Review of the Year

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By aubers68

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Bit of a GTKY for new/returning members and a look back over our year together, highlights and lowlights.

First name IRL:
Owlet's name:
Owlet was born on:

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you?

What about the worst?

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)?

What was the worst part of 2012 for you?

What did you learn in 2012?

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year?

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year?

December 28th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
First name IRL: Jess
Owlet's name: Cam
Owlet was born on: Aug 12

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you? Feeling movement

What about the worst? big and awkward at the end, no sleep, swelling

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)? improved my relationship with my mom, showing Cam off to everyone, did really well at work and am gearing up for a promotion

What was the worst part of 2012 for you? recovery from my c-section - it hindered me from properly caring for Cam and I needed a lot of help

What did you learn in 2012? I LOVE being a mommy, and if we could afford it, would love to have a hockey team

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? Nothing went terrible this year, but I hope we can improve communication with our extended family (DH's mostly)

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year? Love the exchanges!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 28th, 2012, 07:24 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
First name IRL: Alice
Owlet's name: Cora
Owlet was born on: 8/23

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you? feeling movement early, finding out she was a girl

What about the worst? preterm labor, bedrest, financial difficulties

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)? Watching Teddy learn to talk, nursing again, getting my job

What was the worst part of 2012 for you? job hunting

What did you learn in 2012? I learned to be the breadwinner, learning patience

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? I'm hoping to improve my career, and the way matt and i share responsibility at home... everything kinda feels like a mess

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year? not sure!

December 28th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
First name IRL: Jacque
Owlet's name: Taryn
Owlet was born on: August 15, 2012

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you? I actually liked the kicks, as violating as they were lol

What about the worst? I had an awful pregnancy all around

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)?
Best 3.... mmmmm I think Taryn's birth has pretty much been it for me... Well, and her 1st Christmas lol

What was the worst part of 2012 for you?
*rolls eyes* The drama that surfaced when Taryn was born.

What did you learn in 2012? I'm alot less selfish than I thought.

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? Not a lot went well.... and I want to improve my WAHM area *laughs* Sewing, photography, graphic design... somehow I'll make it happen *laughs*

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year? The Christmas party was my favorite I enjoyed the exchanges and the Owlbert that's going around. The DITLO was pretty cool, but with the holidays, it's kind of fizzled
December 28th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Oh, Christmas party as well...I wanna do that again!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 28th, 2012, 10:24 AM
First name IRL: Sharron
Owlet's name: Michaela
Owlet was born on: 23rd August

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you? Feeling her move.

What about the worst? Feeling sick and dizzy all day every day until 14 weeks.

Our holiday in Wales, going to a Mind Body Spirit event, and staying with Shaun's family earlier in the year.

What was the worst part of 2012 for you? Going overdue, labour and delivery, having a c-section and the recuperation afterward. So much pain, so much fear and so much helplessness. I never want to be there again.

What did you learn in 2012? That no matter what happens to me I can always bounce back. I'm a phoenix...I always rise from the ashes.

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? Career went really well but it's the area I also want to improve next year as well, because I have yet to find a permanent job.

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year? I did love the Christmas party and the exchanges we've done as well. But what I enjoyed most was when we were having a posting war with August 2011 and on the last night we had an absolute post-a-thon until what was the early hours for me. That was so much fun. My competitive side coming out!! We must challenge another board to a post war in the new year. Maybe we should hit up August 2013.
Cylence likes this.

December 28th, 2012, 11:14 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
First name IRL: Liz
Owlet's name: Ethan
Owlet was born on: July 23

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you? Movement, even though it hurt towards the end.

What about the worst? Labor, ending up with pre-e and being induced was no fun.

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)? T's sweet 16, first half of our Florida vacation, my baby shower

What was the worst part of 2012 for you? The past few months have been really hard on the family.

What did you learn in 2012? That some people aren't worth my time or energy.

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? Finances are going well and I hope they improve.

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year? I enjoyed the exchange and I'm loving Owlbert

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

December 28th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
First name IRL: Adrienne
Owlet's name: Jackson, a.k.a. Jack
Owlet was born on: August 9

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you? Everything. I absolutely loved being pregnant (even with the queasiness, constipation, heartburn, and bed rest at the end)

What about the worst? Sleepless nights from endless BH contractions and peeing

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)? Finding out Jack was a buy, watching my DH fall in love with his son and become such a great dad, and spending 14 weeks of maternity leave with my new little guy.

