A day in the life of my family

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 9 Post By Sherry777
  • 2 Post By magz88
  • 1 Post By ufmelissa824
  • 1 Post By Sherry777
  • 1 Post By MosaicWife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Pippa woke up at 8:13 a.m. I got her out of the bassinet beside our bed and took her into the living room. I nursed her on both sides on the couch until 9:00 a.m. The cherubs woke up and watched The Little Princess on the other couch. They got along for about five minutes. Then they were fighting over the blanket and complaining about the movie.

I took Pippa back into our bedroom and nursed her in our bed until about 9:45. She cooed and smiled and eventually drifted off to sleep in my arms around 10:00. I snuggled next to her for a few minutes before putting her back in her bassinet.

I cleaned the house, ironed clothes, and got dressed until 11:30. During that time, George went to get Starbucks. I made sure the cherubs cleaned their rooms and got dressed.

Pippa woke up, and I nursed her from 11:35 to 12:00. I had developed a painful cluster of blisters on my right nipple, and I had to fight screaming when she nursed. While she nursed, I looked on my phone for information and advice on Kelly Mom and LLL.

We always go shopping on Saturdays. Therefore, right before we left, I pumped. I didn’t want to get sore, full breasts while shopping in case Pippa didn’t want to nurse immediately. She generally nurses in every single place we go, but you never know.

We drove a mile to the local mall. George looked at mixers in Macy’s and did some price comparisons. (Their prices are higher than just about every other store.) He is making the Thanksgiving meal, and he wants a mixer and a lot of other appliances we just never bought.

Next we went to Gymboree to exchange some socks. We didn’t realize until after we got home after purchasing them that they were missing one of the matches. George couldn’t resist buying some of the Bunny Snow Cute line that was on sale and some from the new line. We also bought her Christmas dress. (George said, "Get me out of here before I keep finding stuff for her!" He loves dressing her.)

We left the mall at 2:00 p.m. and drove to a steakhouse, Logan’s Roadhouse, which is in the mall parking lot. Pippa was hungry again. Therefore, George took the cherubs inside to order appetizers and tea while I nursed in the car. Normally I would nurse her in a booth, but I was in too much pain on the right side. I needed to be really careful getting her to latch on that side. Pippa nursed from 2:19 to 3:00, and I worked through the pain. We were parked right in front of the windows to the bar, and I am sure anyone looking in our SUV got an interesting show.

I went inside and we ordered our food. (The cherubs had already eaten their food.) We waited for over 30 minutes, and our steaks never came. Pippa was getting fussy and was trying to drift off to sleep. Therefore, we told the waitress to cancel our order, and we left. Thankfully, I at least got a handful of cheese fries and a roll. Healthy, I know.

We left at 3:35 and drove around in the car to get Pippa to fall asleep. We headed towards a Williams Sonoma store in another part of Memphis. We got stuck on the interstate due to a wreck. In the meantime, George played country music, and we looked at the changing colors on the trees.

At Williams Sonoma, George bought a hand mixer, deep fryer, slow cooker, turkey thermometer, bottles of liquid hand soap, and two scallop edged serving dishes. Pippa peacefully slept most of that time.

We drove back to our part of the city and stopped in Target to buy diapers and a Bumbo.

My breasts were full and aching, and Pippa was tired of being in her car seat. We headed home, which, thankfully, was not very far away. As soon as we arrived home, I ran inside, strapped on My Brest Friend and immediately nursed Pippa at 5:55. George left to pick up food from Red Robin since he and I never really got a chance to eat an actual meal. I had stripped Pippa down to her diaper, and we did skin to skin nursing until George came home at 6:42.

I inhaled my dinner with little grace. (You never know if you will get to finish a meal around here.) We all sat in the living room and watched episodes of How It’s Made on NetFlix.

Pippa tried out her new Bumbo after dinner. Her legs barely fit in it, and she didn’t seem to like it at all. George did get a sweet smile, though.

