A Day In The Life Of Elias & Tina (And Jared..DH)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree37Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2012, 10:32 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
I wanted to pick a day when Jared could be home to help and get in on the fun. Oh..who am I kidding? I wanted to pick a day when DH would be able to take pics for me if I needed him to lol So I went with Election Day, DH had it off so YAY!

A Day in the Life of Elias, Tina & Jared: Election Day, Nov. 6 2012

12:00 am -3 am

Elias had gone to bed around 8 pm after getting his nails trimmed and a night bottle. We had swaddled him and placed him in his sleeper. DH and i had gone to bed around 11:30pm.

Around 3am I woke and looked at our video monitor to see Mr. Houdini had gotten his hands out of the swaddle. I was wondering when he'd start crying because normally if he gets his hands out, it's not long before he startles awake and cries. But this time, nothing! He sleeps on, so Mommy goes back to sleep too (after taking this picture of course.)

5:00am

I hear squeaking from Elias so I get up to make his morning bottle. After I finish, I listen at his door to find he is sleeping yet again So I go to check the news for Poll info. I hate Election Day, yet I like to stay informed.

The dog needs out and breakfast, so I tend to her as well.

5:50am

Elias finally starts to wake for real. (Yes, he really sleeps 10 hours straight some nights) Jared and I go in to see our sleepy boy. I sit on the foot stool and wait to see my morning smiles. Elias can be slow to wake, but the smiles we get during the process are so cute!

Here's one of him still mostly asleep

And one when he notices Mommy watching him

And here is our typical morning waking talk.

After waking, I took him out to the couch to feed him. He normally eats 5-6oz. at his morning feeding. He likes to chug a lot, so I have to take the bottle away a burp him. He cries a lot because he wants to keep eating.

First bottle

Burps

6:15am-6:30am

After eating and burping, it's time for a diaper change. As usual, he kicks around making it hard to get the diaper and his clothes back on lol.

First diaper change of the day

After the diaper change, it's off to play on the floor with toys! He loves his toy bag with the huge mirror. It plays music and lights up as well.

Playing on the floor

And in true Elias fashion, 5 minutes after changing his diaper, he poops, so it's off to change him again! Just look at how proud he is of himself for pooping in a new diaper.

7:00am

After a little time in his swing, he falls asleep and I pick him up and cuddle him a while before placing him back in his swaddle and tucking him back in his sleeper. Mommy and Daddy decide to cuddle in bed too

8:45am-9:40am

Elias wakes from his morning nap and cries to be fed right away. He can be very impatient. So I get to work making a bottle while DH gets him up and ready to eat. After making the bottle, I hand it to Jared to feed Elias so he gets some Son & Daddy time.

After finishing his bottle, it's time for a diaper change. Elias kicks DH as he changes him and then laughs when Jared tells him that's not nice lol. You'd think he knew what we were saying.

After changing him, DH takes Elias out to the living room to cuddle and play, but 5 minutes later...yup, he poops in his clean diaper yet again It's so normal that we joke with people, telling them that Elias is so spoiled, he will only poop in a clean diaper!

So this time he gets a diaper change and a new outfit to get him dressed for the day.

Now it's time for more play, this time on the kick piano.

10:45am-2:00pm

Elias starts to rub his eyes so I cuddle him until he's ready to nap. Then off to bed with him while DH and I get some laundry done and wash some dishes. We eat lunch, just some soap and a sandwich, nothing great. I vacuum the house while Jared reviews the Props we need to vote on. I check Elias off and on but he sleeps on and on.

Finally at 2pm he wakes and is ready for lunch! I make his bottle and Jared feeds him while I review the Props this time.

Daddy feeding Elias his lunch

2:30pm-3:30pm

I get ready to take my shower and after Elias gets his burps done with Daddy, I place him in his bouncy rocker chair and take him into the bathroom with me. He likes to play in his chair while I shower. I talk to him and sing to him and he coos at me and his toys.

Keeping Mommy company while she showers

After my shower, I take Elias back out to see DH while I finish getting dressed. I finish dressing and find the baby needs a diaper change again. He pees a lot after eating. Once he's all changed and has his clothes back on, I stand there and have a chat like we always do during his diaper changes. He loves it when I do my funny duck quack. He laughs and talks back. To listen in, click the picture below.

4:00pm

I'm off to vote! I leave DH with Elias and make the short drive (5 blocks) to the school where we vote. The lines are very short and I'm glad. I make my choices and then stick my ballot into the reader and notice I'm only #278 of the day. At 4:10pm? Really? That's all? How sad. I wish more people would vote around here.

I grab my 'I voted!' stickers and head out as I text Jared about how short the line was when I got there and how long it was now as I was walking out the door. He decides he'll wait until later to vote now lol.

4:30pm

I get home to find Bubbers, a.k.a. Elias, in a bad mood while DH is trying to sooth him. I take him and place him in his swing and he relaxes. I stick my 'I voted' sticker on him to teach him how important it is to vote

Elias naps on and off for a while. DH and I talk and watch a show and then order Mexican for dinner. Around 5:30pm I head out to pick it up and when I get home we finish our show while we eat and Elias naps in his swing.

Napping

6:00pm

Bubbers wakes from his nap hungry. I make him a snack while DH keeps him entertained slurping his water through a straw.

What is that Daddy? Can I have some?

I feed him as Jared takes a shower and gets ready to go vote.

Elias trying to feed himself

After his meal, Elias and I watch the poll news while DH goes off to vote and get a few things at the store. While Jared is gone, Bubbers and I have some play time. I got out his Bumbo seat and put him in that to play a while. He does good, but gets tired of it soon. So we make it part of our tummy time to help with his neck and core muscles.

