Black Friday

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Sherry777
  • 1 Post By afwifey09
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By Mountain~Mama
  • 2 Post By aubers68
  • 1 Post By afwifey09
  • 2 Post By Mom2JDub
  • 1 Post By irunpink
  • 1 Post By AllyssaM
  • 2 Post By Jessimaaka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2012, 08:52 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who's nuts??? Do you go out? Do you get up early to get the really good deals or go later on and get the left overs? I have been going for the past 9 years and will not miss it this year! Might be difficult with Summer but I'll make it work. Maybe I will leave her with my father since she typically sleeps till 9 anyhow and usually we're home by then since we go out at 4am!!! LOL Each year we hit up JCPenny and get the mickey mouse snow globe they hand out for free. Anyone else have this as a tradition??

November 17th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
No. Memphis people scare me on a normal day. On Black Friday, the freaks are out. I don't need a deal that bad.
AllyssaM likes this.

November 18th, 2012, 12:12 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
I worked at Target for 7 years, enough said. I'll be sleeping. I did try going last year in Orlando and I was too tired (it started at midnight) and there were so many people I thought about going off Dexter style, but somehow refrained. Not to mention, the deals are never THAT good.
AllyssaM likes this.
November 18th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I've gone only a couple times when I had something very specific in mind. I've also gone out to less busy stores that afternoon, like Sport Chalet, just to see what I can find. For the most part, I avoid it though. And I really will this year. I love some Cyber Monday shopping though.

Hope you find some awesome deals and have a good time, Aubrey.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
November 18th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
We don't really have black Friday here but its catching on. A mall here is opening at 7am. I have no idea what kind of sales there are - if Cameron is up we may go but I have no idea what the sales are like.
1fabulousfem likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 18th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I'd rather do cyber Monday too. Or small business Saturday. I don't do crowds well at all.
Cylence likes this.
November 18th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Super Mommy
Not me! I haven't for the last few yrs. I always have to take the kids & now with Luke there is no way! Too many people, too many germs! I haven't really seen anything that I just have to have either on the sales. Really can't afford to spend any either.

November 18th, 2012, 08:23 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwifey09 View Post
I worked at Target for 7 years, enough said. I'll be sleeping. I did try going last year in Orlando and I was too tired (it started at midnight) and there were so many people I thought about going off Dexter style, but somehow refrained. Not to mention, the deals are never THAT good.
Target is HORRIBLE here. The lines are up and down the isles. I try to stay away from the CRAZY places. Our mall has a few stores that don't get to crazy so we hit those up. In the past I've really enjoyed going to JCPenny the best because they have good deals on kitchen stuff and clothes AND it's not too crowded! Maybe this year I will just get up, go get my free globe and come home LOL... cyber monday sounds just as "fun" and I wouldn't have to worry about taking Summer out or leaving her with my father. (but I still want my globe for my collection )

Are there particular sites to hit on Cyber Monday... any tips?
afwifey09 and Mom2JDub like this.

November 19th, 2012, 02:07 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
AMAZON!!! Haha. Pretty much any store that does Black Friday does cyber Monday too. and I agree, Target is insane. My first Black Friday I almost ran someone over in the parking lot pulling in for work. I was NOT expecting a line out the back entrance to the store where employees parked. And, hello, it was like 3am. I was tired and not seeing well! Lol!
irunpink likes this.
November 19th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Aubrey, our JCPenney is a separate store in my city (not connected to the mall), so that's one of the few places I ever venture to on Black Friday. They do have great deals on kitchen stuff for sure.

Cassie, I was watching the news this morning, and they were talking about people already standing in line for a few places out here. Really? If they were GIVING away 50-inch TVs, I wouldn't stand in line for five days. Idiots.
afwifey09 and 3littlepiggies like this.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
November 19th, 2012, 11:04 AM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
I woke up insanely early one time, then realized it's not worth it for most things. I cherish sleep these days . Also, online shopping is just so much easier!
afwifey09 likes this.

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

November 19th, 2012, 11:41 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Noooooo. I went out with my aunt a few years ago and someone ran into us in the parking lot because he was trying to get into a parking space he thought we were after. We weren't. He gunned it and smacked right into us. Crazy people.

November 20th, 2012, 01:41 PM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My sister and I do toys r us normally, but since they are opening earlier and earlier we decided we are done. Seriously 8PM this year?
November 20th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
Some stores (for sure, walmart) are allowing their advertised black friday prices online too, but during the same time of the in store sales.

I'm trying to figure out what all stores are doing the online pricing on black friday.
November 20th, 2012, 09:11 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
I did a few times for good stuff like electronics. But not this year, thanks. Around here the outlet malls open at midnight on Black Friday, the mall opens at 3am and a lot of the big stores open Thanksgiving night at 8pm and stay open until closing time on Black friday. It's nuts. I love seeing the lines on the news lol. Only sad thing is when people trample others to get deals they could live without. And they say this time of year everyone is happy and full of good cheer. Really? Where the heck are THOSE people shopping, because all I ever see are the cranky jerks pushing little old ladies out of the way to get their greedy little hands on the last 'Tickle-Me-Elmo' toy and then listening to them b*tch to the sales people that they demand a NEW toy because their fighting over the last one resulted in the toy being ripped apart! Yup, saw it happen with my own eyes as i was working that day. Joy and good cheer my butt. People are never more rude, selfish and demanding than at Christmas.

November 20th, 2012, 10:55 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Heck no - I love my sleep FAR too much. Plus, I am usually done with my Christmas shopping at this time. This year, I just need a few things for Adalyn & stocking stuffers. . . Not worth the deals or the crowds to me!
afwifey09 likes this.

November 21st, 2012, 07:22 AM
Super Mommy
Here's what my sis does.
This is an acquired tradition from a friend and Id like to see start in the ___Scene .
We will meet at the ____ mall
start at one end
race in a mad dash to the opposite side of the mall
The first one there is the Winner
Extra points if you gather followers on the way (typically cuz they think some bad __deal is going on)

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
November 22nd, 2012, 05:14 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm going! We're leaving this afternoon for Maine (it's not Thanksgiving here), and were staying tonight and coming home sometime tomorrow. My mom, SIL, and I are going.
November 22nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hehehe, saw this on fb and had to share:

aubers68 and Cylence like this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search