Your love story

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree32Likes
  • 2 Post By newmommysarah
  • 1 Post By tryingfornumber1
  • 5 Post By Mountain~Mama
  • 4 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 3 Post By magz88
  • 2 Post By Sherry777
  • 2 Post By HippieLove
  • 1 Post By one.juniper
  • 4 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 3 Post By ufmelissa824
  • 4 Post By irunpink
  • 1 Post By HippieLove

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Tell your best love story. Is your SO romantic? Are you? What's the best gift he's even given you? What's the most romantic thing you've done for your man?
November 7th, 2012, 01:45 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Alan is not romantic in any way shape or form but we have had a few amazingly romantic nights over the past few years, the highlight had to be when we camped out at the beach one night to watch shooting stars. It was amazing and we ended up fooling around in the sand at 3am with the shooting stars flying across the sky.
Mountain~Mama and one.juniper like this.

...and baby number 2
November 7th, 2012, 02:55 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Bobby's not really romantic and he's not known for planning ahead. He does know me very well so his gifts are always great, mostly books, music, movies. I'm not really romantic either. I guess we're a perfect match.

November 7th, 2012, 03:25 PM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Romance? What's that? He didn't even propose to me. We just got married. :/ I did get the ring though, he just gave it to me.
newmommysarah likes this.
November 7th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Chris and I met in High School, we had mutual friends and ended up in the same gym class. I knew we'd end up together then. We dated for about 6 month before he asked me to marry him and our wedding was about 2 years later. We've had some really great times and some really crappy times but we've been together for almost 23 years.

Neither of us is super mushy romantic but we've had some memorable times like when we camped out in Rocky Mountain National Park during Elk bugling season. The sounds they make were so creepy that I held on tight to Chris all night long.

And the time we slept in a tee pee in South Dakota. THAT was a good time!

I think one of my favorite times was the summer we bought our Harley. Sitting behind him with my arms wrapped around his waist, trusting him completely, with the wind blowing and the sun shining on us. It was a really magical summer that brought us closer than we'd ever been.

He does sweet things for me like bringing me home a bag if candy for no reason and I leave him notes in his pockets of his work pants or in his lunch box. And texts.

After so long it's easy to fall into the day to day but the little things are what are so important.
November 7th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
The way we met was in no way romantic - I slapped him (because I thought he grabbed my bum but it wasn't him!), he had just gotten his wisdom teeth out so was spitting out blood and stitches That was almost 10 years ago

He doesn't buy me flowers since I tend to be allergic to them, but he buys me sweet cards and adds his own message. Otherwise not very romantic! We leave each other little notes around the house sometimes. We just celebrated our 2 year anniversary yesterday...we had dinner That's the extent of our romance at this point lol.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 7th, 2012, 04:21 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
When we first met he impressed me by participating in a couple of difficult workouts with me. He thought they were going to be easy but he found them to be challenging and it really helped establish mutual respect. I still often think about holding his legs while he did situps (his own addition to the workout - I don't believe in sit ups) and thinking about how skinny his calves were in relation to his thighs. And he always brings up walking up and down the stairs 2 and 3 at time with 35 lb plates in hand.

I though it was romantic that he was willing to do that.

Sometimes I am romantic in cooking him special meals.

Oh, also when we first started dating we went on a hike on part of the Bruce Trail and I brought grilled veg sandwiches and cold beers and we had a picnic in the woods. He was surprised that I had packed the beers and I think that impressed him.

Lately, well we just let each other know how happy we are that we have one another. He has thanked me a few times for giving Theo to him and I love hearing that.

Whoa, blood! That's a memorable way to meet, Jess.
November 7th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
George and I met through mutual friends who wanted to set us up. I was friends with the wife; he was friends with the husband. My girlfriend had loose morals, and I, quite frankly, was not interested in anyone she would recommend. Also, I didn't like her husband and figured I would not like one of his friends. George was approached by the husband, but he was skeptical of anyone who would be friends with the wife! In any event, one night I was the proverbial third wheel at a steakhouse. As we stood outside and waited for a table, the wife played with my hair and asked if her husband thought I looked nice. I finally asked what on earth was going on. They had asked George to come and meet me. Despite working the night shift, he agreed.

We got a table, and at one point I looked up. I saw 6 feet and three inches of tall, dark, and handsome perfection walking towards me. I instantly became shy and wanted to crawl under the table. I couldn't even eat my food because I was so shy. We barely said two words to one another. He talked to the husband; I talked to the wife. When it was time for him to leave to get to work, he stood up to say goodbye. He shook my hand, pulled me into a hug, and checked out my *ss over my shoulder. Then he gave me his number!

We started talking on the phone, and then we had our first group date at a monster truck pull. (I know- it's the south- forgive me). Our VIP booth was locked, and he boosted me over the railing. We made out in front of thousands of people. Ha!

