Teething question

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By AllyssaM
  • 2 Post By MosaicWife
  • 2 Post By afwifey09

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Those who're pretty sure their babies are teething, do they get more fractious at a particular time of day? Do their cheeks, face or head flush or feel hot?

I never especially noticed with Daniel but then he was a placid baby and he was born with a couple of teeth so maybe he never really felt the agony of "first tooth" cutting.

Michaela definitely feels worse from it in the evening. She is fussier, crankier, cries a lot and wants to be held, not to mention trying to cram her whole fist in her mouth. She makes herself puke sometimes from putting her fingers in too far if we can't pull them out fast enough. She wants her paci more, we have tried several teethers and she hasn't taken to any of them yet. Her face and the back of her neck get hot and we end up stripping her down to vest and nappy until late evening. We rub Bonjela on her gums and it calms her for a time.

All this and I was feeling around in there after her last feed and nada, not a single sharp end of tooth through the gums yet, poor little love.

November 9th, 2012, 03:27 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Well Adalyn shoves her fist in her mouth all.day.long. Sometimes both at once, or she tries at least, lol. But she is not at all teething. Sounds like Michaela is just a fussy evening baby... She's probably getting all hot from being so worked up and fussy. Adalyn was a night time/evening fusser until we got her on reflux meds.
afwifey09 likes this.

November 9th, 2012, 04:12 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Yeah Paxton does all that too and there is a little bit of visible tooth but it's definitely not coming through yet. However, all of my babies have started the finger sucking, chewing thing right around now too and they definitely weren't teething so it's probably just a coincidence. And yes he's fussier in the evening but that's because he knows bed time is soon and he loves bed time.
AllyssaM and afwifey09 like this.

November 9th, 2012, 10:24 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I don't know if he's teething or not. I sometimes think he could be. He has been fussier as the day progresses, he's been eating (not sucking but flat out biting) his finger and fist, he's drooling way more now too. He's gone back to the wanting to be held most of the time stage. That one has been rough on us all.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

November 11th, 2012, 01:00 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Noah has been fussy the last few evenings - red cheeks, red bum and loads of drool he just not a happy little man right now. I know from nannying that it gets much worse - we are just at the beginning.

...and baby number 2
November 11th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
We all got sick with a cold a couple of weeks ago. Around the same time, Jackson started tonguing at his gums and sticking his hands in his mouth a lot more than usual. He'd been drooling for a while, but that picked up too. I noticed he would feel warm and sure enough had a fever from time to time. And, of course, he was fussier than usual (the kid hardly cries normally). I thought he might be teething, but DH said that it was impossible that he was teething at 2 1/2 months. Since he'd had a cold, I just assumed the fever and fussiness was from that.

He's well over his cold now and still doing all of those things. He became inconsolable this afternoon. And now he has a slight fever (around 100 degrees F). And he's tonguing his gums again. He also slept very poorly last night, waking up and tossing and turning all night, though he didn't want to nurse every time. So I do believe he is officially teething now.

Going back to your question, he gets feverish and fussy mostly in the afternoons/early evening.

November 11th, 2012, 05:42 PM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
I was under the impression all of these things are normal for our babies to be doing at this age. It would make sense with the sudden influx of people that think their babies are early tethers since that's the exception rather than the norm. But what do I know?
AllyssaM and tryingfornumber1 like this.
November 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I can say the same for Vincent and I sometimes think it is sort of a pre teething teething, if that makes sense. My first did this around this age but we didn't see a tooth until 6 1/2 months old. Who knows. I definitely think something is going on in his little mouth because he does seem fussier when he's drooling the most.

November 11th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jacob started showing signs of teething at 4 months... dribbling, bright red cheeks, jamming fists in mouth and chewing fingers...

But I hate to say it - he didn't actually cut his first tooth until he was 10 months old! Then he had 7 teeth come through in 8 weeks!

Tags
baby questions

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search