Bedtime & Nap schedule

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2013, 09:53 PM
krsnow's Avatar Super Mommy
Is your LO on a schedule yet? What time to you put them to bed at night?

My LO has been going to bed around 9:30 or 10 pm. Not sure if bedtime should be earlier, but this seems to be when she gets tired. She wakes up around 7am.

As for naps, I wish she would get on a consistent schedule because I can't get anything done around the house! It seems that she takes a morning nap around 9 or 10 am but sometimes it only lasts 20 min, other times it might be an hour. The after noon is all over the place, usually 1/2 hour or less cat naps around lunch time & 3:00. Once in a while she surprises me with a 2-3 late afternoon nap but that is rare.

January 1st, 2013, 11:36 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Usually Adalyn goes down between 7-8pm, but she's been waking up after 45ish minutes and sometimes going back to sleep, sometimes not, so I am playing with her schedule a little. We're usually up by 8am. By 10 she is ready for a nap, but it's usually only 30-45 minutes. Then around 1 is another nap time for another 30ish minutes. There's usually at least one more nap in there, sometimes as long as an hour and a half but usually only if it's on me. =/ Occasionally there'll be another 30 min nap there.

It drives me nuts. Most her naps are on me because by the time I lay her down upstairs, come down, take a moment to myself and then get into groove of cleaning or w/e - She's awake. And it just frustrates me. So I keep her on me.

January 2nd, 2013, 03:45 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Bedtime between 6-8, it was on the 8 side, but now she's gravitating to the 6 side. Usually up for the day at 630. Naps have very little consistency, she's usually ready for one by 11, but will sometimes go for 15 minutes or 2 hours (only in her swing or on me are they that long). She usually takes a catnap around 3 too, again..maybe 15 minutes.
January 2nd, 2013, 05:21 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Bed means falling asleep on me on the couch downstairs till I go to bed. Although we're going to try the crib tonight. That happens between 7 and 9.

Naps are all over the place and depend when we get up, which can vary from 6:30 - 9:30. No consistency whatsoever. And if I put him down to go do something, his nap is significantly shorter.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 2nd, 2013, 05:22 AM
Super Mommy
In bed between 7-8. Usually one or two wake ups for food and diaper. Up at 6-7. She is doing the 3-4-5 nap thing only it tends to be more 2-3-4 or 3-3-4. Her naps are not usually very long unless they are on me or in her swing. In her bed I get about 20 min. usually.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
January 2nd, 2013, 07:57 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Pippa goes to bed between 8:00 and 10:00 p.m.- whenever she falls asleep nursing. She stays asleep until I get her out of bed at 6:00 a.m. on weekdays. On weekends, she will sleep 12 hours if I let her. If I get tired of pumping or I'm concerned her diaper is getting full, I will wake her.

She is not a big napper for the sitter or for me. Generally she will take one mid-morning nap for the sitter.

January 2nd, 2013, 08:43 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
He's a pretty inconsistent napper during the day, but he very consistently goes to bed between 8-9pm and wakes up at 6am almost on the dot! He does wake up several times throughout the night, but he quickly goes back to sleep after nursing.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
January 2nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
We've gone all over the place lately. I think he's either teething or not feeling well. He's been going to bed later, after 10pm, getting up anywhere between 5-7 eat, go back to bed for another few hours, then naps throughout the day. I never know if it's going to be a cat nap or a long one.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

January 2nd, 2013, 10:10 AM
Mom to Madeline
This month has been pretty inconsistent with this dreaded 4mo sleep regression. But, she goes to bed at 8:30 (was going at 9:30, but was overly tired), and wakes up at 7am.

I'm trying to keep a consistent schedule of a nap 1 hour after waking, then 2 hours for the rest of the day...it's getting better, but not completely there yet.

She's really ready for bed around 7:45pm, but i dint want to get up early!
January 2nd, 2013, 11:30 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Paxton is ready for bed at 8 at night. He naps around 9am, noon, 2pm and 5 pm.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search