We started dating, and we spent every spare second together. I fell asleep on the bathroom sink at my law firm. I fell asleep on the phone; we would talk for hours. The sound of his voice and the feel of his arms were all I longed for. It was the first time I ever truly loved someone, and I still feel that way today….14 years later.

He baked cakes for me, made Easter baskets for me filled with my favorite candy, picked out shoes for me, surprised me with shopping trips, took me on trips, wrote me love cards with his cologne sprayed on it, sent me flowers at work….Romance is his middle name.

Sometimes I look at our children, and I cry with joy. I still can't believe I had George's babies!
irunpink and magz88 like this.

November 7th, 2012, 06:28 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Chris and I met in highschool, well met again. When I was a child his grandmother catered my Mothers wedding, his mother was my koorie ed teacher and I saw him alot (when I met his mum, she remembered teaching me) then when we were a little older, he would go play with my neighbour and come over and played a few times haha.

Okay so highschool, I first started noticing him around the school and I thought he was cute. Then I was walking along the football oval and he kicked a football, curved it and it hit me on the bum. He did it delibertly lol. When I walked past again he did it for a second time. Then we (my mum and i) drove past him and he smiled and waved. My mum was like "hes a cutie, who's he" and I said "I don't know, some guy from school" and she said "that's who you need to date, someone like that, not that dweeb Angus" who was some guy I had broken up. Not a serious relationship we kissed a couple times lol. But I thought I was heartbroken haha. anyway about 2 weeks later my friend Laurel was talking to him and I stuck my hand out and said "hi my names Emma". He looks at my hand looked up at me and was like "I don't shake hands with girls" I was like omg shame... Then he said, "I hug them" *eyeroll* total player lol but I hugged him and felt like I died right there on the spot haha! I used to sorta stalk him around school, so that we would accidentally bump into each other lol! Then one day I was helping my uncle an aunt move house, I walked to the shop to get a drink and in the distance I noticed someone walking, I knew it was him. He came over and we talked for ages. He then said he had to go to his cousins and it was in the direction of my house, so I walked with him. That's when we worked out we knew each other from when he used to come play with the neighbour. Anyway the next day my friend was over and we were sitting out the front when I noticed two guys playing basketball at the basketball court across the road. It was Chris and his mate Paul, who I and Megan my friend knew. They were walking off before we could get there so we stalked them back to Paul's lol. We sat put the front for ages hoping hed come out but he didnt Sooo we knocked on the door pretending we were looking for Paul lol. Paul came out and he was like "what are you guys doing" happy to see us but shocked lol. So we were like "oh you know, we were walking past..." just random chitchat then Chris popped his head in the window and I was all "oh I'd Chris S****** here " and Paul rolled his eyes, opened the door and shouted "stewie I think these girls are here to see you" haha. Chris ended up coming back to my house, that night we talked an talked about what we wanted out of life, what we had gone through, how we both wanted someone to live and be with former and raise a proper family wtc etc. we almost kissed but then Chris said if we kissed tonight, we it might ruin things. We spent the next few days together hanging out, then he come over on the 28th of July, stole my lollipop out o my mouth lol and asked me to be his girlfriend. Almost 9 years later we have been to hell and back. We grew up together, made mistakes, made good memories but at the end of it all, we just can't be without each other. He's my best friend.
irunpink and Jessimaaka like this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

November 7th, 2012, 06:33 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I'm still patiently waiting for a romantic gesture.

Ok I shouldn't say that, Pearce has occasionally surprised me with his sensitive side. Last Valentine's Day he found me purple roses.
irunpink likes this.

Pinterest
Flickr
November 8th, 2012, 03:25 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingfornumber1 View Post
Romance? What's that? He didn't even propose to me. We just got married. :/ I did get the ring though, he just gave it to me.
Alans proposal was underwhelming to say the least - handed me the ring when i was sat on the couch in my pj's feeding the baby! men!

...and baby number 2
November 8th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
the best is from when we met...i dug it up from the love and sex board.

I actually met DP online. I'd kind of BTDT with dating websites after a while of being single, and had decided I wasn't going to meet anyone that way. In 2009, I concentrated on other things such as studying music and joining a choir, and didn't do anything with my memberships on the dating websites. I used to get the odd occasional email through from guys but they'd all be really boring "wanna talk?" type emails so I ignored them.

Then, March 2010, I got an email through from one of the dating websites which was infinitely more interesting. It was obviously from Shaun, and he put in lots of detail in introducing himself and talked about why he'd been attracted to my profile, which impressed me, I'd spent a long time writing a very long and waffly profile, as is my style all over really! We sent each other a few long emails about life, love and pretty much everything over a period of two weeks, and then decided to meet up.