What was the worst part of 2012 for you? A very stressful year at work while being exhausted from pregnancy

What did you learn in 2012? That things are not always in my control and that's okay

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? Balancing life and work went well; however, I hope to put fitness back into my life in 2013.

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year? I really enjoyed the gift/ornament exchange.

December 28th, 2012, 12:24 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
First name IRL: Emma
Owlet's name: Harper
Owlet was born on: 7th of June.

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you? Her movements and the exciting anticipation of a new life.

What about the worst? Pretty much everything else.

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)? Her coming home, her first laugh and Christmas

What was the worst part of 2012 for you? Her birth and situations surrounding.

What did you learn in 2012? I'm stronger than I thought I was.

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? Nothing went really really well, really. However I want to focus more on my own mental and physical well being next year. Keeping fit and healthy will be a huge priority after my motherly duties.

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year? I really enjoyed the Christmas party.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

December 28th, 2012, 03:22 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First name IRL: Aubrey
Owlet's name: Summer
Owlet was born on: July 28th

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you? Finding out she was a girl. And the #3D/4D ultra sound

What about the worst?I hated my pregnancy. And I felt horrible because we longed for our BFP and tried so hard... but it sucked.

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)? Our trip to Myrtle Beach, watching Summer grow, smiling, laughing, sitting and when my BFF came home for a few weeks she was able to see Summer

What was the worst part of 2012 for you? Other then a crummy pregnancy, probably the trying times between my BFF and I. Things really did start to go downhill after Summer was born. Never did I imagine we would have the relationship we now have...

What did you learn in 2012? Things really do change as you get older and it's not always wanted or controllable.

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? My relationship with my husband and my family! I pray things stay as good as they are now.

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year?Loved all the Christmas activities!!
afwifey09 likes this.

December 28th, 2012, 04:38 PM
amyinwonderland's Avatar Rylan & Delaney's Mommy
First name IRL: Amy
Owlet's name: Rylan
Owlet was born on: August 22nd

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you? feeling her move, anticipation of a new little one

What about the worst? morning sickness (all day long), the excessive peeing and heartburn toward the end, and the lack of support from her father.

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and redoing my room/baby's nursery.

What was the worst part of 2012 for you? the birth experience (being given pitocin for no particular reason and then having a traumatic, chaotic birth with no pain meds because the nurse waited too late to order my epidural) and the lack of support from the baby's father (whom I was in a 5 year relationship with).

What did you learn in 2012? that being by myself is being better than being in a bad relationship.

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? not much went really well but I am anxiously anticipating 2013 being a much better year.

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year? even though I don't post very much, the discussions and advice have been a godsend. Most of my friends are getting ready to be grandmothers, not mothers...lol so ya'll have provided me with a wealth of information on so many things that have changed since the last time I was pregnant 16+ years ago.
December 28th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
First name IRL:Cris
Owlet's name:Farah
Owlet was born on:August 10

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you?just being pregnant

What about the worst?not knowing if my baby was ok at the end

Easter with my family, day at the beach with DS and DH, napping with my babies - chores be ******

What was the worst part of 2012 for you?losing Grandpa

What did you learn in 2012?I'm getting better

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year?life in general has been pretty dandy, despite a few unhappy moments. I hope to continue making lifestyle changes

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year?Christmas exchange
December 28th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Pixie Dust's Avatar Veteran
First name IRL: Shari
Owlet's name: Cetch
Owlet was born on: August 15th

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you? Feeling the movement

What about the worst? So scared that his little heart would stop beating at any second. I worried like carzy the whole time and did not enjoy being pregnant.

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)? Our trip to the beach, my daughter's 13th bday on Friday the 13th, girls trip

What was the worst part of 2012 for you? putting 2 teenagers and a infant car seat into a Mini Cooper... I hate getting all of us in that car (as much as I love my mini)!

What did you learn in 2012? People NEVER change. I already knew this but relearned it.

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? I want to improve the way DH interacts with our kids. He thinks they should run to the door shouting their praise when he drives up. He sees their teenage behaviors as being bratty and unappreciative. (which is not true)

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year? I enjoyed reading the Christmas party even thought I didn't have enough posts to join in.

Thanks Vicki... for my siggy!

December 29th, 2012, 07:56 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
First name IRL: Chantelle.
Owlet's name: Hannah.
Owlet was born on: Sept. 7th.

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you? Baby kicks and hiccups

What about the worst? Bed rest!