I nursed Pippa again from 7:30 to 8:00. She started to fuss at my breast and did not want to be held. It was early, but I knew she was ready for bed. George got the bedroom ready while I put her pajamas on. Then I stood in front of her bassinet and held her and swayed back and forth until she was drifting off to sleep. When I put her in the bassinet, I placed my hand on Pippa’s head and prayed over her, as I do every night.

She rarely fusses once she is down for the night, but I waited a few minutes to make sure she was asleep. Then I went in the kitchen and froze about 8 bags of breast milk. I then washed the bottles and put them on the drying rack. (Our tiny freezer is full, but we are looking at French door refrigerators that are going on sale on Black Friday.)

At 9:00 p.m., I tried to wake Pippa so that I didn’t have to pump, but she did not wake up. I gave her kisses, prayed over her again, and went back to the living room. I then pumped both sides while reading the new Vineyard Vines magazine and a new Ulta magazine.

At 10:00 p.m. I took a quick bath and used the Posh samples from Liz. (I loved the black tar soap and the sugar scrub! Yum.) When I got out, I quickly dried my hair.

At 11:00 p.m., it was time for a Twinkie snack with George. We snuggled up on the couches to watch Best in Show. I was drifting off to sleep at midnight, and George reminded me I had to get up and pump. That was the last thing I did before passing out.

Last edited by Sherry777; November 19th, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
November 18th, 2012, 09:27 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Thanks for sharing your day. Jessica's hair is so long and pretty!

Good thing you guys eat out since your milk takes up all the freezer space.
afwifey09 and one.juniper like this.
November 18th, 2012, 09:33 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
TFS your day with us! I always love Pippa's outfits! I know you go to Gymboree... but every time I go there I NEVER see anything I like!! And as always, I'm SO jealous of your stash!!! I can barely pump 3oz

November 19th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
TFS! What a great day!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 19th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Mom to Madeline
Awesome buys! I'm jealous that you get to take her to so many olaces...especially a restaurant. M is just too unpredictable.

Your family is so beautiful!
November 19th, 2012, 10:39 AM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
A milk blister sounds so painful! Hope you're feeling better now. Wow! What a milk stash, that is awesome!

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

November 19th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Thanks for sharing your day, Sherry. Hope those milk blisters are better now. Ouch!

My husband always prepares the bedroom while I change Jackson into his PJs too.

And, you already know this, but I'm so envious of your breast milk stash.

November 19th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Super Mommy
Sounds like a great day. I can't believe you get your dh to do all that shopping! My dh is allergic to shopping! LOL!
You have a beautiful family.

November 19th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
Hubby & I need a new fridge, too. Maybe we should check out those Black Friday sales you speak of. It just be enough to get me out that day lol
November 19th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! What a fun day (minus the blister of course) - thanks for sharing all the pics!!
November 20th, 2012, 07:56 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a good day, minus the steak debacle. We're also looking at a new fridge on Black Friday, but not for my stash because I have none Your kids are all so cute and I love their bright blue eyes!
Sherry777 likes this.

November 20th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I just noticed the giant pot leaf on the shirt of the guy behind the cart in the Target picture! Go Memphis.
Cylence likes this.

November 20th, 2012, 08:58 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Sounds like a fantastic day! What a gorgeous family. You're truly blessed!
Thanks for sharing your day and I hope the blister heals quickly!

November 20th, 2012, 09:25 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
You're lucky to have a DH that doesn't mind being out all day on a weekend, let alone to go shopping. Nice! Sorry about the blisters. Hope they clear up soon.
Cylence likes this.

November 20th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH likes to shop too- looks like a fun day! Also, minus the blister, and the fact you didn't get to eat your steaks!

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

November 21st, 2012, 12:04 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
You have a beautiful family, thanks for sharing your day!
November 23rd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i love shopping and wish I could take Aubrey to go with me. But she just screams the whole time lol. Thanks for sharing your day.

Thank you Vicki for my wonderful siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search