How do I do this?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mom2JDub

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2012, 03:48 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Tips on taking my BBT! I've never done it. Help!!!

December 30th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Mom to Madeline
Take it at the same ever day. Also, make sure you're using a BBT thermometer.
December 30th, 2012, 04:05 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Ditto the same time every day. Also, be sure to get at least 3 hours of solid sleep. Take it before you even move from your bed. If you get up at different times daily, set an alarm to take it. Hmm I think those are the important things. Oh and since this is your first time I would suggest temping during your cycles. Your temps will be wacky during that time but you really need about 6 days worth of temps before you O two get a good reliable cover line on your chart. You may want to wander over to the FAM/NFP board on jm. They have some knowledgeable ladies there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forum Runner

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

December 30th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Using a specific BBT thermometer is best, because they are more accurate than a regular digital thermometer. However, if a digital is all you have, it will work. Temping is all about consistency, and a regular digital can sometimes be inconsistent.

You want to take your BBT at the same time every day. Just set your alarm for the same time, temp, record it, and then go back to sleep if you want. You literally don't want to move too much or do anything other than wake up, and stick the thermometer in your mouth. I know that's more complicated when you have a baby that doesn't always have the same schedule. So just do your best.

If you wake up earlier than your typical time, go ahead and record that temp, instead of the later one. The key is to take your temp after at least three hours of sleep. So if you wake up at 5am but your normal temping time is 6am... go ahead and temp at 5am (without getting up first). However, if you wake up at 2am and your normal temping time is 6, go ahead and wait to temp until 6.

Unfortunately, temping won't tell you when you are going to O. It only confirms after-the-fact that you have O'd. Over time, though, you will definitely see patterns emerge that will be really helpful, when combined with CP/CM/etc., in figuring out when you're O'ing and when you can expect AF.

Speaking of AF, most women will see temp drops before AF arrives, so that's another good way to be prepared for a BFN. If, however, your temps stay high or keep rising, that's a good sign that you might get a BFP. Every woman is different, though, so you won't be able to tell what your normal is until a few months of charting.
aubers68 likes this.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
December 30th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Adrienne said it well.

Most thermometers come with instructions as well, and even a chart you can copy if you want to track it on paper (vs a website). Did yours? My Life brand one came with like a novel!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 31st, 2012, 03:46 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
The BBT thermometers do usually come with instructions. Also, taking it internally (mouth or vagina) is supposed to give you a better more consistent result.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search