after his feedings, he will stay up playing smiling talking etc for about an hour or so..then he starts rubbing his eyes and being fussy so then i rock him put him in the bessinett and hes out for another hour untill the next feeding. he naps alot but still will sleep from 9pm-to-about 7-8am.

November 6th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Totally random here too. No pattern/length/time etc. here at all! All I can depend on is that the day won't resemble the day before!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 6th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's literally the exact same here! Molly took a 2 1/2 hour nap yesterday and then has barely slept for a whole 30 min at a time today. I can't wait for a bit more of a schedule!

Jan 2010 August 2011

November 6th, 2012, 08:42 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Elias is all over the place as well. Some days he'll nap 1-2 hours 2 or 3 times and some days he sleeps 20 minutes here and there and maybe 1 long nap later but then some days he fights sleep so bad he might get 1 hour of sleep during the day total! I never know what he'll do. But at night he sleep very well most nights. He goes to sleep between 8-10 most nights and will sleep for 6-9 hours.

November 6th, 2012, 11:10 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Most days - She takes 2-3 30-45 minute cat naps. . . With one 1.5-2 hour long nap in the middle. Though today we were at the doc for her morning nap, so she only snoozed for about 20 minutes maybe? Then slept a bit over an hour when we got home and then a good 2 hour nap this afternoon, followed by another little cat nap about an hour before bed. I just let her sleep when she wants and for how long - Though if by afternoon nap time she hasn't had a good (at least 90 minute) nap for the day, if she stirs after a short time I do what ever I have to, to get her to nap longer. Sometimes that means just letting her sleep on me - But I try my best to get her to take at least that long nap in her bed.

November 7th, 2012, 07:50 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
The only nap that is really consistent is one at about 11:30 in the morning for about 30 minutes. Plus, he always naps when we go for our daily walk. Everything else is random - couple of hours, 10 minutes, up most of the day, sleeping most of the day...
November 7th, 2012, 08:09 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Paxton only sleeps for about 15 minutes at a time. He takes several little 15 minute naps during the day and then is ready for bed at 8pm.

November 7th, 2012, 08:51 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No pattern here either. Emily's not big on naps. She takes a few a day but they're usually only 30-45 minutes long. She fights sleep too so it usually takes me about half an hour and a lot of fussing to get her down for the night at around 10pm. Once she's down, she'll either sleep through until about 7am or she'll wake up to eat in the middle of the night and then go back down.

November 7th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever View Post
No pattern here. He doesn't sleep deeply when he naps what with all the noise in the house, and if I try and put him in his crib he won't stay asleep for long. Some days he just wants me to hold him so he can doze on and off as he wants and others he's wide awake and ready to go.
This is how it is for Sarah too.
November 7th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Unfortunately, I have to work during the week. According to the sitter, she does not nap at all for the most part. I initially thought that was because she was in a new place and missed me. However, over a month later, she still does not nap at the sitter's house. Sometimes she will doze off around 5:30 to 6:00 p.m. when we arrive to pick her up. On Saturday and Sunday, she does not nap at all either. This past Saturday, she stayed awake 15 hours with no nap. It's exhausting for me because she wants to cluster or comfort nurse constantly, and I do not get any time with George or the kids until she goes to bed for the night around 9:00 p.m.

November 7th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
He's not much of a napper. He takes little cat naps throughout the day (20 minutes maybe) after feedings. And I can sometimes get him to take a 60-90 minute nap in the late afternoon. He sleeps well at night but still wakes up frequently (goes back to sleep easily). I wish he had a nap routine.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
November 7th, 2012, 02:11 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Noah doesn't have set naptimes but he does nap in the car for about an hour after his second breakfast and an hour in the pram after his mid-afternoon feed. He goes down in his cot at 7:30 and wakes at 2am when we bring him into our bed for the rest of the night.

...and baby number 2
November 7th, 2012, 02:19 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
He's all over the place for the most part. The one time of day I can count on is the morning. He'll wake to eat and then pass right out. He does this till about 11am or noon. The rest of the day is a guessing game.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

November 7th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
Taryn generally naps for about 30 minutes every 1.5-2 hours. She'll take one 1-2hr nap at around 3 or 4.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search