have to pay moren kind of a rant

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So my friend who I have had babysitting Aden every weekend is going to have to get a job due to changing circumstances. It is really hard for me to think about day care but I put on my big girl pants today and started making calls. Two out of the ten day cares I called would not accept Aden unless I switch him to formula (WTH?) I checked to see if that was legit and it is there is only one state that has an anti discrimination against breastfed babies Louisiana. The more I looked most of the other places are going to charge me more money to bring my breast milk in. One place I called is going to charge me 10 extra dollars a day. Also I only found one daycare that is open on the weekends and it is in a sketchy neighborhood.

I think I am going to talk to my fiance about being a SAHM at least for a little while he is going so school and receiving 975 a month for housing allowance from the GI bill. The requirements for my job would require me to work weekends so unless I find a new job and work nine to five or find a stable sitter I just don't know what is going to happen. It seems like the daycares in my area suck!

Thanks for reading

December 14th, 2012, 04:26 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went down to part time and have my bf's aunt watching him one day during the week and he has him on the weekends when I work. I did NOT want to do daycare, and with the cost of it and how much I commute, I would only make $150 a MONTH anyways.

I think you should talk to him about staying home. I did not even know they could say no breastmilk!! That is ridiculous! I don't see how it would be any harder, seems easier since it is already prepared.

Hope you figure something out.

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

December 14th, 2012, 04:43 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! Thats redicouls! I didnt know that was even allowed, I thought because of all te anti breastfeeding and pumping laws that day care of all places would go along with it to! I hope you figure out something that will work for you! I'm sorry!

December 15th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
you wont regret staying at home they only small for so long. thats a lot of missed time with your baby for a lil money. if it isnt nessesary id lower your bills, you can live in a cheaper place maybe and have housing allowance money left over, depending on your family size and his income you may qualify for wic if you are not working and that may help. dont be afraid to use your resources if you need them, or they have a place on post that helps with babies items and things if you get in a pinch i cant remember the name but ask someone and they might be able to help you budget or find a way to do it financially! they are very helpful.

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
December 16th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow. Daycares discriminating against breast milk!?!? That is insane and should not be allowed. That is something you don't hear about. I would have never thought that was happening. Our right to breastfeed our babies should be further protected. What a disappointment

I hope you are able to be a SAHM to Aden, I know you will love it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search