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)? Christmas, weekend away with Troy in the spring, my uncle's wedding.

What was the worst part of 2012 for you? My health problems.

What did you learn in 2012? not to take a single day for granted.

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? Family life has been amazing, but I need to work on taking care of me.

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year? The Christmas party was lots of fun!
December 29th, 2012, 06:09 PM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
First name IRL:Michelle
Owlet's name:Melanie
Owlet was born on:June 30th

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you?My son kissing my stomach and talking to the baby, and the baby kicking him back

What about the worst? The 2 weeks leading to my delivery- severe swelling while teaching 1st graders, bed rest, hospital bedrest, emergency c-section with doctors/nurses running around frantically, leaving my son suddenly for too long, and leaving the hospital without a baby in hand.

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)? The day we took Melanie home from the NICU and she got to meet her big brother for the 1st time, My last day of work knowing I was taking a year off, Our trip to Sesame Place in April.

What was the worst part of 2012 for you? PPD and exhaustion from 2 kids who don't like to sleep.

What did you learn in 2012? I'm stronger than I thought

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? I've managed to strengthen my relationship with my husband, after wanting to hurt him for several months straight. I need to improve on my friendships, I've let them slip by the wayside although everyone has been really understanding.

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year?
Just the fact that everyone is really friendly and helpful, even if you haven't been around for awhile.

December 29th, 2012, 06:25 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
First name IRL: Maggie
Owlet's name: Theo
Owlet was born on: August 17

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you? The experience in general.

What about the worst? The last few weeks when it was so hot and I was so uncomfortable.

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)? My wedding, hanging out with my Dad when Theo was born and reconnecting, hanging out with Christina at any time.

What was the worst part of 2012 for you? My Dad dying.

What did you learn in 2012? That sometimes things happen that aren't in the plan.

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? Relationships were great, hope to improve career in 2013.

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year? I just like the whole community feel in general!
December 31st, 2012, 04:14 AM
I'm loving reading these!

January 2nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
Super Mommy
First name IRL: Jessica
Owlet's name: Abby
Owlet was born on: August 7

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you? Feeling her move, Nathan trying to play with her

What about the worst? Not feeling kicks at the end

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)? Nathan's first time holding Abby, Christmas, staying home to teach Nathan (and Abby)

What was the worst part of 2012 for you? Nathan's day care situation

What did you learn in 2012? friends and business don't mix, don't hire friends

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? family, I hope to improve fitness

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year? The boy bands even though most are very helpful. You guys are the greatest. We lucked out in having a great group of ladies here.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
January 2nd, 2013, 02:06 PM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
First name IRL: Cassie
Owlet's name: Ava
Owlet was born on: Aug 16, 2012

What was the best thing about pregnancy for you? I was just telling DH today that I miss the thrill of pregnancy, towards the end anyway. The excitement of knowing you're going to be welcoming in this little baby that you've been anticipating FOREVER.

What about the worst? All of the rest, lol.

What are your best 3 memories of 2012 aside from owlet's birth (as I'm assuming that was one of the best for all of us!)? 1) Finding out I was having my little baby girl at 16 weeks, 2) Starting a new chapter in our lives in Idaho, 3) My in laws and mom meeting Ava and seeing how absolutely in love they all are with her.

What was the worst part of 2012 for you? Goes hand in hand with a best. I'm glad we started a new chapter in Idaho, but its never easy uprooting your life and starting over. Its been pretty lonely out here.

What did you learn in 2012? How to change a diaper.

What area of your life went really well this year and what area are you hoping to improve next year? Home life went amazingly well this year! Hellooo, we had a baby! A BABY!! I'm really hoping to improve on this whole parenting thing this year, does it ever stop being so darn complicated?! Is there anything that can't kill her?! AHH!!

What has been your favourite discussion or activity or event on our DDC/PR this year? Oh, gosh. I have no idea. I barely remember the threads I've responded to today, much less from a year!

My Ovulation Chart
January 2nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwifey09 View Post
I'm really hoping to improve on this whole parenting thing this year, does it ever stop being so darn complicated?! Is there anything that can't kill her?! AHH!![/B]
This made me lol. Nathan got into some lotion when he was about a year old and I called poison control because I was afraid he'd eaten it. They acted shocked I would leave a toxin in his reach. I had never before considered lotion hazardous. Ugh, I have to baby-proof again.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy

Tags
new year questions

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search