Bumbo time

And then we had some tummy time on his kick piano gym. He loves to play. Just look at that smile he gave me

7:00pm-9:00pm

Jared gets home and it's time to get Elias ready for his bath. We try to bathe him every other day. He loves a bath and DH and I always like to give him one together when we can. Jared is in charge of keeping the water flowing over the washcloth that covers Elias's body to keep him warm and rinsing the soap off after I wash an area of his little body.

Getting ready for the bath

Bath time fun

Time to get out and dry off! We wrapped him in his Tigger towel this time. Isn't he adorable?

Once he's dried off a little, we put a clean diaper on him and bundle him in a warm fleece sleep sack to keep him warm while he dries off completely. We use this time to cuddle, relax and get ready for bed.

Relaxing after his bath

After drying off totally, we get Elias ready for bed. We lotion him up good, giving him a nice massage and dressing him in his PJs. Tonight it's his fire engine Hero sleeper PJs

Once he's ready for bed, Jared takes him out to the living room while I make his night bottle. DH feeds him as we watch the news for the voting results starting to come in.

Look how tired he is. His eyes are getting heavy.

Soon after eating, Elias gets grumpy and wants to sleep. I cuddle him and rock him while Jared gets his stuff ready. He checks the video monitor to make sure we can see his cradle well enough, gets the swaddle ready on our bed to place Elias in when he's ready, turns on the white noise and makes sure Seahorse is next to the cradle when he goes down to sleep. Once Bubbers is sleeping, we tuck him in the swaddle and place him in bed and I turn on Seahorse as I tip-toe out and close the door.

The rest of the night I check on him as he sleeps soundly. Jared and I watch the results on TV and chat about things and snack on candies DH picked up that night after voting. After the results were called, we went to bed.

So that was a typical day for us (when Jared is home too)...minus the voting lol. And here is a picture I took tonight of Elias falling asleep in his Daddy's arms. He smiles a lot in his sleep, and I had to get it on camera. It was so cute, I had to share.

Thanks for reading! I had fun doing this.

November 7th, 2012, 11:26 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
He's such a handsome little guy!

Thanks for playing
TKbunny likes this.

November 8th, 2012, 02:37 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Ahhh, he sleeps so much!! Jealous.
TKbunny likes this.
November 8th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
what a gorgeous little chunk he is! love the smiles. some of those expressions looks like he's got a lot going on in that young mind...i'd love to know what they're thinking, wouldn't you?

how much does he like the kick piano, tina? i was considering one for xmas for michaela.
newmommysarah and TKbunny like this.

November 8th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Looks like you all had a nice day. I love how involved daddy is with everything!
TKbunny likes this.
November 8th, 2012, 05:03 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Enjoyed sharing your day!
TKbunny likes this.

November 8th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe he's so cute!!! What a good day! Thanks for sharing!!!
TKbunny likes this.

November 8th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he is such a cutie!! I am jealous of Elias' sleeping habits ;-)
TKbunny likes this.
November 8th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Super Mommy
Such a sweet baby! Love all the smiles!
TKbunny likes this.

November 8th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Mom to Madeline
He is so cute!!! Thanks for sharing!
TKbunny likes this.
November 8th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
How sweet is he!!! Thanks for sharing
TKbunny likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 8th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Such a cutie. I can't believe how much he sleeps! I know you had some rough patches with that. I'm hoping to get there with Jackson one of these days.

BTW, Jackson also exclusively poops when he has a brand new diaper.

Jackson responds in a similar fashion to me as in your quack video when I go, "Booga booga booga booga booga." Even when he's fussy, it's sure to make him smile or talk back.

Thanks for sharing your day!
TKbunny likes this.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
November 8th, 2012, 12:48 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love the pic of him eyeing up daddies water
Cant believe how strong he is at tummy time - Noah STILL just lays there with his head on the mat crying lazy hole
TKbunny likes this.

...and baby number 2
November 8th, 2012, 01:28 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
Looks like such a happy little guy. How does he like that kick piano? I was thinking of getting one for Juliette for Christmas .
newmommysarah and TKbunny like this.

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

November 8th, 2012, 01:44 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie View Post
what a gorgeous little chunk he is! love the smiles. some of those expressions looks like he's got a lot going on in that young mind...i'd love to know what they're thinking, wouldn't you?

how much does he like the kick piano, tina? i was considering one for xmas for michaela.

Elias loves his kick piano gym! He kicks all the time so I got one thinking he'd like it. He'll play for 45 minutes on that thing lol. He also loves to roll onto his side and kick the toys hanging lol. I love that it grows with him too. It can be used for tummy time, back time and when he can sit up alone the piano changes to be a sitting play toy as well.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

November 8th, 2012, 01:49 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha everyone wants a kick piano - was was jut adding it to Noah's Christmas list this morning
Carwen*Angel likes this.

...and baby number 2
November 8th, 2012, 02:14 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
You two are really good at sharing the responsibilities! I wish I could get SO as involved.

Thanks for sharing your day and what a cutie pie

Pinterest
Flickr
November 8th, 2012, 05:09 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
He is adorable and already a good citizen promoting voting!
November 9th, 2012, 01:50 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Such a cutie! What type of bottles are those? Love them!

November 9th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I think I'll deffo get one. She needs a "big" present or I'd feel awful getting her brother a bike and her only getting smaller toys. I'm looking at the regular F-P kick piano, not the gym, as she already has one of the rainforest gyms and loves it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search