Exercise Questions!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you exercise?

Regularly, on a schedule, or occasionally??

For a certain amount of time??

What type of exercising??

Any exercising tips??

November 13th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Super Mommy
Do you exercise? Yes

Regularly, on a schedule, or occasionally?? I just started back to the gym 2 weeks ago but I am trying to go 3-5 days a week depending on what's going on.

For a certain amount of time?? The gym gives 2 hours of daycare everyday so I usually go for over an hour but sometimes close to the 2 hour limit.

What type of exercising?? cardio and weights

Any exercising tips?? It can be hard starting off but once you go and get into a routine you will feel so good... I actually enjoy running and feel so much better after I work out. On days I don't go or don't work out very hard I feel slouchy and like I failed at something lol. On days that you really don't feel like going, go and then treat yourself. My treat is getting something from starbucks!

November 13th, 2012, 07:32 PM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really need to get on the exercise wagon It is just so hard to get motivated atm.

Ashley
Ashley
November 19th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I bought a living social deal for 10 kickboxing classes for $35. I started last week and felt great!! I hope to go twice a week and maybe join if possible

November 26th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Right now im starting slow with just dance and yoga and such because of the c section.

I plan to return to the power 90 dvd. I began this a few weeks before i found out i was pregnant and it was helping a ton. It kicks my butt but i felt way better lol. I usually do it 6 days a week. Alternating between the strengh training and cardio. I use the resistance bands. I think the important thing to remember with yhis type of thing is u can modify it to where u are and still see results and build up to what they want. Also it sucks getting back into it but once you start and go for a week or two you feel so muj better and will start seeing results :-)

November 26th, 2012, 12:05 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Do you exercise? not as much as I would like to at this point

Regularly, on a schedule, or occasionally?? right now its occasionally but I want to make it regular, 3-5 times a week

For a certain amount of time?? I usually just do what I can but I want to make myself a little schedule and set time aside to work out, I just have to figure out how with the baby, I cant hand him off to DH since he is working 12 hour shifts mon-wed then working 10 hour shifts thurs-fri

What type of exercising?? I want to get some cardio in as well as muscle strength, expecially the abs, upper thighs and arms

Any exercising tips?? no tips really just keep up with it!

December 5th, 2012, 09:50 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Do you exercise? Yes.!

Regularly, on a schedule, or occasionally?? Regulary, 6-7 days a week

For a certain amount of time?? When I run, I run about 7 miles/5days a week, and then my long run (12-20 miles) on Saturdays, depending on where I'm at in my training cycle. I strength train each muscle group to fatigue 2x a week, do yoga and pilates 2x a week, and I have dance class 2x a week.

What type of exercising?? See above!

Any exercising tips?? The hardest part is to get started. Especially if you're an early exerciser. I run in the very early morning and forcing myself out of bed is the hardest part. I say if you're just starting out, try to do it regularly long enough to make it a habit. It really only takes 3wks-a month for a habit to be established. So, set a short term goal for that and chances are, you'll love it by that point and need it in your routine to feel normal. Also, build up gradually and don't try to kill yourself just starting out. Lastly, ANYTHING is possible physically if you just start small, set reasonable goals, and work your way up to it!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search