Health/Fitness Check-In

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I figured we could do a check in to see where everyone stands as far as their health/fitness. You may be trying to lose a few pounds or you may not. You may already be back to your pre-pregnancy size or not. Maybe you aren't trying to lose any weight but just stay in shape. Maybe you want to just get healthier. No matter what your in particular situation this area is for all of us!

Name:

Weeks Postpartum:

(optional) Current Weight and/or Goal Weight:

Goals:

November 8th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Name: Lyz

Weeks Postpartum: 10 weeks

Goals: I have 8lbs of pregnancy weight to lose stll (I've stalled since 3 weeks PP). I want to lose another 7 on top of that. I've been using myfitnesspal.com to track my eating and I'm trying to workout at least 3 days a week. The workout part is my downfall right now.

November 8th, 2012, 12:39 PM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Ashley

Weeks Postpartum: Almost 8 weeks

(optional) Current Weight and/or Goal Weight: Current weight- 134lbs Goal weight- 125lbs

Goals: I reallllllly would like to be at the weight I was at my wedding a month before I found out I was expecting, 125. I felt great and felt really good about myself.

My weight at 3 weeks pregnant was 128 and at 41 weeks I was 158. So I am down 24lbs from the 30 gained. I haven't done much of anything. My diet is the same from pregnancy and I am not actually doing much in the way of exercise. I am still breastfeeding which is definitely helping. I am not putting any pressure on myself to drop the weight until after the holidays. I know for a fact I am going to be eating like crazy and it will be hard to resist.

Ashley
Ashley
November 8th, 2012, 02:12 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Name: Beth

Weeks Postpartum: almost 7 weeks

(optional) Current Weight and/or Goal Weight: I'm about 150 but weight loss isn't directly my goal but body fat. Right now I'm between 31.5 and 33.5 % body fat depending on which algorithm you use. Not happy with that as it tells me I am supposedly borderline obese. Say what? That really surprised me but no matter which website I go to or how many times I look at the caliper/tape measure I get the same results. I wear size 10 right now but was a 4/6 before pregnancy. I didn't know it was possible to be "obese" and a size 10.

Goals: My goal is to get at a healthy body fat level by consistent exercise and watching my caloric and nutritional intake. Every month or so I am going to remeasure and do a fitness test as well.
November 8th, 2012, 07:32 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Name: JoLina

Weeks Postpartum: 8 weeks tomorrow (11-9)

(optional) Current Weight and/or Goal Weight: pre pregnancy weight was 147lbs and at 39 weeks I was at 211 (gained like 64lbs!) and last time I checked a few days ago I was at 177lbs ish. So I'm going for loosing another 30lbs or so

Goals: I want to get my weight back to my pre pregnancy size and 'tone' it all up better then it was lol.

November 9th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Super Mommy
Name: Kim

Weeks Postpartum: 8 weeks

(optional) Current Weight and/or Goal Weight: I will share this because I will NEVER be this weight again. When I had Kara I was 232, right now I am 211 and my goal weight is 170.

Goals: I want to get to around 170, I may change that to less or more. My ultimate goal is to be happy and comfortable with how I look.

November 11th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Michelle

Weeks Postpartum: 8 weeks

(optional) Current Weight and/or Goal Weight: 139 - 125

Goals: I want to get back to around 125 lbs. I also want to tighten my stomach and thighs! I definitely need to start exercising and I just keep putting it off. I have already started eating healthy again. However, my will power doesn't seem as strong as it was pre-pregnancy. I slip sometimes and give in when it comes to chocolate and sweets! I have got to stop that!! I am EBF, so at least I have that on my side

November 26th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name : stefani

Weeks post partum : 7

Goal weight: i have 15 lbs of pregnancy weight left but would like to lose about 65 lbs all together

Goal: to eat healthier starting right aftee xmas lol. Right now therea no point. Ill just get mad at myself but i am paying more attention. Also i want toget back to the workout program i had begun soon before pregnancy. I am slowly strting working out now because of the c section. Id like to lose the weight by june/july when we want to ttc again

December 5th, 2012, 10:00 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Name: Katie

Weeks Postpartum: 13

(optional) Current Weight and/or Goal Weight: Current is 135 and I'm happy there. I'm a fairly "dense" girl, LOL...I carry muscle weight, so I never focus on numbers. I was a loose size 4 before pregnancy, and I'm a loose size 4 now. So I'm good there.

Goals: My goals are usually all fitness related, mainly running goals. I am planning on running a marathon at the end of January. My goal is to run it in under 4 hours since it'll be my first post-Bailey. Then, I plan on running a marathon in March for a goal time of 3hours 35 minutes. That should put me in shape to move into the spring/summer focusing on my speed for the shorter 5 and 10Ks and to aim for a time of 3hours 20-ish minutes next marathon season. I keep up all the strength training, yoga, and pilates because it compliments my running, and well, the dance class is just plain fun and brings me back to my childhood. I find focusing on other goals besides body and weight allows me to get where I want to be without focusing too hard on diet and what the scale says. I tend to be happy when I'm focusing on physical accomplishments and the body follows along as a happy result.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search