Rolling Over

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2012, 09:14 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who's baby does it? Are they rolling from belly to back or back to belly? How often does your LO roll? Who's baby hasn't rolled yet?? Do you try to get them to or not really worried about trying?

Summer still isn't. She did it one time, belly to back. But to be honest, she was sort of tilted already when I laid her down. She tries, you can tell she's trying but she just doesn't do it. Bums me out! I want to see her roll!

December 6th, 2012, 09:23 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Emmett was consistently rolling belly to back at five weeks old. He was born holding his head up Nd looking around though lol and a lot of that rolling from belly to back is the head going over lol. He just started back to belly and has only done that a couple of times.

With my daughter she was 3m1d and it just clicked and she rolled both ways the same day. I thought that was early.

December 6th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Mom to Madeline
Madeline did front to back and then back to front (same day/play time) about 2 weeks ago, and hasn't done it since...so I'd say that was a fluke!
December 6th, 2012, 09:49 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Ava did once at a month and a half or so old, but I also think it was a fluke cause she hasn't done it since. She also goes straight to meltdown mode on her tummy, so I think it's going to be awhile yet. I'm not exactly worried, just frustrated that she hates tummy time so much.
December 6th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I honestly don't do much tummy time with Jackson because he's really strong already and he pretty much dislikes it. So he hasn't had much occasion to roll from tummy to back. He has done if a few times.

However, he rolls from back to tummy ALL THE TIME! He will not sleep on his back. Within 5 minutes of laying him down, he rolls onto his tummy... every single time.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
December 6th, 2012, 10:33 AM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
Mel just started rolling from tummy to back consistently last week...I love the look of surprise on her face while she does it. When she's on her back she'll turn on her side so she's almost there so I"m guessing back to tummy in a couple of weeks.

December 6th, 2012, 10:57 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Finn started rolling from tummy to back early October. He rolled from back to tummy once last week. I wonder if that was a fluke because he hadn't done it since. LOL!

December 6th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwifey09 View Post
Ava did once at a month and a half or so old, but I also think it was a fluke cause she hasn't done it since. She also goes straight to meltdown mode on her tummy, so I think it's going to be awhile yet. I'm not exactly worried, just frustrated that she hates tummy time so much.
this. lol. Just replace Ava with Micah! He went to the ped today and she wasn't worried. In fact, she said in most things he is advanced. She did encourage me to make him do more tummy time though...
afwifey09 likes this.
December 6th, 2012, 12:03 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Theo hasn't. I roll him around when we are playing but he shows no interest in doing it himself.

He is much more into sitting. The other day he was sitting on his own in the tripod position and then pushed himself up and the smile on his face when he did that was so full of pride! I think that was a fluke but he is on his way.
December 6th, 2012, 12:35 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Not here. Adalyn isn't a huge fan of tummy time so we don't do a whole lot of that. . . And she deff isn't rolling back to belly yet, either, though she can roll to her side when on her back. Glad to hear she isn't the only one!

December 6th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Cam will do belly to back only because he isn't the biggest fan of tummy time. He rolls onto his side from his back while sleeping, but not all the way over. I figure he'll do it in his own time, he doesn't get much tummy time since he'd rather be vertical.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 6th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Super Mommy
Abby's not rolling either. She much prefers sitting or standing with help.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
December 6th, 2012, 01:49 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Noah rolled from back to belly a month ago and hasn't bothered his arse doing it again. Hes a lazy baby lol.

...and baby number 2
December 6th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Pippa did it twice but only because she was trying to get to my boob. I guess she won't do it again any time soon since we're always holding her. She hates her play mat, but she does like sitting up.

December 6th, 2012, 04:33 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Harper rolls both ways, mainly from belly to back when she gets over tummy time.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
December 6th, 2012, 06:47 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Ozzy tries occassionally but gets bored with it. He hasn't done it successfully on his own yet but if you give him a nudge he can. I think he's actually trying to roll from back to front, but know that's supposed to come later, it just that he keeps arching his back and pushing his head really far to one side.

My MIL gave me SO's baby book as a gift at my shower and I looked up when he rolled - 5 months.
magz88 likes this.

Pinterest
Flickr
December 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Connor rolls from tummy to back but not every time I put him on his tummy. He usually lifts his head up high and looks around for a while, then starts checking out the patterns on his playmat, and then he'll either roll over or want me to pick him up. He usually rolls at least once every couple of days. He hasn't gone from back to tummy yet.
December 7th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
No rolling yet, totally not worried about it.
December 7th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She has come super close to rolling from back to belly, but just can't quite make it. We hardly do much tummy time because it makes her spitting up worse.

Jan 2010 August 2011

December 7th, 2012, 06:42 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Leo rolled over when he was about a month old... But then after that week he just plants his face on the tummy time mat and starts to get frustrated...
Now at almost 4month his neck is much stronger and from time to time he would roll from tummy to back but I really mean from time to time... I don't think he connected that what he was doing was rolling over...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search