We met in Manchester at the Cornerhouse, which is a neat little art house, cafe and world cinema, and had lunch and watched a movie. He was quite quiet that day and I probably was too - we're both shy with new people. We talked a little though and I definitely felt a sense of connection. So when he asked me if I wanted to meet up again I said I would like to. We had talked about both being into history and visiting museums, castles etc so for our second date we went to Chester to look at some of the historical sites. I remember spending most of that day wanting to hold his hand or touch him and not daring to, and afterwards he told me he'd felt the same...eventually as we were walking back to the car he put his arm around me, and I put my arm around him...that was the first day he bought me flowers and the first day we kissed, and after I got home that night he sent me a text saying he felt we had made a connection and were no longer just dating but embarking on a relationship, and I said I felt the same.

the rest is history!

November 8th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Super Mommy
Sherry, it sounds like you guys have a lot of fun together.

Most of my romantic gestures to Jeremy involve me cooking. Helikes to surprise me. One day my mil showed up to babysit and I didn't even know we were going out. He planned a surprise vacation weekend for me next year. I'm excited.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
November 8th, 2012, 01:11 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was working at Old Navy my senior year of college and I met this guy Matt who I thought was really cute and cool and kind of had a crush on. Well Matt had a very complicated on/off-again relationship with his ex and I got bored with that real quick but he introduced me to his best friend Kenyon, who was cute, sweet and very funny, and the 3 of us started hanging out as friends. After a couple months, we started really liking eachother. We dated casually for a while since I was graduating and moving back home 2 hours away but after I left we started talking on the phone every night and we fell in love.

After traveling to see eachother every weekend, he finally moved to my town to be with me and we've been together ever since. It took us a while to settle down since we were only 21 when we met. We finally got engaged 5 years later, married the next year and have now been married 5.5 years.

He's not all that romantic and not a very good planner or surpriser but he's very sweet and used to write me a lot of poems back in the day. His proposal was really sweet - he did it during an Easter Egg hunt with his entire family and his little cousin gave me this beautifully decorated egg to open and inside was the ring. Very sweet...

These days his idea of a romantic gesture is cooking me dinner, cleaning the house or picking me up something chocolate when he's out running errands but he's my best friend and my partner in every way and I'm so lucky I found him and was able to create this wonderful family with him.
Mountain~Mama, irunpink and magz88 like this.

Last edited by ufmelissa824; November 8th, 2012 at 01:17 PM.
November 8th, 2012, 02:18 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Wow! Purple roses, I've never seen those!
You guys have some great stories . So cute, made me smile.
I think I might've shared this already, but we met in a very very dorky way. We are both nerds, go figure.
in college, as a joke, I started a facebook group called "I love Dorks". This was wayy back when Facebook was just for college kids. Anyway, my friend and I were bored one night and made up this group. Weeks, months later, my husband joined. He was the only guy who joined. He asked to be the philosopher of the group (we all had weird titles). I said ok. Weeks later, he sent me this long message sounding like it was from a Jane Austen novel. In it he literally said, "If you ever find yourself in need of a suitor, I'd happily offer myself." My jaw dropped and I also laughed out loud when I read this. Couldn't believe how much guts he had. Of course, I had to talk to him. I loved how confident he was in sending this message, and I am/was a huge Jane Austen fan, so I was smitten already just after reading his message .

So, we start dating after he came to my dorm at 2 AM to meet me (he went to my same college, but it's one of the biggest schools in the US so we never saw each other before this meeting). It's so funny because the night we met, I was wearing an oversized sweatshirt and vans flip flops and he was dressed up in Banana Republic and he was wearing wayyy too much cologne LOL. We were so different, but we were both dorky in our own ways. I was an English major, he was a Philosophy major at the time.

We got married after undergrad--had a small wedding, we were so poor. But he was so romantic while we were dating. I loved baked goods so I would often tell him what I was craving and he'd bake it for me from scratch. One time I was craving a white chocolate cake with raspberry filling and he made it that day! He doesn't bake any more though LOL.

He isn't quite as romantic, but he is a great dad and always puts us first and never complains about anything. He's my rock and I wish I was more like him. Such a hard worker. Sometimes he likes to read a little too much (LOL I did marry the nerd because he was nerdy, after all), but we still have great talks like we had that first night we met at 2 AM nearly 7 years ago.

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

November 8th, 2012, 03:49 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I totally forgot to add romantic gestures.. Chris isn't all that romantic but when e does things, he puts a lot of thought into it. For instance, on our first anniversary he bought flowers up to school as I was still there then and a teddy bear. We used to write love letters to each other, on our first valentines day he made me a card and a voucher for an hour long massage when I had jae he made me a card too, like a scrapbook card. It would of taken him an hour to do. It's rare web he does things like that but that's what makes them special. Although nowadays his romantic gestures are things like bringing me home a mcflurry or my fav chocolate, getting the kids up and letting me sleep in on his days off etc, it's the little things that count the most.
Mountain~Mama likes this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

November 9th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
These are so very lovely to read.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search