Parenting confessions

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By 20ghanover
  • 1 Post By AllyssaM
  • 1 Post By magz88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2012, 01:26 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
You know you have them, fess up

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

December 27th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I give in to my 2 year old when he's melting down. Sure, five granola bars in a day, what does it really matter?!
December 27th, 2012, 08:08 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Lol! It doesn't.

I let Pearce put Ozzy beside him on the piano bench in the bumbo so I can get a break when he's practicing, even though I know its dangerous.

Pinterest
Flickr
December 27th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I don't spend much time with Jessie and Kissy because I am so wrapped up in nursing Pippa. It's not fair, but if I am home, I am always nursing Pippa. If we are out....you guessed it; I'm nursing Pippa. I have been so selfish, but I waited so long for a baby, and I can't help that she really wants to comfort nurse every waking moment. I do feel guilty, though.

December 27th, 2012, 11:53 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
When I'm tired I've propped up the bottle on me with a burp cloth underneath so I can rest while he has his bottle.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

December 27th, 2012, 01:06 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Sometimes I get bored of playing with him.
December 27th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
If he's yelling at me because he wants me to play with him and I'm doing some cleaning/cooking/showering/on JM/insert as appropriate....I'll yell back and finish what I'm doing...sometimes its up to 5 min.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 27th, 2012, 06:21 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
I get so tired of having to hold/play/entertain her all.day.long. Every day.

My oldest was always so independent. Adalyn can only happily play alone for maybe 10 minutes before she starts fussing.
Cylence likes this.

December 28th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by magz88 View Post
Sometimes I get bored of playing with him.
Just sometimes?
If all I did every second of every day was amuse the children I would actually go insane.

I bribe Daniel with lollipops to avoid confrontation - not a million a day or anything, but for anything I really need/want him to do. And I let Michaela amuse herself with her favourite crinkly/chewy/feely toy in her bouncer while I have coffee and first check in online, every single day. (Supervised of course and this is after she's been fed and changed, I'm not a monster).

Some of my happiest days are when Mum or Shaun takes Michaela and I go out to window shop / shop / get coffee by myself. Not that I don't love my days or time with the kids - I emphatically do - but I have a real need and love of being just ME, rather than mummy, as well.

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; December 28th, 2012 at 04:54 AM.
December 28th, 2012, 02:10 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I get bored of playing with them too, I need more adult stimulation.

Erm confessions... I definetly fold sometimes and give in to them, sometimes you have to pick your battles and if a chocolate is going to keep them quiet so I can enjoy 5 minutes of peace, whatever.

Sometimes when Chris is home, I hide in the toilet or shower for alone time lol.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

December 28th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Me too. I also make up reasons why I need to go out sometimes.

I'm sounding more and more horrible. I really am a good mum, honestly. But I'm a good mum in my own way. I'm definitely not an AP person. I give my kids lots of time and love. But I have to have someone else take over sometimes and have some time to be me, whether that makes me selfish or not.

Another confession I sort of was hesitant to say...I hated lactating. Absolutely hated it. I was grateful it happened and Michaela had 3 nearly 4 months of my milk. But it actually made me feel gross. Sleep issues aside, I could not imagine continuing on for a year or more and am in total admiration of any mom who does.

December 29th, 2012, 08:40 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I play cartoons all day. Doesn't mean that they watch cartoons all day but it's background noise that I need more than the kids. A steady stream of My Little Pony, Blues Clues, Backyardigans, Curious George, and of course Spongebob plays all day. Sometimes Harper will stop and actually watch it or request something but it really is mostly background noise.

December 29th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Pixie Dust's Avatar Veteran
My 15 year old son is a cross country runner so he has to run about 8 to 10 miles everyday. I have to follow him down our dirt road. It takes about an hour so I put Cetch in the front seat of my Mini Cooper (in his car seat). I know that is a big no-no but the gravel road is not used by anyone but us so we never see any other cars and we are only going 10 miles per hour. If the weather is nice (which it is a lot here in Texas) I put the top of my car down, turn up the radio and we sing to the music. Cetch seems to enjoy it and makes noises almost the whole time.

Thanks Vicki... for my siggy!

Last edited by Pixie Dust; December 29th, 2012 at 09:25 AM.
December 29th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
hmmmmm parenting confession.....

I've given up trying to keep our dog from licking her face & hands.
December 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
The tv is on most of the day here too, but we rarely watch it, it's just there for noise.

I don't bath the kids every night, it's usually every second night, but sometimes I to two nights between if it's been a really crazy day.
December 29th, 2012, 07:30 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie View Post
Just sometimes?
OK, regularly!!!
Carwen*Angel likes this.
December 30th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieLove View Post
Sometimes when Chris is home, I hide in the toilet or shower for alone time lol.
I do this when DH is home too.

Another confession, I sometimes make Nathan wait to nap until Abby goes to sleep so I can have a little peace and quiet time.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
December 30th, 2012, 05:41 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
OK This is really embarrassing! Hope you don't think I'm to crazy, but I'm almost positive I cracked or bruised a small bone
In my hand when I was houncin on the bed with my girls :-P oh where did I hit my hand?
On my 3 year old's head!!!!! She didn't even cry just whimpered and said ow. It had tho be just the way
I hit it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search