Sleep Issues

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2013, 08:44 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had hoped to start transitioning Emily to her crib soon so I've been trying to prepare her by putting her to sleep in her PNP in our room. Unfortunately now that she's rolling over on her stomach, she rolls over 5 minutes after I put her in it and wakes herself up. I've left her in there to see what she does. Most times she just starts crying because she can't get back over and sometimes she wakes up completely and starts babbling and wanting to play. So after an hour of dealing with that over and over, I give up and put her back in the bed with me. I know there's a lot of controversy regarding the safety of sleep positioners so what can I do, short of velcroing her to the bed (joking, sort of)? Do I just wait until she's better at rolling back over?

January 1st, 2013, 08:55 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Not sure what advice to give here. Jackson much prefers tummy sleeping, so he's been rolling from back to belly for a while now. He will roll from belly to back, but not as freely.

I wanted to keep Jack in our room until 6 months. However, he's such a savvy roller now that his cradle has become too small for him (even though it's supposed to be good for up to 30 pounds). His rolling over doesn't seem to wake him up initially, but he'll plant his face against the bars of the cradle. Or he'll put his arm through the bar, bend his arm, then when he goes to pull it back into the cradle or roll back over, he wakes up because his arm is snagged.

He's been sleeping in the bed with me most of the night because of this. We have a huge bed, but if I place him directly in the middle, he rolls and scoots until he is right up against me. It's quite endearing, but it also means that I am really, really uncomfortable.

We're going to try to put him in his crib tonight, and I'm fully expecting him to be in our bed within an hour.

I hope you can figure something out. Perhaps when she becomes a better roller, things will be easier.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
January 1st, 2013, 09:58 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I say give it a try. Cora sleeps sooo much better in the crib. I'm lazy though. I usually nurse her to sleep in my bed, then transfer her. She usually stays asleep for most of the night. She sleeps on her stomach and has since she was new.

}
January 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM
Mom to Madeline
You could try a swing/bouncer since she won't be able to roll over if harnessed in correctly.
January 1st, 2013, 06:58 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkhighheels27 View Post
You could try a swing/bouncer since she won't be able to roll over if harnessed in correctly.
Yeah I have noticed that when she's enveloped in something, she doesn't try to roll. Some of the best naps she ever has are when I'm doing stuff around the house and I put her in the boppy on the floor. She sleeps so soundly and doesn't try to move an inch but putting the boppy in the crib would be a huge safety issue. She also sleeps really well in her car seat but that's not an option either. She probably would have done really well with a Rock n Play but it seems so late in the game to get one now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search