What a day...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2012, 05:28 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Finn saw his pediatrician today. He has becoming a regular. I'm not liking that at all! He has a cough, cold and a viral conjunctivitis. Too boot, his bottom tooth feels like it's about to pierce. He's not a happy camper and neither is Mommy. I am exhausted.
He also gave us a sample of Neocate to supplement with. I'm really not interested. I had the scare of my life with all that projectile vomit.
Anyone have any experience with Neocate?

Last edited by 1fabulousfem; December 14th, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
December 14th, 2012, 05:34 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
My son grew up on neocate. He was severely protein sensitive till he was about 15 months. He couldn't really do solids till then. Neocate is total nutrition though and really helped us out. It's hard to supplement with because it tastes horrible. Its much better for allergy kids than the OTC stuff though. For us we had to do one or the other. Breast or bottle. It was a 2 week adjustment of puking and misery, but he did turn around on it. I did an allergy diet for as long as possible, but he ended up being allergic to eggs and nuts as well which really limited me. When we switched him to neocate, he was a completely different baby.

December 14th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Mom to Madeline
Neocate is highly recommended and I've heard tons of raves. It's our next step if the Alimentum stops doing the trick.

Hope he's better soon. Poor guy!
December 14th, 2012, 06:49 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Wanted to add that we supplement with neocate for Cora too. She doesnt like it, but it's really the only choice when there is no safe breastmilk in the fridge. (you might want to dump or donate your freezer stash. )

December 15th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Just wanted to offer honey xxx

December 15th, 2012, 05:01 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
No the Alimentum worked for dd2 until we figured everything out
so no experience with it. I pumped during that time and the breast milk
With milk in it.....I saved it till she was a year old and she could handle it then.
But we are only figuring some things out recently. She's now 3 and has really bad
Eczema. I'm thinking it's from when she has alot of milk at one time. I thought she
Had outgrew it!
December 15th, 2012, 07:20 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I never tried it, since I did the elimination diet for myself while I was nursing. I found that invaluable since I was going to have to teach him how to eat like that. No better way to learn how to feed him than for me to eat that way for a season while I breastfed him. My chiro is a naturopath and used kinesiology to help me get started in the right direction with the elimination diet.

I have had clients who chose to use it. They also mentioned a struggle of transitioning onto it.

I'm sorry you are having a difficult time. My heart goes out to you. I know it was hard to figure out what to do when I realized Aidan had food allergies.

December 17th, 2012, 08:32 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

It's awful where our babies cough and you feel so helpless...
Hope little Finn feels better....
Leo has a cough too and it just makes me so sad.....
December 17th, 2012, 09:09 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I have no experience with it, but wanted to offer hugs! I hope you find something that works soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search